Public Transport Authority
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Public Transport Authority Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews
If I will get a chance I can go back to PTA to work and would also recommend someone who has a looking for work to work at PTA
Àaaàgg hbb. Jn hold hvf find form
It's a very busy workplace with lots of new projects and interesting areas to work in. It's based at the East Perth train station so getting to work is easy.
Pros
Free parking for employees and contractors
Great insight into a large scale project.
Opportunity to work as part of an Alliance and leadership team.

Structured workplace providing support at all levels.

Project progress monitoring.

Stakeholder Liaison.

Management meeting support.

Report preparation.

Contract administration assistance.

Registration of documents via Electronic document management systems.

Monitoring of incoming and outgoing correspondence relating to contracts.
Management is petty and vindictive, they pretend to act fairly but are most unfair on a regular basis, and are willing to break any rule or regulation if it suits them, but if staff do some minor offence or error, they try and throw the book of rules at them, they pretend to be fair but to say the least some people get treated a lot more fairer than others and can get away with almost anything, and on a regular or continuous basis too, because management is so un fair and inconsistant, a great number of staff have a "could not care" attitude, they think they are not going to receive any thanks for doing a good job, but will be condemed easily, so why bother?.. upper management are miserable, they give very little reward or reconition and appear to look constantly at ways to even cut back on what they do give, and even LIE to the industrial relations commission,,,,, completely un trustworthy..... otherwise the job could be quite good..
.... Cheers....
An autonomous role. Great co-operative colleagues. Well informed. Exciting media presentation. Knowledgeable. Really loved working there but unfortunately it was a temporary. I would definitely work there again if required and requested by PTA
Good job, great people
Unfortunately the roster disagreed with the change in family circumstances

Excellent opportunity for overtime

Great people to work with
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Shiftwork / life balance
I supported clients (users) face to face during information-gathering and when rolling out new software onto users' computers. I exercised full responsibility and accountability whilst enjoying great teamwork and cohesion. The people and workplace as an organisation was ideal for my day to day work. Turning up to work daily was a joy!
Pros
Flexible work start and finish time, and the overall hours of work.
Cons
The project wrapping up and having no more work to keep me employed there.
every day is different as is every shift you are always vigilant/alert for any kind of misshap that can occur at any time.the management is supportive if there are any problems
Workplace culture rewards the most ruthless: those willing arrest or infringe as many offenders as possible and to betray their own workmates for promotions. Management cares for little but collecting money from infringements.
Working for the PTA was an pleasure. The staff were well trained and everyone seemed happy to be there. It was a shame that the job that enjoyed so much came to an end due to cutbacks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Public Transport Authority?
Because the Transit Officer, like a lot of public servants, have their shift penalties and overtime paid on a pro-rata base, rather than a flat rate like Police Officers and Police Auxiliary Officers, a Transit Officer will earn about as much as a standard Constable, up to maybe third or fourth year.
The Public Transport Authority can be soft in regards to judicial process, withdrawing infringements without consultation with the issuing officer.

Management is the same as with any other job; there will be those that will throw you under the bus to climb the ladder. There are also those that will support you.
Pros
Good money for little work
Cons
Lack of respect, viewing you as "wannabe cops."
A steady job and good if you like working outside. Some ongoing training if you have no overhead line knowledge and want to enter the field. You must be spacially aware when operating on track plant with overhead obstacles.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No free lunches
at the start of the shift you collect all the relevant documents and proceed according to your run sheet.you always work in pairs and deal with circumstances as a team.the hardest part of the job is to deal with aggressive members of public influenced by drug use.the most enjoyable part of the job is that you work at different areas and deal with people from different backgrounds.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift timings
People at my workplace great to work with,but management staff to busy with the ideas of climbing the ladder instead of making the workplace a better place
Pros
Good Work Mates
Cons
Bad Managers, Armstrong Furmedge, Kitis and Sviric
As a graduate engineer, i was exposed to complex problems faced by the troubleshooting engineers on an ordinary day.

backed up training exposure, creating novel innovation as part of the solution for existing problems and loads of team building activities are just some of the examples
Pros
Free travel (Public transport)
Cons
Location- Kewdale
Everyday was the same routine, we pick up children from home and drop off at schools, we make sure children are sitted correctly on the bus, make sure they are safe, we use to play verbal games on the bus which the children truly enjoyed them, I am a friendly and professional person therefore I sincerely enjoyed working with the children on the bus as well as the parents of the children and the teaches of the children we were all like one big family, the only hard part in the job was in the afternoon when we drop off children if there was nobody home (it happen few times) we ring up few numbers until we find parent/guardian to collect the children, overall we had lots of fun working with the children.
Pros
Every Friday we gave the children a treat after school
Cons
We worked standard hours
Not what I expected, high staff turn over due to duties and work conditions.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor rosters, no challenge, repetitive duties.
I never had a bad day at this organisation. Great manager and great co-workers
4.45am to 5am start. Opening up stations, station check, log on radio procedures with base. Check operations of stations and contact TVM control. Monitor and control passenger movement and safety especially during peak times of travels. Issues of infringements of criminals and passengers breaking the law, not buying tickets etc. checking first aid kits are fully operational at all times on stations and fire safety procedures, OSH procedures and hazards. Customer Service, helping passengers with the right timetables, catching the right train or bus to their destination required. Helping passengers purchase the right tickets and also smart rider issues, the control of fare gate booths, train riding, detaining criminals, access to a passenger check through the Police mainframe, monitoring CCTV of passenger movement or criminal activity.
I learned that we are all human, everyone makes mistakes, this position made me a stronger person as I have experienced some of the worst situations ever to be involved in and dealt with serious offenders. I have also had the pleasure of working with some great managers as the job can be demanding and if you dont watch your own step and personal interpretations towards others, you can find yourself in trouble or seriously injured.

I have worked with many co workers in my 6 years of employment in this position and have made many solid friendships and had the pleasure of being in strong team environments.

The hardest part of the job is getting up at 3.30am-4.00 am to get ready for a 10 hour day ahead of you. Another important aspect of this job that
 - more...
Pros
make good freinds with other staff and a solid team
Cons
too early in the morning starts, their hard on your body