Public Transport Authority Employee Reviews

A productive and satisfactory workplace
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Perth WA8 November 2018
I supported clients (users) face to face during information-gathering and when rolling out new software onto users' computers. I exercised full responsibility and accountability whilst enjoying great teamwork and cohesion. The people and workplace as an organisation was ideal for my day to day work. Turning up to work daily was a joy!
Pros
Flexible work start and finish time, and the overall hours of work.
Cons
The project wrapping up and having no more work to keep me employed there.
railcar driver
Railcar Operator (Former Employee) –  Claisebrook WA25 May 2018
every day is different as is every shift you are always vigilant/alert for any kind of misshap that can occur at any time.the management is supportive if there are any problems
Toxic Workplace
Revenue Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 February 2018
Workplace culture rewards the most ruthless: those willing arrest or infringe as many offenders as possible and to betray their own workmates for promotions. Management cares for little but collecting money from infringements.
Pta
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA24 October 2017
Working for the PTA was an pleasure. The staff were well trained and everyone seemed happy to be there. It was a shame that the job that enjoyed so much came to an end due to cutbacks
Fluctuating roster
Senior Linesman (Current Employee) –  Perth WA8 August 2017
A steady job and good if you like working outside. Some ongoing training if you have no overhead line knowledge and want to enter the field. You must be spacially aware when operating on track plant with overhead obstacles.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No free lunches
good work place to interact with members of public
Customer Service Interaction (Current Employee) –  Perth WA21 April 2017
at the start of the shift you collect all the relevant documents and proceed according to your run sheet.you always work in pairs and deal with circumstances as a team.the hardest part of the job is to deal with aggressive members of public influenced by drug use.the most enjoyable part of the job is that you work at different areas and deal with people from different backgrounds.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift timings
Good work Collegues
CMR Operator (Former Employee) –  East Perth WA24 November 2015
People at my workplace great to work with,but management staff to busy with the ideas of climbing the ladder instead of making the workplace a better place
Pros
Good Work Mates
Cons
Bad Managers, Armstrong Furmedge, Kitis and Sviric
Fun, Focused, Innovative, Encouraging
Assistant Electrical Engineer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Kewdale WA16 November 2015
As a graduate engineer, i was exposed to complex problems faced by the troubleshooting engineers on an ordinary day.

backed up training exposure, creating novel innovation as part of the solution for existing problems and loads of team building activities are just some of the examples
Pros
Free travel (Public transport)
Cons
Location- Kewdale
School Bus Service working with children
School Bus Service (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA22 October 2014
Everyday was the same routine, we pick up children from home and drop off at schools, we make sure children are sitted correctly on the bus, make sure they are safe, we use to play verbal games on the bus which the children truly enjoyed them, I am a friendly and professional person therefore I sincerely enjoyed working with the children on the bus as well as the parents of the children and the teaches of the children we were all like one big family, the only hard part in the job was in the afternoon when we drop off children if there was nobody home (it happen few times) we ring up few numbers until we find parent/guardian to collect the children, overall we had lots of fun working with the children.
Pros
Every Friday we gave the children a treat after school
Cons
We worked standard hours
Long hours, little challenge, beaurocratic and over managed, repetitive, poor roster system low morale
Transit Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth W.A.15 June 2014
Not what I expected, high staff turn over due to duties and work conditions.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor rosters, no challenge, repetitive duties.
Contract Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA15 October 2013
I never had a bad day at this organisation. Great manager and great co-workers
I really enjoyed working with other staff, making solid freindships, team work and some of the managers are great
Passenger Ticketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joondalup Line Perth WA27 June 2012
4.45am to 5am start. Opening up stations, station check, log on radio procedures with base. Check operations of stations and contact TVM control. Monitor and control passenger movement and safety especially during peak times of travels. Issues of infringements of criminals and passengers breaking the law, not buying tickets etc. checking first aid kits are fully operational at all times on stations and fire safety procedures, OSH procedures and hazards. Customer Service, helping passengers with the right timetables, catching the right train or bus to their destination required. Helping passengers purchase the right tickets and also smart rider issues, the control of fare gate booths, train riding, detaining criminals, access to a passenger check through the Police mainframe, monitoring CCTV of passenger movement or criminal activity.
I learned that we are all human, everyone makes mistakes, this position made me a stronger person as I have experienced some of the worst situations ever to be involved in and dealt with serious offenders. I have also had the pleasure of working with some great managers as the job can be demanding and if you dont watch your own step and personal interpretations towards others, you can find yourself in trouble or seriously injured.
I have worked with many co workers in my 6 years of employment in this position and have made many solid friendships and had the pleasure of being in strong team environments.
The hardest part of the job is getting up at 3.30am-4.00 am to get ready for a 10 hour day ahead of you. Another important aspect of this job that
  more... you have to learn to control is how to deal with passengers in customer service related issues or when dealing with an offender during an arrest or issues infringements or being called to assist in an emergency situation like suicides or accidents and conflicts happening on stations or trains. Learning how be diplomatic with your body language and speech is one of the most important roles in this position. It will keep yourself safe from harm.
Helping passengers find their way around in a professional and proactive manner and I also enjoyed talking with regular passengers including handicapped passengers who regularly took public transport, once you start to get to know them, they are lovely people.
Pros
make good freinds with other staff and a solid team
Cons
too early in the morning starts, their hard on your body