PwC Employee Reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 6,652 reviews
práce na vysoké úrovni
Korporátní číšník, barista (Former Employee) –  New South Wales19 February 2019
Zde jsem se naučil spoustu nových věcí. Bylo tam skvělé vedení
Challenging
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 January 2019
PwC is in general a great place to work. The work can be interesting and rewarding even exciting sometimes. It is however not for everyone and not every business unit is created equal. Work life balance is terrible particularly in consulting but that is consulting in general. I believe that they are genuine about doing something about it but is the industry. They are generally pretty good at letting you work around life's necessities.

As a resource for different projects those you work with up and down the chain can be difficult to work with.

If you have kids it can be difficult with the travel and long hours.

As a graduate it is a career golden ticket as an experienced hire the conservative culture can be difficult.
Pros
Great industry exposure
Cons
Long hours, travel, conservative, some difficult personalities
Great brand
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT8 November 2018
+ Great brand name / prestige
+ Great facilities and office location
+ Opportunity to work with well-known clients

- Short term thinking drives all that management does
Excellent learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington6 November 2018
Excellent learning & development opportunities, great variety of client and exposure to projects. Trying to improve work/life balance but have a ways to go in practice before that is widely adopted. Great team - young, fresh, wanting to learn and grow and very hard working.
Lack of leadership
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD2 November 2018
Useless senior management who relied on professionalism of lower management to carry on business. Too much office politics with partner meetings lasting hours and hours with very little positive output
Auditrice
Auditrice (Former Employee) –  Melbourne6 October 2018
Forte d'une expérience de 4 mois au sein de PwC Melbourne, je suis intervenue sur plusieurs cycles (fournisseurs, immobilisations, trésorerie, capitaux propres, clients, personnel et fiscalité) sur trois engagements.
J'ai également aidé à la préparation des rapports.
Disinterested management
Records Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 September 2018
I did not enjoy working at PWC as it had a non collaborative environment and poor quality managers with little people skills.

The staff overall were over worked and underappreciated.
Outstanding place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 July 2018
Pros - Incredible building. Amazing CEO who leads well from the top down. Innovative place to work. Fantastic and friendly culture. Amazing flexible working opportunities.

Cons - It depends on who you report directly to as to whether you have a good experience or not. There are some managers who really shouldn’t be leading people, but I think you get that anywhere you go.
Pros
Global and innovative
Cons
Manager and coach are usually the same person, which can be conflicting
Fast and mean
Senior Manager, Assurance - PwC Australia (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 July 2018
Great place to skill up fast. Gain extensive client experience quickly while managing multiple projects simultaneous under tight deadlines. Great opportunities to step up and deliver or delegate and hope for the best!
Pros
Great paternity leave for dads
Cons
Must continue to strive for partnership or you are finished
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 April 2018
Rated Australia's number 1 company to work for. Good work life balance. Opportunity to relocate internationally and work with very senior stakeholders.
Career dream becomes Wellbeing Nightmare
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 March 2018
PwC has a lot of serious issues in culture and bullying. They hide themselves behind the brand, however it is a game of getting dirt on whoever they can to stop any promotions on talented people.

The organisation is rife with a british mafia syndicate in the leadership and they are very cunning and manipulative, but will ruthlessly disregard anyone at any opportunity.

They leverage extreme political correctness, so it is expected you will be a robot, who can spruke extreme progressive views, but will turn them onto you at any given opportunity.

There is reason why they advertise all the time for jobs, (due to burning out anyone with drive and initiative). This place is not one if you want to maintain your self worth, dignity and respect.
Pros
Brand on your CV
Cons
Backstabbing, Manipulation and Lies
They will suck you dry
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 February 2018
You are just a number at Pwc. They claim work life balance but it’s a lie. It’s a dog eat dog mentality and people get by on who is in with who. They chew people up and spit them out.
Poor Management Culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2018
Management teams are made up of Partners that are employed purely based on referrrals and lack the required business knowledge and skills to successfully manage team. High levels of arrogance constantly undermine the more junior consultants.
Accounting firm
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 January 2018
I worked at PWC as a Phone Operator Part time.
The workplace environment was good, People working at PWC were nice.
It helps to have someone you know working at PWC to put a good word in for you.
Fun and engaging working environment with intellectual and ambitious colleagues
Summer Internship at PwC (Former Employee) –  Darling Harbour NSW13 December 2017
PwC has an extremely unique workplace culture where I found myself fitted in very well. I enjoyed working as a part of the Real Estate team where I felt supported and pushed to my best. I can't think of a 'typical day at work' because of how much things can change with client demands, which made it exciting and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Exciting community
Cons
unpredictable hours and workload
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 October 2017
Good for starters, gives you a good grounding in finance, opens up the doors to industry and commerce. Fully supports CPA and CA studies and mentorship provided
A caring environment that solve important problems
China desk (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 July 2017
A caring environment that solve important problems
Working in PwC is a pleasure as well as challenging. For my role, there are many opportunities to have a taste of different industries.
three months contract
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 May 2017
PwC provides you a vast experience at many different clients. I did 7 clients in three months and performed audit procedures on almost components of Balance sheet and Income statement. It provided me a platform to learn and sharpen my skills in performing audit.
Great culture - Worked very hard with lots of social interaction. Dream job!
Executive Assistant to Senior Partners (Former Employee) –  Chatswood and Sydney24 April 2017
My role as Executive Assistant to three senior partners for the eleven years I was employed was the role of a lifetime and I was extremely fortunate and blessed. A typical day was to prioritise diary management and the required work load for the day and week ahead. Client interaction was very important in my role and I was lucky to have built up a great trust with our clients and as a link to the Partners I worked for. The hardest part of the job was some very long hours and extremely tight deadlines at very short notice. The most enjoyable part of my job was being involved in a great team, the many varied social events the Company was most gracious in putting on and long standing friendships that I made.
Pros
Free duty free perfume from my Partners for 11 years
Cons
None really just tight deadlines and long hours when required
Great company to work for
Pursuit Program (Business Development) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 April 2017
Very large firm but get to work with the best in the field.

Invests a lot in junior staff and senior staff. Nothing for inbetween.

Work with a great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K