Public Outreach
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Public Outreach Work–Life Balance reviews

Australia14 reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.7Pay & Benefits

Good & unique culture!

Loved working for this company and loved the people. The role was sometimes stressful but I also enjoy the fast paced nature of it. The friends I've made here are still people I keep in touch with!

Pros

Good culture

Cons

Sometimes tressful

Awesome Pace, Team & Skill Development!

Everyday I come into work I know that I am creating positive change somewhere in the world. We are not necessarily the ones on the ground saving lives or dedicating our time to help others but we are on the phones everyday connecting those who are needing help with long time donors! Coming from a retail background, this feels WAY more rewarding and tested me beyond my limits which I've always loved.This place is a challenge and isn't for the faint hearted. It tests you and will bring you some of the most important conversations you've ever had!

Pros

Team incentives every day and week to keep up momentum, Weekly bonus's & prizes, Team meetings are hilarious and breaks up the day, They're always on the look out for the best fundraisers to promote!

Cons

Can feel repetitive using scripts everyday but you get used to it and make it your own anyway, Intolerable people over the phone, Moral obligation to hit target each week.

Really fun work enviornment

Working at public outreach was an amazing experience! You get to chat to people all day while making a difference to charity. In the morning and after each break you get to play energisers which is really fun and everyone that works there is lovely so you make so many friends! You have got targets to meet weekly but they are definitely achievable. Managers are team leaders are supportive and offer advice to get you there. On Fridays, there are beers in the office after work and they have pizza lunches or a BBQ often too! I can not recommend this place to work for enough!!

Amazing company to work with

Public outreach Is an awesome company to work for. You are supported 100% of the way and learn many skills that can also help you in your day to day life, whether that be keeping positive or getting outside of your comfort zone. I have been here for 5 years and I don’t plan on going anywhere. The Culture is amazing! You meet so many great people from all over the world. The fundraisers, team leaders and managers you get to work with make you feel at home, a place where you want to stay long term. The same opportunity is here for anyone who walks through the doors.

Pros

Culture, free beer and pizza

Great job for learning communication skills

Simply put, one of the best fundraising agencies out there. No commission, good work/life balance, amazing culture and coworkers, awesome socials, EAP, and progression opportunities. I've had the opportunity to travel around Australia and build a great career working with charities!

Pros

Company culture, employee support, supportive managers

Cons

Targets aren't everybody's cup of tea. Having said that though, they're very achievable and there are bonuses for overachievement.

More than a job: this place is my home

Half a decade ago I was lost. I had no direction in my life, trying odd jobs here and there and constantly failing. I didn't work hard at anything because I didn't think anything was worth it. I secured an interview at Public Outreach and thought to myself, "here we go. Just another marketing agency that will use me, abuse me, and dump me." I couldn't have been more wrong. From day one I've been treated like a real human being. I have been given opportunities and a career I never thought was possible for myself, all while helping to make the world a better place through fundraising for amazing charities. This company is a family, and every single day when I wake up I'm excited to go to work and be with people who genuinely share my passion for a better world. Yes the work can be hard at times. But changing the world is never easy. Yes you can get rejected a lot as a fundraiser. But now I can face anything life throws at me with drive and positivity. Yes there are targets to meet. But they are more than achievable and they've taught my to manage my time and be resilient. I have had the absolute privilege of travelling and living all over this great country because of Public Outreach. I met the best friends I could ever ask for through working here. I even met my life partner here! If you want to become a better communicator, open amazing doors in the charity sector (and life in general), or learn how to be the best version of yourself than you can be - I strongly recommend giving this company a shot. Your future self will thank you immensely for -

Pros

Culture, pay, career opportunities

Cons

Working towards targets and meeting new people every day is not for everybody

Fun work enviroment

The people I worked with were lovely and friendly and made my time there great. During my time there I felt empowered that I was helping charity. being a fundraising place it was quite stressful and I didn't feel I had any job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Outreach. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Public Outreach
  • Work–Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?