Qantas Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Life long friendships
Ground Crew - Supervisor/Leading Hand/Allocator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 April 2018
No two days are ever the same............ A great place to work!!! Met so many fantastic people. I learned alot about myself and the different situations I encountered.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Shift work
Great team based work environment
Airside Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD4 April 2018
Qantas was a great place to work with when i first joined. A typical day would be using RF scanners to scan bags into various flights, and you would get assigned a belt to work on that have numerous flights going through each everyday. There is also Arrivals which is unloading of bags onto belts that lead out to the Arrivals Hall for passengers to claim their luggage. We also drive Tow Tractors to take out barrows and cans of bags out to the plane.

Hardest part of the job is the repetitiveness, but with the friendships you make it becomes an afterthought.

When i first started it was spouted as a 'land of opportunity' yet as the years went on it was clear after many attempts to progress that it wasn't the case.

The one thing that's kept me there so long is the job security. They are very lenient and sympathetic towards the workers when leave is needed or tardiness etc.

As good as Qantas has been to me, it's time for a change.
Pros
great team, job security, staff travel
Cons
No progression
A fun place to work with all meals provided
Payroll Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD21 March 2018
Qantas Flight Catering is a busy work environment with a very good culture. A good Management structure is in place and some roles provide a career path.
Pros
Free meals and great people to work with
Cons
Airport traffic to and from work.
Not a good one Qantas Credit Union
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia13 March 2018
This review is about Qantas Credit Union but not Qantas. Not a good place to be. If you are a family person with need to take care of some one, then this is not so good.
Very Enjoyable and Fun workplace
Floor Layouts, Meetings, Any Jobs Asked By Manager (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW11 March 2018
Within other work place in which I have been located none will give me the experience of this. Being apart meetings and having to take notes gave me and idea of a grown professional job. Planning and organising events gave me a sense of creativity. Very fun, flexible work place in which plenty of new experience was gained.
Pros
working
Cons
long travel
Highlight of my career
Executive Assistant/Personnel Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 March 2018
I loved my job at Qantas.

Showing my age here, until a year before I resigned the office staff didn't have computers. Everything was done on paper.

My position was as a Executive Assistant, I started in the Engineering department and finished in the Human Resources department.

Uniforms were provided which I might add were lovely. At the time I can remember feeling very proud to wear the Qantas uniform and work with amazing people.

To be honest the hardest part of the job was resigning when I was due to have our son. To this day, I am incredibly proud that I got to work in this industry and meet some amazing people.
Pros
Pride in working for Qantas
Cons
Resigning
A dynamic and challenging workplace
Manager Load Control Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2018
- I was able to move up the ranks from Customer Service to a leadership position. There was the ability to move to other areas and departments, and work your way higher in the company.
- Working in an operational environment was challenging and dynamic, with no two days the same.
- There was extensive change the entire time I was with the company and at times this was unsettling.
- Continually changing management made it difficult to develop a good working relationship and sometime department goals were unclear and not fully developed.
- The team I work with were close and generally worked well together.
Excellent employer
Airline service operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 February 2018
Great company to work for. Safety is there big plus, and attitude.Work hard they will reward you. Workplace culture excellent, shift work can be an issue.Travel the best part of this job
benefits
Cons
shift work hours
Freight Ground Services
Freight services (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW6 February 2018
Absolutely shambles, unprofessional and total chaotic recruitment system. I went through the vetting process for about 12 months and advised all was okay...only to be deleted from the system. There is no human cohesion from management to shop floor. The guys at the freight warehouse are doing their best under the circumstances. Business management and administration is flawed. The mission and vision is quite the opposite of application. I was looking forward to working for QF and hoped for better things. Disappointed, really. I took a gamble on staying with workplacement agency or QF. I chose latter and suffered loss. Sad cos I like the agency staff but I turned my back on them and got shafted by QF recruitment.
Pros
Meet good people on the shop floor with interesting backgrounds
Cons
Bad supervisors promoting bad management directives
a fun, cultural working environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA31 January 2018
it was a safe fun working environment i learnt a lot about Qantas's history. and how they treated there customers. i learnt how to check customers flights and baggage in. the hardest part was when a customer asked something i couldn't help with, the most enjoyable part was definitely interacting with customers from all parts of the world, helping them with there needs and seeing the smiles on there faces after i achieved helping them.
Pros
working for Qantas..
Cons
long hours standing on my feet all day
Poorly Treated
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 January 2018
I did enjoy working at Qantas but found that I was treated like a another number in the organisation. Hard work is not rewarded and there is no loyalty from Management.
Great culture
Management (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia18 January 2018
great culture
Strong management
good strategy
great benefits
I have enjoyed career progression and leadership opportunities.
Strong company leadership, focused on the right things.
Great Airline within a great Industry
SENIOR AIRLINE SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA16 January 2018
I loved my time with Australian Airlines then Qantas. Worked with great people some more challenging than others. As a supervisor had the opportunity to lead from the front to achieve excellent customer service and a reputation as the best ground handling airport in our network.
Many challenges everyday faced and met and overcome.
Times are changing and full time work within the airline industry is virtually non existent today which is a real shame because this was a great career.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift work life balance was testing but challenging
Cabin dressing & baggage ramp services
Cleaner/ ramp services (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport13 January 2018
High management does not see who is hard working & who is not. You are intimidated to join a union. The people keep to themselves work is work and family is family 90% there is no socializing after work. They do not give referees only a certificate of service meaning how many years you have work there making it difficult to attain work in same or other industries.shift work is hard on health.A culture of who you know for a promotion. Although, this was 12 years things may have improved.You find most staff are willing to convert from full time to any hours 1 or 2 rather taking redundancy eg ANSETT Airlines.
Pros
Cleaning continuus vomit & feaces.
Cons
No free immunizations for hepA, b, c, malaria or other overseas viruss etc
Not enough permanent work.
Corporate Receptionist, switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Mascot12 January 2018
I have an advantage because I can speak multiple languages. Also I have certificate in hospitality and tourism. I also have an excellent customer service.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Not enough permanent work.
Good Place to work
Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Sydney10 January 2018
Good place to work if you can handle the shift work.Staff culture is good. Management are big on safety. Lots of training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Shift Work
Poor
Manager Airport Servcies, South Australia (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA8 January 2018
Would not recommend working at qantas ,extremely poor culture . Managememnt only promoting because of diversity not talent . Unions still allowed to bully in the workplace. Management really weak.
Pros
Staff travel
Cons
Unions, Jobs for the boys
management is strict but thats a good thing..
Catering firm (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Australia6 January 2018
management is strict but that's a good thing..workers are well decipline and workplace is clean and safe..fun workplace with excellent salary and benefits.i learned many things specially because my workmates have different nationalities..there's white, black, kiwi, chinnese , indian people and many more and lots of them can't even speak straight english ..i meet many kinds of people good and bad and lots of racist also but as years go by i got used to it..and my favorite part during that time is when we were all singing while busy working..
Pros
free meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks..
Cons
early hours
Productive and useful workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW8 December 2017
Productive and useful workplace. You can improve customer service skills and handle situations under pressure.
Created an efficient cleaning routine.
Pros
Qantas free bus
Cons
No upgrade
A motivating and supportive team focused company
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2017
Every day was different and the people you meet would enhance your day. You worked as a team to fulfil the customer service promise and ensure the customer had a great end to end customer experience.
Pros
Working with different teams every day
Cons
Rosters