Public Transport Victoria
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Public Transport Victoria Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

1. Inbound calls, strong ethics in customer service. Work culture is pretty easy going. Management is very helpful. Overall work experience is beautiful.
Inexperience management with bad communications and no skills, bad coworkers that does not like to collaborate, no direction and no certainty with future, very hard to work with this organisation, did I also mention they restructure every 6 months?
they believe 12hrs a weeks is enough to live off. You've been with the company for 5yrs miss out on 3 promotions is a joke & train the brand new staff
I have worked at PTV for a short period but within that time I have come to the realisation that majority of PTV's call centre process' could be simplified in order to make their agents job less stressful as well as it would benefit the customer. There is a massive lack of communication in the office in oder for improvement. I have tried to express this to management yet they have just shut me down and told me its a Government funded campaign and that they don't care. I was shook when I was told this. It does not surprise me that there is such a large turn over. Besides all the negative aspects, this job seems to be more suitable for strong minded people that can cop abuse from customers on the chin and can also be good for people whom are studying as they are quite flexible with hours.
Pros
Flexible with hours.
Cons
Everything else.
The Project Manager was never recrutied and I was left to work within the Business support team (stationary, Ofice changes and moves & fleet management) which did not take any of my suggestions or expertice into condsideration. I tried to escelate my concerns to senior management who were too busy to meet with me and allow me to state my concenrns for the Project I was employed to complete.
Got some good stories, and great expierience to take myself further into the world. Government work is easily an area i would return to in the future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Public Transport Victoria?