Puma Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Puma Energy Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Sometimes it becomes stressful. If the team is good, it is a good place to work otherwise it becomes a stressful environment. Pay is good. The management has loopholes.
I have been working this place since 2016 and I started my career as a Customer Service Representative. After 1 year, I started working as technical support team.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Not much salary
Staff were very competitive and difficult to work with, back stabbing
Bosses were great

Hours were all over the place made it difficult to work anywhere ekse
The puma store i worked at was badly managed.
Management was not following there rolls, rolls were assigned to others under qualified and know additional befits were given for undertaking management rolls.

The manager only got the job as she was friends owners and still was under qualified for position.
Working at Puma is a job for anyone fresh out of school or anyone who loves to be round people. Manger is great and takes into consideration your personal obligations
The company is a multi National and its staff retention could be better. The work is enjoyable and can be rewarding, the company expects a lot of loyalty
I really enjoyed working with Puma. That was an excellent experience. They take the safety very seriously. Working as a casual had great pay rates. Overall I really enjoyed working there.
Fast-paced working environment, need to be able to adapt quickly and be able to get tasks done whilst serving customers. Customer always comes first. The company's employee relationships are highly built on trust and hard work.
Working for Puma Energy was one of the best experiences you could ask for with a job. Management is understanding and caring of all their workers. Salary is above fair for the work required. Never a dull moment and always felt like apart of the team! You will not regret working for this company. Especially the Bundamba Citiswich station!
Puma Energy was a productive workplace and one that taught me many things about retail and customer service. I worked with some lovely people that made me feel comfortable in my place of work.
Not a good work place to be in, most staff don't do anything at all, manager was not good, verbally abusive to staff even in front of customers, no team work at all, constant complaints to HR but nothing done about staff not doing their jobs + bad manager who is not good at her job.
I worked at puma for over almost 2 years. I enjoyed the team and management and I was sad to leave them.
Management was always ready to listen to what us CSAs had to say.
Worked as a cook wow it’s an eye opener,
Lots of gossip , drama and child like minds.

No leadership, when morning shift gets behind it puts whole day or days out.

Expects too much in little hours but no overtime so work for free to get done.

No breaks other than while working and you waste your whole lunch as customers come first even on 9 hour shift.

Staff not valued
Pros
None I can see
Cons
A typical day at work would be serving customers, checking and rotating stock, and cleaning.
I learnt how to deal with money correctly, how to handle unhappy customers and overall what it is like to work in a team environment.The management was poor sometimes. I was a casual and I would have my manager texting me at 10pm, asking me to come in the next day. Overall, the staff were lovely and great to work with. Definitely a good first job.
In working at Puma Energy i was pushed out and workers started rumors about me in order to try and get me fired. I loved the pay and the hours but the workers were the last straw as to me leaving.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Negative child-like workers
I worked on the logistics side with a small team, and they were the best people I have worked with. I did not want to leave. The people made the job great! The higher management in head office I personally found good to deal with, but did see others struggle with them at times. Would go back in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Communication break down at times between managments
I pretty much just cooked and cleaned of an overnight shift, and they paid me well to do it, was a good job. The boss man was pretty fair, and it didn't take too long to filter out the bad eggs.
Good when things run smoothly - bad when things go wrong - filters through to all shifts. not enough hours to complete all tasks....unrealistic expectations from Management..
Pros
working in the kitchen
Cons
stress related work with minimal rest breaks
the other people that work there are too much into getting to other peoples business for no reason and got people into trouble for others did not do!.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short hours
Everyday we get to meet lot of diverse customers from diverse backgrounds; thereby helps improve communication and hospitality skills. I has an employee have to manage the entire store.
work by yourself
no breaks

hardest part of the job is working alone running a kitchen and the shop and the fuel as well

enjoy talking to customers
Pros
good pay
Cons
no breaks long hours