Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW25 reviews
I learnt a lot working there. They are a very friendly company that encourage you to ask lots of questions and you have so many resources in place to ensure you are always learning.
Pros:
Quick advancement

Positive attitude

Great team attitude

Challenging yourself all the time

Cons:

Can expect a lot at times, which may result in being overworked.
The largest auditing and accounting firm in the world. It was many employees. Not a small company. People with talent work here. Not sure if I can arrange job here.
Wonderful learning experience coupled with excellent opportunity to utilize my skillet and experience in collectively delivering high impact work across different set of stakeholders.
First day finished at 3am from then on for four weeks drove none stop for 10,000km a week! Insane , whilst each department is different and there are excellent oportunities and exposure there are definitely some challenges to the work life culture.
The tasks are easy to do when you ask questions and are good with excel. However, you hardly get many shifts as a casual worker. Management keeps hiring more and more casuals (maybe to prove a point). Also, managers are very unorganised, even from the very beginning. For example, you give them your TFN and then 3 months later they ask for it again like they have lost it.
Pros
Easy going; Supportive team;
Cons
Long days; unstable source of income; very unorganised company
Good place to start off after university. Very fast pace environment and high expectations where you would learn alot on the job. There are challenges with retention as work life balance is not the best.
I did not enjoy working at PWC as it had a non collaborative environment and poor quality managers with little people skills.

The staff overall were over worked and underappreciated.
Pros - Incredible building. Amazing CEO who leads well from the top down. Innovative place to work. Fantastic and friendly culture. Amazing flexible working opportunities.

Cons - It depends on who you report directly to as to whether you have a good experience or not. There are some managers who really shouldn’t be leading people, but I think you get that anywhere you go.
Pros
Global and innovative
Cons
Manager and coach are usually the same person, which can be conflicting
Rated Australia's number 1 company to work for. Good work life balance. Opportunity to relocate internationally and work with very senior stakeholders.
PwC has a lot of serious issues in culture and bullying. They hide themselves behind the brand, however it is a game of getting dirt on whoever they can to stop any promotions on talented people.

The organisation is rife with a british mafia syndicate in the leadership and they are very cunning and manipulative, but will ruthlessly disregard anyone at any opportunity.

They leverage extreme political correctness, so it is expected you will be a robot, who can spruke extreme progressive views, but will turn them onto you at any given opportunity.

There is reason why they advertise all the time for jobs, (due to burning out anyone with drive and initiative). This place is not one if you want to maintain your self worth, dignity and respect.
Pros
Brand on your CV
Cons
Backstabbing, Manipulation and Lies
I worked at PWC as a Phone Operator Part time.
The workplace environment was good, People working at PWC were nice.

It helps to have someone you know working at PWC to put a good word in for you.
A caring environment that solve important problems
Working in PwC is a pleasure as well as challenging. For my role, there are many opportunities to have a taste of different industries.
PwC provides you a vast experience at many different clients. I did 7 clients in three months and performed audit procedures on almost components of Balance sheet and Income statement. It provided me a platform to learn and sharpen my skills in performing audit.
My role as Executive Assistant to three senior partners for the eleven years I was employed was the role of a lifetime and I was extremely fortunate and blessed. A typical day was to prioritise diary management and the required work load for the day and week ahead. Client interaction was very important in my role and I was lucky to have built up a great trust with our clients and as a link to the Partners I worked for. The hardest part of the job was some very long hours and extremely tight deadlines at very short notice. The most enjoyable part of my job was being involved in a great team, the many varied social events the Company was most gracious in putting on and long standing friendships that I made.
Pros
Free duty free perfume from my Partners for 11 years
Cons
None really just tight deadlines and long hours when required
Very large firm but get to work with the best in the field.

Invests a lot in junior staff and senior staff. Nothing for inbetween.

Work with a great team.
Had a great experience interning at PwC Australia. The people were very friendly and I had the opportunity to work on variety of projects. It was a good way to see the inside of a large company.
Cant wait to leave this place management is the worst I have ever been involved in.

The place is perfect if your a friend of the management and they only act out the workplace wellbeing to keep records clean
- Work pressure
- Smart people to be around with

- flexible timing and work life balance

- slow progression

- forward looking company

- diversity and inclusiveness
rude staff, manager unapproacable and never there or always unavailable
no work. life balance,

they make promises and then don't keep them,

no training
Cons
long hours, inflexible, unreasonable
The firm's management behaviours vary widely from its stated values.
A typical day at work involved continual interruptions making it impossible to execute on agreed plans.

Management is chaotic. Everyone is pushing their own barrow and trying to earn "brownie points" with the CEO. Disruption comes primarily from within the firm's IT areas.

Outsourcing has become a sacred mantra regardless of the lack of quality and increased costs that it brings. Staff call these things out at their own peril, despite the firm proclaiming one of its values to be "Openness and Authenticity".

Most partners are miserable but take solace from the huge money they earn.

My co-workers were very hard-working but were exploited by working very long hours of unpaid overtime and having more and more responsibilities piled upon them.

The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle too many disparate roles and projects with insufficient resources

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to support the practice with excellent client service, particularly the lawyers within the firm.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Long hours, blurring of the lines between work-life balance.