Qantas
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Qantas Employee Reviews

Australia330 reviews
Qantas is an amazing place to work. The variety of destinations and customers makes for an enjoyable experience. Truely fortunate to be working for an iconic business.
The culture at Qantas is unlike any other work place. The people are so family orientated and nothing is a problem if you had a question to ask and this is in any department. Qantas people value their positions wherever they work and take pride in their jobs and it shows.
Pros
Discount flights
Cons
Standby
be honest,loyal and dependable,do not steal or fight,or argue.wear protect ive gear issued,no photos,keep out of restricted areas.do not eat on the job or steal food,i.d. to be worn at all times .
Pros
subsertised travel
Cons
shift work
I loved working for Qantas... and I do wish that I was still working there, but Covid changed all of that for the whole world. It was a face paced and fun environment but was very driven by on-time performance.
I love my job st Qantas, but due to covid19 my future with the company is uncertain. I love dealing with people from all walks of life, ensuring their travel is enjoyable.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Shift work
Many workers join Qantas, with great pride in the company - it is more than just a job for many. Unfortunately upper management seem not to appreciate the inherent level of goodwill amongst these long term employees. The long earned reputation of quality and safety focus is traded off, with many entities now wearing the Qantas uniform and looking the part. Yet sadly they are often subcontracted entities not recruited, trained, or managed by Qantas - yet they will market these entities under the banner of Qantas, implying that they have come from the same origins as the experienced entities. That is until they have an incident, and are then referred to as a ‘subsidiary company’.
Pros
Great people at the coal face
Cons
Little trust in management. You are just a unit of labour.
A great company to work for , they are professional and any one who works with them is supported and cared about . The training is great and provides many skills.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Away from home
Working as a flight attendant is a great lifestyle if you're good with people and enjoy travel.
The crew are great but there's a snarky high school mentality and you should be prepared for sycophantic people looking to advance by a good bit of backstabbing. Be careful about who you trust!

Unfortunately, management view you as merely another number. Their main focus is on maximising shareholder and management profit. They'll work you as much as possible- especially if you're new and don't have seniority.

I personally was 'let go' due to taking my crew meal and a can of coke off the aircraft to eat later. This was after years of faithful service.

Don't get me wrong, I love the crew! Fantastic people who make the company what it is through their amazing service. It's just disappointing that management doesn't realise that the front line staff make the company, not how much upper management receives in bonuses due to maximising share price.
Pros
Flight discounts, great culture in crew, stay in lovely places, you get to fly!
Cons
Management treats you like a number, lots of backstabbing, front line staff are not valued by management at all
Great company. Excellent job, great conditions and benefits. Interview process can take a very long time be prepared to wait and the be called to start work ASAP
Its a great place to work and once you start working for them to move about within the company is great. Really good place to work and paid well

It is an evolving company and seen many great changes in the 20 years I have been working forthem. They are great at family work balance
Pros
staff travel
Cons
high expectation
I enjoyed working here. Management is good as long as you do work with perfection and go home stressfree. Flights are a fast-paced and fun place to work at.
The best job I have ever had. Obviously like any job there are challenges but ultimately most people are fun and happy to be there. Working at Qantas has given me the opportunity to fly internationally as well as move to London.
Pros
travel, friends, lifestyle
Cons
waking up on the plane and serving breakfast
Great place to make longterm friends and a good vibe, would highly recommend this company to anyone, need to be a hard worker but the benefits are so worth it
Pros
Staff travel
I worked in many areas of Qantas Holidays. It is a big company so there is plenty of opportunity to progress and grow. Perhaps in the current environment it may not be so secure.
Pros
Big respected and well known brand
Cons
Large political at times. You can get lost in the crowd.
Great place to work.Meet lots of people of all walks of life. Working here for 25 years says it all. You must love customer Service.
The formal process i took to be interviewed has since changed and is much quicker.
Flying to destinations where the culture is different is always a wonderful experience, no day at work is ever the same as each trip offers different crew to work with and we are always on the way to different countries and time zones and seasons. Shift work is something you will need to adapt to and being away from home and friends and family is part of this job you will need to accept.
Great company to work for
Shift work can be hard to balance with family

Travel benefits are great!

It’s a great Airline! I believe the greatest!
Pros
Great Airline to represent
Cons
Shift work
full filling rewarding good workplace culture. good safety culture and ongoing training. variety of work tasks to carry out either on your own or team environment.
Work is different every time.
Aircraft varies; destinations; passengers; service and security requirements.

Very diverse work group.

Itinerant workforce
A great airline to work for sure. A trusted brand throughout the years. Friendly work atmosphere. Professional and still friendly culture. Safety is never compromised.
Qantas is one of the best places I’ve ever worked. It’s collaborative, consultative, effective, professional and fun. The team I worked with were fabulous! I loved every minute of working at Qantas. The only reason I left was because it was a really long commute for me. Benefits by the bucket load and lots a great career opportunity too.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qantas. Our community is ready to answer.