Public Transport Authority
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Public Transport Authority Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

It was a good experience working at PTA

If I will get a chance I can go back to PTA to work and would also recommend someone who has a looking for work to work at PTA Àaaàgg hbb. Jn hold hvf find form

Backstabbing. Nepotism

People backstab eachother to gain favour with management. If you speak up against management they will make life difficult for you so you leave or they will find a excuse to sack you. Money is good and thats about it.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Nepotism and Bad Managememt.

Fast paced & exciting new projects

It's a very busy workplace with lots of new projects and interesting areas to work in. It's based at the East Perth train station so getting to work is easy.

Pros

Free parking for employees and contractors

High end project with experience growth opportunity

Great insight into a large scale project. Opportunity to work as part of an Alliance and leadership team. Structured workplace providing support at all levels. Project progress monitoring. Stakeholder Liaison. Management meeting support. Report preparation. Contract administration assistance. Registration of documents via Electronic document management systems. Monitoring of incoming and outgoing correspondence relating to contracts.

could be a good job, but lots of bad work practices.

Management is petty and vindictive, they pretend to act fairly but are most unfair on a regular basis, and are willing to break any rule or regulation if it suits them, but if staff do some minor offence or error, they try and throw the book of rules at them, they pretend to be fair but to say the least some people get treated a lot more fairer than others and can get away with almost anything, and on a regular or continuous basis too, because management is so un fair and inconsistant, a great number of staff have a "could not care" attitude, they think they are not going to receive any thanks for doing a good job, but will be condemed easily, so why bother?.. upper management are miserable, they give very little reward or reconition and appear to look constantly at ways to even cut back on what they do give, and even LIE to the industrial relations commission,,,,, completely un trustworthy..... otherwise the job could be quite good.. .... Cheers....

Enjoyable working environment and autonomous role

An autonomous role. Great co-operative colleagues. Well informed. Exciting media presentation. Knowledgeable. Really loved working there but unfortunately it was a temporary. I would definitely work there again if required and requested by PTA

Good work culture

Good job, great people Unfortunately the roster disagreed with the change in family circumstances Excellent opportunity for overtime Great people to work with

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Shiftwork / life balance

Carpark attendant

Walking around the carpark of Rockingham, Wellard and Kwinana stations checking vehicles to ensure that they had paid. It was good being able to meet new people every day from all walks of life

Pros

being outside and meeting new people every day

Cons

Hot sun and wet weather

A productive and satisfactory workplace

I supported clients (users) face to face during information-gathering and when rolling out new software onto users' computers. I exercised full responsibility and accountability whilst enjoying great teamwork and cohesion. The people and workplace as an organisation was ideal for my day to day work. Turning up to work daily was a joy!

Pros

Flexible work start and finish time, and the overall hours of work.

Cons

The project wrapping up and having no more work to keep me employed there.

railcar driver

every day is different as is every shift you are always vigilant/alert for any kind of misshap that can occur at any time.the management is supportive if there are any problems

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Public Transport Authority?

Toxic Workplace

Workplace culture rewards the most ruthless: those willing arrest or infringe as many offenders as possible and to betray their own workmates for promotions. Management cares for little but collecting money from infringements.

Pta

Working for the PTA was an pleasure. The staff were well trained and everyone seemed happy to be there. It was a shame that the job that enjoyed so much came to an end due to cutbacks

Great staff and colleagues and good working time shifts

Opening train station at 5 am in the mornings working through to 3 pm in the afternoons. Assisting passengers with ticketing issues on ticket vending machines, infringing passengers for non compliance of ticket and smart rider cards, security, observations and report writing. Working with the general public in a diversified cultural environment was extremely rewarding and was pleasantly challenged in a varied range of situations including security and providing first aid responses to passengers using the Public Transport Rail System. There were no real hard parts of this position, however, at times conflict resolution with passengers on either illicit drugs or severely intoxicated was sometimes most challenging to find an amicable or positive outcome..

Pros

Customer service environment working with the general public

Cons

Not having the support from management relating to safety issues on the rail network.

Better paid than a constable, with a third the responsibility

Because the Transit Officer, like a lot of public servants, have their shift penalties and overtime paid on a pro-rata base, rather than a flat rate like Police Officers and Police Auxiliary Officers, a Transit Officer will earn about as much as a standard Constable, up to maybe third or fourth year. The Public Transport Authority can be soft in regards to judicial process, withdrawing infringements without consultation with the issuing officer. Management is the same as with any other job; there will be those that will throw you under the bus to climb the ladder. There are also those that will support you.

Pros

Good money for little work

Cons

Lack of respect, viewing you as "wannabe cops."

Fluctuating roster

A steady job and good if you like working outside. Some ongoing training if you have no overhead line knowledge and want to enter the field. You must be spacially aware when operating on track plant with overhead obstacles.

Pros

Free tea

Cons

No free lunches

good work place to interact with members of public

at the start of the shift you collect all the relevant documents and proceed according to your run sheet.you always work in pairs and deal with circumstances as a team.the hardest part of the job is to deal with aggressive members of public influenced by drug use.the most enjoyable part of the job is that you work at different areas and deal with people from different backgrounds.

Pros

good pay

Cons

shift timings

Good work Collegues

People at my workplace great to work with,but management staff to busy with the ideas of climbing the ladder instead of making the workplace a better place

Pros

Good Work Mates

Cons

Bad Managers, Armstrong Furmedge, Kitis and Sviric

Fun, Focused, Innovative, Encouraging

As a graduate engineer, i was exposed to complex problems faced by the troubleshooting engineers on an ordinary day. backed up training exposure, creating novel innovation as part of the solution for existing problems and loads of team building activities are just some of the examples

Pros

Free travel (Public transport)

Cons

Location- Kewdale

Enjoyable job in a professional organisation

The PTA is a proactive company that provides good conditions to its employees and my co workers and I work hard to meet the company targets in passenger transport.

School Bus Service working with children

Everyday was the same routine, we pick up children from home and drop off at schools, we make sure children are sitted correctly on the bus, make sure they are safe, we use to play verbal games on the bus which the children truly enjoyed them, I am a friendly and professional person therefore I sincerely enjoyed working with the children on the bus as well as the parents of the children and the teaches of the children we were all like one big family, the only hard part in the job was in the afternoon when we drop off children if there was nobody home (it happen few times) we ring up few numbers until we find parent/guardian to collect the children, overall we had lots of fun working with the children.

Pros

Every Friday we gave the children a treat after school

Cons

We worked standard hours

Long hours, little challenge, beaurocratic and over managed, repetitive, poor roster system low morale

Not what I expected, high staff turn over due to duties and work conditions.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor rosters, no challenge, repetitive duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Transport Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Public Transport Authority