Public Outreach
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Public Outreach Management reviews

Australia14 reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance

Fundraiser

Being a fundraiser is challenging, yet a rewarding role. You must be resilient, as the job can get to you. Getting your KPIs can be stressful, if you don’t get them then you go on revaluation or let go, so no job security, but the support is always there, and it is up to you to use it. They harp on a bit much about following there script, perfect pillars, rapport, call backs and objection handling. The best part of the job, is knowing the good your doing in the world. For me getting kids sponsored, and looking after our return soldiers was gratifying. You get a salary and on top of that bonuses when you have reached over your KPIs. A lot of young adults are employed within this company and not many seniors like myself, but I formed some amazing friendships that I will keep for life. The rewards and bonuses don’t always get to you, unless you keep reminding upper management. They play loads of games along the way. But all in all a great place to work. I only left due to on going health issues.

Pros

Supportive, You can work overtime if you want. Rewards win game extended lunch breaks.

Cons

Emotionally challenging- Great support -Good Salary

If you don't mind being threatened to be fired every day...

Lots of pressure to meet targets - your job security is threatened by management every day (not just me, the entire team of 6 others we had - all of us quit within two weeks of working there!) Management blatantly lied about salary and benefits - poorly managed and pressurised job which inhibits being able to work properly and raise funds needed Very business oriented and seems like they care more about money than actually raising funds for the charity - told us to lie to the public about what they could actually donate

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Pressure, poor management, sketchy lying

Official response from Public Outreach

12 August 2019
The pay structure and hourly wage is very clearly set out - may i ask what it was to do with your pay structure that you felt misled about? The fact that it is a target based role is also spoken about at length during the interview process.

I worked in the Sydney based office for 5 months and it was probably one of the best experiences of my working life. The office is full of friendly, passionate and positive people which has created such a great working environment. The management was great at supporting, teaching and encouraging us all to reach our best potential as fundraisers for some incredible charities. The use of 'energizers' after each break was one of my favorite parts of the job. They are used to get everyone to relieve stress and get people energized and focused ready for the next session of fundraising. Really has been such an incredible experience! I actually would look forward to going into work.

Not as good as they say

Complete let down with the way they run the company, this was due to the pressure they placed, despite contradictory saying that they would not place a large amount of pressure on us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Outreach. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Public Outreach