Qantas Employee Reviews

Good if you're looking to mostly work on your free days
Baggage Handler Casual (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 July 2018
the hardest part of the job is the shift work it can mess up your sleeping pattern, management is very polite and understanding, very cruisy and easy job if you don't have other commitments such as uni, or anything that requires a lot of your spare time
Pros
Good people, good benefits, easy job
Cons
early hours, shift work, hard to balance with something such as uni
A Great Employer
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 July 2018
I am very pro Qantas and always enjoyed working for them, during my periods of employment I worked from the ground up and I am familiar with all aircraft types
Cons
I am accustomed to long hours
Fantastic Culture and Amazing Senior leadership Team
Executive Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney15 July 2018
Excellent Career opportunities
Supportive Leadership Team
Flexible Working hours
Empowered culture
Support for further education
Wonderful networking opportunities
very fun place to work, great people
Fleet Presentation (Former Employee) –  Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport NSW9 July 2018
a fast pace environment.

learnt how a team of 11/12 can work hand in hand and knows exactly what their role is.

fun relaxed yet hardworking culture.

hardest part was setting alarm for 0300 hrs as earliest shift was 0430 hrs.

most enjoyable part of the job was the team I worked with, fun , loud but totally got the job done and of course the amazing flight benefits.
Good work place
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 July 2018
Friendly Staff, many resources available to work. They offer a world class training, and work places have strict health and safety rules, gives more opportunities to improve the career
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Good Hours
Great Benefits, poor culture and management
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD13 June 2018
Working for Qantas, you get great staff benefits with discounted flights, industry discounts and interesting training. However, management don't treat their staff well. They often manipulate younger staff into high stress and fatigue levels, make promises of work-life balance and then change their mind and force staff back into unsafe levels of work. Would recommend going with other airlines to really get a good idea of what being a flight attendant is like.
Productive and interesting
Ground operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 June 2018
There was always something new or interesting happening. Diverse work place. In the reservation centre, did general reservations, Holiday Travel Reservations. At Airport did Customer Check in, Ticketing (domestic and International) Ramp duties ( meeting aircraft on arrival, opening doors arranging wheelchairs etc) and International Load Control (weight and balance mathematically of the aircraft to make sure aircraft not overnight for take off , landing etc, baggage/cargo placed so aircraft balanced for flight, flap settings worked out for pilots to set to ensure aircraft took off correctly with particular load onboard.) Also looked after visiting military and vIP aircraft.
Pros
Discount air fares, diverse job, a lot of the work outside. Overtime always offered
Cons
Not good for family life.
Great place to get a lot of different job exposure
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine based4 June 2018
Qantas is a fantastic place to work at ..
I left because of family reasons ... would like to go back there if it was not so far from where i reside..
Pros
Educational
Cons
very commited
Avionics Technitian
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 May 2018
The camaraderie that existed and feeling off belonging. The work was always satisfying.
The challenges
There was too much red tape, too many new initiatives that wasted resources and then trying to compete with overseas markets on cost making the department competitive.
Best place I've worked
IT (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 May 2018
Great in so many ways, such an interesting place to work with great people and benefits. Only draw back is the almost constant restructures which are often not well managed.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Restructures
overal goos place to work
Airline Services Orderly (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 May 2018
24/7 roster, loading unloading aircraft with heavy freight, the ability to load and restrain heavy freight, push aircraft and use heavy machinery to load aircraft and supervise loading of aircraft ,management is very good and understanding, work culture can be difficult sometimes, hardest part of the jobs is the rotating shift rosters.
enjoyable is watching a fully loaded aircraft take off
Pros
i can earn good money putting in long hours
Cons
very low hourly rate, not very family friendly roster
Fun work place
Process Worker / Pick packer (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW5 April 2018
Fun environment and also get the jobs done , people are very friendly.

The company has loved upto their name . They also treat their workers as their own
Pros
Free bfast n lunch n dinner
Great place to work. Life long friendships
Ground Crew - Supervisor/Leading Hand/Allocator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 April 2018
No two days are ever the same............ A great place to work!!! Met so many fantastic people. I learned alot about myself and the different situations I encountered.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Shift work
Great team based work environment
Airside Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD4 April 2018
Qantas was a great place to work with when i first joined. A typical day would be using RF scanners to scan bags into various flights, and you would get assigned a belt to work on that have numerous flights going through each everyday. There is also Arrivals which is unloading of bags onto belts that lead out to the Arrivals Hall for passengers to claim their luggage. We also drive Tow Tractors to take out barrows and cans of bags out to the plane.

Hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness, but with the friendships you make it becomes an afterthought.

When i first started it was spouted as a 'land of opportunity' yet as the years went on it was clear after many attempts to progress that it wasn't the case.

The one thing that's kept me there so long is the job security. They are very lenient and sympathetic towards the workers when leave is needed or tardiness etc.

As good as Qantas has been to me, it's time for a change.
Pros
great team, job security, staff travel
Cons
No progression
A fun place to work with all meals provided
Payroll Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD21 March 2018
Qantas Flight Catering is a busy work environment with a very good culture. A good Management structure is in place and some roles provide a career path.
Pros
Free meals and great people to work with
Cons
Airport traffic to and from work.
Not a good one Qantas Credit Union
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia13 March 2018
This review is about Qantas Credit Union but not Qantas. Not a good place to be. If you are a family person with need to take care of some one, then this is not so good.
Very Enjoyable and Fun workplace
Floor Layouts, Meetings, Any Jobs Asked By Manager (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW11 March 2018
Within other work place in which I have been located none will give me the experience of this. Being apart meetings and having to take notes gave me and idea of a grown professional job. Planning and organising events gave me a sense of creativity. Very fun, flexible work place in which plenty of new experience was gained.
Pros
working
Cons
long travel
Highlight of my career
Executive Assistant/Personnel Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 March 2018
I loved my job at Qantas.

Showing my age here, until a year before I resigned the office staff didn't have computers. Everything was done on paper.

My position was as a Executive Assistant, I started in the Engineering department and finished in the Human Resources department.

Uniforms were provided which I might add were lovely. At the time I can remember feeling very proud to wear the Qantas uniform and work with amazing people.

To be honest the hardest part of the job was resigning when I was due to have our son. To this day, I am incredibly proud that I got to work in this industry and meet some amazing people.
Pros
Pride in working for Qantas
Cons
Resigning
A dynamic and challenging workplace
Manager Load Control Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2018
- I was able to move up the ranks from Customer Service to a leadership position. There was the ability to move to other areas and departments, and work your way higher in the company.
- Working in an operational environment was challenging and dynamic, with no two days the same.
- There was extensive change the entire time I was with the company and at times this was unsettling.
- Continually changing management made it difficult to develop a good working relationship and sometime department goals were unclear and not fully developed.
- The team I work with were close and generally worked well together.
Excellent employer
Airline service operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 February 2018
Great company to work for. Safety is there big plus, and attitude.Work hard they will reward you. Workplace culture excellent, shift work can be an issue.Travel the best part of this job
benefits
Cons
shift work hours