Public Outreach

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.7Pay & Benefits

Fundraiser

Being a fundraiser is challenging, yet a rewarding role. You must be resilient, as the job can get to you. Getting your KPIs can be stressful, if you don’t get them then you go on revaluation or let go, so no job security, but the support is always there, and it is up to you to use it. They harp on a bit much about following there script, perfect pillars, rapport, call backs and objection handling. The best part of the job, is knowing the good your doing in the world. For me getting kids sponsored, and looking after our return soldiers was gratifying. You get a salary and on top of that bonuses when you have reached over your KPIs. A lot of young adults are employed within this company and not many seniors like myself, but I formed some amazing friendships that I will keep for life. The rewards and bonuses don’t always get to you, unless you keep reminding upper management. They play loads of games along the way. But all in all a great place to work. I only left due to on going health issues.

Pros

Supportive, You can work overtime if you want. Rewards win game extended lunch breaks.

Cons

Emotionally challenging- Great support -Good Salary

Awesome Pace, Team & Skill Development!

Everyday I come into work I know that I am creating positive change somewhere in the world. We are not necessarily the ones on the ground saving lives or dedicating our time to help others but we are on the phones everyday connecting those who are needing help with long time donors! Coming from a retail background, this feels WAY more rewarding and tested me beyond my limits which I've always loved.This place is a challenge and isn't for the faint hearted. It tests you and will bring you some of the most important conversations you've ever had!

Pros

Team incentives every day and week to keep up momentum, Weekly bonus's & prizes, Team meetings are hilarious and breaks up the day, They're always on the look out for the best fundraisers to promote!

Cons

Can feel repetitive using scripts everyday but you get used to it and make it your own anyway, Intolerable people over the phone, Moral obligation to hit target each week.

If I could write no stars I would, public outreach has a great team leader team however the management and work “culture” is nothing but toxic.

If you want to work a job where you will be threatened every day that you’re going to loose your job then this is for you. Public outreach has the highest turn over of staff ever seen they hire around 15 people a week give or take then within 2 weeks only 3 are left. You are treat like a full timer on causal advantages no annual leave or sick leave if you take time off you are expected to work back or you work your Saturday even though you are CASUAL. The pay is decent but not worth the stress and damage it will do to your mental health. No job stability they hire and fire.

Pros

Good team leaders

Cons

If you don't mind being threatened to be fired every day...

Lots of pressure to meet targets - your job security is threatened by management every day (not just me, the entire team of 6 others we had - all of us quit within two weeks of working there!) Management blatantly lied about salary and benefits - poorly managed and pressurised job which inhibits being able to work properly and raise funds needed Very business oriented and seems like they care more about money than actually raising funds for the charity - told us to lie to the public about what they could actually donate

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Pressure, poor management, sketchy lying

Official response from Public Outreach

12 August 2019
The pay structure and hourly wage is very clearly set out - may i ask what it was to do with your pay structure that you felt misled about? The fact that it is a target based role is also spoken about at length during the interview process.

Amazing company to work with

Public outreach Is an awesome company to work for. You are supported 100% of the way and learn many skills that can also help you in your day to day life, whether that be keeping positive or getting outside of your comfort zone. I have been here for 5 years and I don’t plan on going anywhere. The Culture is amazing! You meet so many great people from all over the world. The fundraisers, team leaders and managers you get to work with make you feel at home, a place where you want to stay long term. The same opportunity is here for anyone who walks through the doors.

Pros

Culture, free beer and pizza

More than a job: this place is my home

Half a decade ago I was lost. I had no direction in my life, trying odd jobs here and there and constantly failing. I didn't work hard at anything because I didn't think anything was worth it. I secured an interview at Public Outreach and thought to myself, "here we go. Just another marketing agency that will use me, abuse me, and dump me." I couldn't have been more wrong. From day one I've been treated like a real human being. I have been given opportunities and a career I never thought was possible for myself, all while helping to make the world a better place through fundraising for amazing charities. This company is a family, and every single day when I wake up I'm excited to go to work and be with people who genuinely share my passion for a better world. Yes the work can be hard at times. But changing the world is never easy. Yes you can get rejected a lot as a fundraiser. But now I can face anything life throws at me with drive and positivity. Yes there are targets to meet. But they are more than achievable and they've taught my to manage my time and be resilient. I have had the absolute privilege of travelling and living all over this great country because of Public Outreach. I met the best friends I could ever ask for through working here. I even met my life partner here! If you want to become a better communicator, open amazing doors in the charity sector (and life in general), or learn how to be the best version of yourself than you can be - I strongly recommend giving this company a shot. Your future self will thank you immensely for -

Pros

Culture, pay, career opportunities

Cons

Working towards targets and meeting new people every day is not for everybody

I worked in the Sydney based office for 5 months and it was probably one of the best experiences of my working life. The office is full of friendly, passionate and positive people which has created such a great working environment. The management was great at supporting, teaching and encouraging us all to reach our best potential as fundraisers for some incredible charities. The use of 'energizers' after each break was one of my favorite parts of the job. They are used to get everyone to relieve stress and get people energized and focused ready for the next session of fundraising. Really has been such an incredible experience! I actually would look forward to going into work.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Public Outreach?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Outreach. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Public Outreach