PwC Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 April 2018
Rated Australia's number 1 company to work for. Good work life balance. Opportunity to relocate internationally and work with very senior stakeholders.
Career dream becomes Wellbeing Nightmare
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 March 2018
PwC has a lot of serious issues in culture and bullying. They hide themselves behind the brand, however it is a game of getting dirt on whoever they can to stop any promotions on talented people.

The organisation is rife with a british mafia syndicate in the leadership and they are very cunning and manipulative, but will ruthlessly disregard anyone at any opportunity.

They leverage extreme political correctness, so it is expected you will be a robot, who can spruke extreme progressive views, but will turn them onto you at any given opportunity.

There is reason why they advertise all the time for jobs, (due to burning out anyone with drive and initiative). This place is not one if you want to maintain your self worth, dignity and respect.
Pros
Brand on your CV
Cons
Backstabbing, Manipulation and Lies
They will suck you dry
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 February 2018
You are just a number at Pwc. They claim work life balance but it’s a lie. It’s a dog eat dog mentality and people get by on who is in with who. They chew people up and spit them out.
Poor Management Culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2018
Management teams are made up of Partners that are employed purely based on referrrals and lack the required business knowledge and skills to successfully manage team. High levels of arrogance constantly undermine the more junior consultants.
Accounting firm
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 January 2018
I worked at PWC as a Phone Operator Part time.
The workplace environment was good, People working at PWC were nice.
It helps to have someone you know working at PWC to put a good word in for you.
Interactive workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Sindh26 December 2017
I had a chance to work with PwC, and my experience was beyond my expectations. It was a well interactive workplace where all the employees communicated well with each other and helped me out when needed. I learned how the manage my time very well and I definitely learned that how i can mange myself under pressure, as many people may find it difficult, but i found it challenging and i completed all my tasks on time despite of how short it was. My manager was so co-operative and she made sure that i was learning as well as working.
Pros
Multi-National Company
Cons
Pays less
Fun and engaging working environment with intellectual and ambitious colleagues
Summer Internship at PwC (Former Employee) –  Darling Harbour NSW13 December 2017
PwC has an extremely unique workplace culture where I found myself fitted in very well. I enjoyed working as a part of the Real Estate team where I felt supported and pushed to my best. I can't think of a 'typical day at work' because of how much things can change with client demands, which made it exciting and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Exciting community
Cons
unpredictable hours and workload
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 October 2017
Good for starters, gives you a good grounding in finance, opens up the doors to industry and commerce. Fully supports CPA and CA studies and mentorship provided
A caring environment that solve important problems
China desk (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 July 2017
A caring environment that solve important problems
Working in PwC is a pleasure as well as challenging. For my role, there are many opportunities to have a taste of different industries.
three months contract
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 May 2017
PwC provides you a vast experience at many different clients. I did 7 clients in three months and performed audit procedures on almost components of Balance sheet and Income statement. It provided me a platform to learn and sharpen my skills in performing audit.
Great culture - Worked very hard with lots of social interaction. Dream job!
Executive Assistant to Senior Partners (Former Employee) –  Chatswood and Sydney24 April 2017
My role as Executive Assistant to three senior partners for the eleven years I was employed was the role of a lifetime and I was extremely fortunate and blessed. A typical day was to prioritise diary management and the required work load for the day and week ahead. Client interaction was very important in my role and I was lucky to have built up a great trust with our clients and as a link to the Partners I worked for. The hardest part of the job was some very long hours and extremely tight deadlines at very short notice. The most enjoyable part of my job was being involved in a great team, the many varied social events the Company was most gracious in putting on and long standing friendships that I made.
Pros
Free duty free perfume from my Partners for 11 years
Cons
None really just tight deadlines and long hours when required
Great company to work for
Pursuit Program (Business Development) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 April 2017
Very large firm but get to work with the best in the field.

Invests a lot in junior staff and senior staff. Nothing for inbetween.

Work with a great team.
Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canberra7 February 2017
PwC is a nice company to work for. It has a great job culture and helps you to learn and grow. They encourage you to grow and direct your career.
Great Company to Intern at
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 January 2017
Had a great experience interning at PwC Australia. The people were very friendly and I had the opportunity to work on variety of projects. It was a good way to see the inside of a large company.
Worst place to work
Associate Director of Services (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 January 2017
Cant wait to leave this place management is the worst I have ever been involved in.

The place is perfect if your a friend of the management and they only act out the workplace wellbeing to keep records clean
A lot of Learning
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 December 2016
- Work pressure
- Smart people to be around with
- flexible timing and work life balance
- slow progression
- forward looking company
- diversity and inclusiveness
A fun place to work in
Senior Accountant & Auditor (Current Employee) –  Port Moresby30 November 2016
8 or more hours of work in a typical day at work
I have learned to be committed in my work
The mangement is always about meeting the budget and gets to pass the preasure down
My co-workers have fun a lot to release stress
Hardest part of the job is to work overnight and make it early the next morning
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting bonus at end of year
Pros
Fee lunch and Transport
Cons
Long working hours
hostile, rude staff
Financial Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 November 2016
rude staff, manager unapproacable and never there or always unavailable
no work. life balance,
they make promises and then don't keep them,
no training
Cons
long hours, inflexible, unreasonable
workplace and daily job
Intern (Former Employee) –  深圳市3 July 2016
recording and checking the bank statement and other relevant data, preparing basic paper, communicating with customers, learned new knowledge from Buddy and Career coach.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner with living while working outsides.
Cons
Long working time, heavy pressure.
Fear-based, highly politicised culture from the top down
Director, Risk & Quality (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 May 2016
The firm's management behaviours vary widely from its stated values.
A typical day at work involved continual interruptions making it impossible to execute on agreed plans.
Management is chaotic. Everyone is pushing their own barrow and trying to earn "brownie points" with the CEO. Disruption comes primarily from within the firm's IT areas.
Outsourcing has become a sacred mantra regardless of the lack of quality and increased costs that it brings. Staff call these things out at their own peril, despite the firm proclaiming one of its values to be "Openness and Authenticity".
Most partners are miserable but take solace from the huge money they earn.
My co-workers were very hard-working but were exploited by working very long hours of unpaid overtime and having more and more responsibilities piled upon them.
The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle too many disparate roles and projects with insufficient resources
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to support the practice with excellent client service, particularly the lawyers within the firm.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Long hours, blurring of the lines between work-life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K