Qantas Employee Reviews

Great Airline within a great Industry
SENIOR AIRLINE SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA16 January 2018
I loved my time with Australian Airlines then Qantas. Worked with great people some more challenging than others. As a supervisor had the opportunity to lead from the front to achieve excellent customer service and a reputation as the best ground handling airport in our network.
Many challenges everyday faced and met and overcome.
Times are changing and full time work within the airline industry is virtually non existent today which is a real shame because this was a great career.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift work life balance was testing but challenging
Cabin dressing & baggage ramp services
Cleaner/ ramp services (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport13 January 2018
High management does not see who is hard working & who is not. You are intimidated to join a union. The people keep to themselves work is work and family is family 90% there is no socializing after work. They do not give referees only a certificate of service meaning how many years you have work there making it difficult to attain work in same or other industries.shift work is hard on health.A culture of who you know for a promotion. Although, this was 12 years things may have improved.You find most staff are willing to convert from full time to any hours 1 or 2 rather taking redundancy eg ANSETT Airlines.
Pros
Cleaning continuus vomit & feaces.
Cons
No free immunizations for hepA, b, c, malaria or other overseas viruss etc
Not enough permanent work.
Corporate Receptionist, switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Mascot12 January 2018
I have an advantage because I can speak multiple languages. Also I have certificate in hospitality and tourism. I also have an excellent customer service.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Not enough permanent work.
Good Place to work
Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Sydney10 January 2018
Good place to work if you can handle the shift work.Staff culture is good. Management are big on safety. Lots of training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Shift Work
Poor
Manager Airport Servcies, South Australia (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA8 January 2018
Would not recommend working at qantas ,extremely poor culture . Managememnt only promoting because of diversity not talent . Unions still allowed to bully in the workplace. Management really weak.
Pros
Staff travel
Cons
Unions, Jobs for the boys
management is strict but thats a good thing..
Catering firm (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Australia6 January 2018
management is strict but that's a good thing..workers are well decipline and workplace is clean and safe..fun workplace with excellent salary and benefits.i learned many things specially because my workmates have different nationalities..there's white, black, kiwi, chinnese , indian people and many more and lots of them can't even speak straight english ..i meet many kinds of people good and bad and lots of racist also but as years go by i got used to it..and my favorite part during that time is when we were all singing while busy working..
Pros
free meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks..
Cons
early hours
Productive and useful workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW8 December 2017
Productive and useful workplace. You can improve customer service skills and handle situations under pressure.
Created an efficient cleaning routine.
Pros
Qantas free bus
Cons
No upgrade
A motivating and supportive team focused company
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2017
Every day was different and the people you meet would enhance your day. You worked as a team to fulfil the customer service promise and ensure the customer had a great end to end customer experience.
Pros
Working with different teams every day
Cons
Rosters
Life of Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 December 2017
A long day in the office for long haul flights.
Always work with a mixture of different crew members, so very social job especially when you land somewhere new.
Dissapointing
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 December 2017
I currently work as CABIN CREW and I'm so disappointed in QF.

The recruitment process was exceptionally such a long wait (1 whole year of being on hold) and I finally got into the job only to realise it was totally nothing like they say it's going to be.

Like I've said, there was so much constant heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and you're constantly on your feet, especially when you have the shorter flights and there's absolutely NO time for a break during your entire day at work. They make it out to be such a wonderful amazing job and honestly guys it is so far from that. When you fly so much you notice some changes in your body and it's so hard to cope with such a terribly low wage to compensate.

There's also a lot of a crazy emphasis put on seniority so there's lots of people who have been working there for decades and treat you like you are young and you know absolutely nothing in the world.

I don't recommend. Really had my hopes up for this job.
Pros
Crew meals
Cons
Long hours, low pay, high seniority, short rest, jet lag, fatigue, long recruitment process
Productive and fun place to work at
Cloud Transformation Program/Project consultant (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW28 November 2017
chat with my scrum masters on typical story points and how we can go faster
work on my financials and see where we can spend more to make our budget expectations
i learn about the Airline industry and how many depts exist that i didnt realise Qantas was into
Family Oriented
Customer Services Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport NSW7 November 2017
Everyday is different, you have good days and bad days. Bad Days are due to weather, plane delayed or aircraft under repair.
I enjoy every moment that i worked for Qantas , especially at Sydney International Terminal. The friendships that I have made with the staff members and management and the people that we are able to help and put a smile and assurance to ordinary everyday people/ customers are absolutely rewarding.
We are all from different culture background and beliefs however we stand together in wanting to help and ease the customers mindset in and assuring they have a pleasant and enjoyable trips
Pros
Cheap Airfares
Cons
shifts hours
Flexible Work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC3 November 2017
It can be a great job for the right person but being s flight Attendant doesn’t suit everyone.

It can be hard work but can also be rewarding at the same time
Pros
Work was always different
Cons
Seniority
Aviation Career was varied, interesting and challenging
Cabin Crew/Purser (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD29 October 2017
Each day presented with different crew, new passengers and new Flight Crew. It began with a Crew Briefing which covered tracking Crew movement for the trip, special requirements of passengers, expected delays etc, special needs and catering, aircraft movements. Flights could sometimes be delayed due to various reasons. Positions were allocated for the duration of flights the crew were together, safety responses were verbally addressed each day. I learnt how to quickly 'read' people! Well trained to observe and notice incidences before they happened, prioritising tasks came naturally when working to flight schedules. No matter where you flew in Australia, there was always someone in an Airport you knew! Cross crewing with interstate crews meant you were always meeting new staff, constantly, and having to work together. The culture is very strong with airline crew because it almost has it's own language. The most difficult part of travelling was adjusting to time zones and keeping healthy. Most enjoyable part of this career was advancing to Purser with it's added responsibilities. As the Airline is held in high regard, you felt a sense of pride being associated with an Austrlaian Icon.
Pros
Variety, Travel, Uniforms, World Class Training, Safety Professional, Good Wages, Good Conditions.
Cons
Different time Zones, Midnight Flights, Delayed Flights, Disruption to plans, Limited meal choices.
I love working front counter at the airport
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD25 October 2017
Great company to work for, handle delays better than anyone, management very open with communication, very bad a dealing with non performing staff but always ready to praise good working staff
Pros
Job security and staff travel
Cons
Hours you work
Place of Qantas
Fleet Presentation (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 October 2017
Good place to work at but I’m suitable for IT/office type work as that’s where my main focus in career wise is heading, back to qantas, The benefits and all is good everything’s fine besides dealing with drama people but that’s life you get it anywhere you go however it’s jist amazing how the whole system works with your luggage to the plane and how clean the aircrafts become once the customers come off and all it’s a good experience
Pros
Free box of fruit for everyone every fridays
Cons
5 Hours to 7 and a half Hour shifts rotating roster
Challenging work place
Food production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Q - Catering, Melbourne1 October 2017
Being with Qantas for well more than 25 years it was great challenging career.It was not an excellent place to work but company looked after its employees well.
Enormous day to day challenges stressed me out at times, but at the end of the day it was so satisfying that I did the job.
Pros
I built up my career and had the experience of working in a challenging environment
Cons
Non practical software system to rely on
Good enjoy n fun
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA20 September 2017
Love working with Qantas a lot training to do every months to increase our experiences n knowledge
As customer service in Qantas club as well as check in counter met a lot of people with different characters but enjoyed
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Enough hours
Loved working for Qantas such a great team
Ramp and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moranbah, Queensland20 September 2017
If you're interested in Aviation you need to apply with Qantas great way to start off and keep going in your new career. Absolutely loved working for them for the past 2 years best people I've met and worked with
Pros
Staff discounts
Staff travel
resource coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth Airport WA13 September 2017
Great company to work for with good benefits, Is a very stressful and busy environment to work in at times. Many outside influences that impact on the work environment eg: weather, schedules staff sickness & dealing with the public in a fast moving environment. Need to be able to think on your feet and to resolve problems effectively & instantly.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Shift work