Public Transport Victoria
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Public Transport Victoria Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
1. Inbound calls, strong ethics in customer service.
Work culture is pretty easy going.

Management is very helpful.

Overall work experience is beautiful.
Inexperience management with bad communications and no skills, bad coworkers that does not like to collaborate, no direction and no certainty with future, very hard to work with this organisation, did I also mention they restructure every 6 months?
they believe 12hrs a weeks is enough to live off. You've been with the company for 5yrs miss out on 3 promotions is a joke & train the brand new staff
Excellent life/work balance policies. Middle Mangement needs to lift their game a bit. People working there are mostly friendly. Skills upgrades and further learnings are available to staff
I have worked at PTV for a short period but within that time I have come to the realisation that majority of PTV's call centre process' could be simplified in order to make their agents job less stressful as well as it would benefit the customer.
There is a massive lack of communication in the office in oder for improvement. I have tried to express this to management yet they have just shut me down and told me its a Government funded campaign and that they don't care. I was shook when I was told this. It does not surprise me that there is such a large turn over.

Besides all the negative aspects, this job seems to be more suitable for strong minded people that can cop abuse from customers on the chin and can also be good for people whom are studying as they are quite flexible with hours.
Pros
Flexible with hours.
Cons
Everything else.
The Project Manager was never recrutied and I was left to work within the Business support team (stationary, Ofice changes and moves & fleet management) which did not take any of my suggestions or expertice into condsideration.
I tried to escelate my concerns to senior management who were too busy to meet with me and allow me to state my concenrns for the Project I was employed to complete.
Calls with issues. Learned that not all Victorians know how to use their myki cards. It is hard to explain to angry customers who are fined. Most enjoyable part of the job is to resolve customer queries.
Pros
Friendly Environment and management support
Cons
Due to shift work less time to socialise with co-workers
Early hours to get working. Good team to work with, lack of tools to work with, could improve on the project management. Mostly improvise on what needed to be done. Occasionally work and rework.
A typical day at work started at 07:30 and finished at 15.45.

My days were full on starting with team meetings, which all 20 project leaders had to attend. I learned a lot about what each team was doing.

Management started from Director of Transport down to Project Manager. The Director of Transport always had time or made a time to be available for signing of necessary documents and a laugh.

My co-workers were a bunch of friendly people who would always help someone who needed it.

The hardest part of my day was nothing really as I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when everything ran smoothly. Also I enjoyed training people to use a computer package that they didn't know.
Pros
great bunch of people to work with and a great social club.
Cons
waiting 30 minutes for a train home if I missed the one I wanted to catch.
Got some good stories, and great expierience to take myself further into the world. Government work is easily an area i would return to in the future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Public Transport Victoria?
Great experience working abroad for a government public sector.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Transport Victoria. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7