Qantas Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Good work place
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 July 2018
Friendly Staff, many resources available to work. They offer a world class training, and work places have strict health and safety rules, gives more opportunities to improve the career
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Good Hours
You're just a number at Qantaslink
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 August 2017
Like all airlines you are just seen as a number who is a robot to their system. A constant roll over of staff is the norm, I had 5 managers in 3 years. Terrible shift work, long hours and no recognition.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
I love NRL and am a keen fisherman
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 April 2017
My experience in the workplace, from Qantas to Far North Qld in the Mines, and being Self Employed has been my greatest asset.

Typically my day starts at dawn and ends at dark.
Six days a week.
I thrive under pressure.
Pros
See the world for free.
Cons
Not enough time to go fishing
Very fast paced
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane14 March 2017
Learnt a lot of health and safety procedures
Working in a very fast paced environment which was right in my comfort zone
The hardest part of the job was probably just the heat you got at the back of the dishwasher... Was bareable, over all nothing bad.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fluctuating hours
Great working enviroment
Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 December 2016
I have developed a lot of skills though qantas apprenticeship programs. people working in there are friendly and helpful. Qantas is a great company to work with
great place to work 30 years service
Aline Services Coordinator / Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 September 2016
Extreme attention to all safety aspects throughout the company, all staff members were trained in many aspects of food handling and best work practices. An absolute pleasure to work on a daily basis with confident and professional team.
I ejnoyed working at QANTAS
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 July 2016
I left QANTAS because they brought out a contract stating they can terminate you the following day and that made me nervous.
Dynamic place to work, great co workers
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 March 2016
Enjoyed over 15 wonderful years. Built amazing relationships and achieved so much over my employment. I enjoyed working in a changing environment and having to think on my feet.
Hours and balance of life out the window.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD7 November 2015
The day or night shifts varied too much from 4 hours then 8 hours, it is very hard to get used to. Co-workers were friendly enough but some were a bit threaten for some reason. Was enjoyable seeing different people go through the terminal.
Fantastic company!
Inside Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD21 September 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was challenging myself to obtain and exceed all sales goals. I loved working with a group of like-minded professionals and meeting new people on a daily basis. I formed close working relationships with our customers and built both rapport and trust. My management team were always supporting and encouraging. Due to receiving discounted airfares, I was privileged to have the opportunity of travelling.
Pros
Discounted airfares
Cons
Office politics
its a good place to work
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD24 April 2015
People are good clean and tidy and well organized. I have a learnt a lot of things while working there including HCCAP and Food handling in a safety manner.
Pros
free lunches and has coffee machine
Cons
hours are good
Productive workplace
Ramp and Baggage (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD28 November 2014
Fast paced busy enviroment where working as a team is a must.
Loading planes with all checked baggage, accounting for all checked bags making sure they are loaded correctly and safely into the aircrafts.
Pros
great comradery with workmates
Cons
some very early starts
amazing opportunity
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  brisbane, australia30 September 2014
Working for QantasLink provided a great opportunity to see Australia, work within a team but also have initiative to take responsibility if needed. Everyday was a new day with different destinations, passengers and requirements, but it allowed me to be flexible and adjust to what was needed each day. I got to learn great managerial skills when working alone or with a team to provide the best service for the customer in the safest manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making customers happy by getting them to their destination safe and in comfort.
the work place was like a family
Airline operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD19 May 2014
i learnt computer skills and met alot of different people from all airlines and companies
Pros
resonably priced travel
Cons
sometimes long hours and working 3 weekends a month but thats the job
Clean work Environment
Stock Clerk / Store Person (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD13 May 2014
Great well trained dedicated friendly people a pleasure to work with all of them. Very Safety Oriented Company... Great Safety Record they invented the word. The cleanest work place I have ever seen well organised. Lots of equipment to make the job easy for all employees.
Pros
Clean well organised enviroment
Cons
Lay offs made me leave
Internationally Recognised Airline
Customer Service Operator International Airport (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 December 2013
The operational side of customer services predominantly is maintained out of the eyes of the public.
Security is a major concern and is costly to maintain , with vast ares to cover inclusive of tarmac and International Aircraft and the various aircraft configurations awareness- 9/11 was a turning point world wide, extra training and awareness to our work environment.
Overall the company was a respectable occupation , with muti-cultural nationalities employed , interesting and rewarding.
Pros
Exposure to International Travells
Cons
A 24 hour opperation comes with some sacrifices
Brisbane. Good place to work
Aircraft worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane24 July 2013
Easy work, great team, terrible money and no guaranteed future.
really enjoyed working in there.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD1 July 2013
Very good environment. I have worked both in the Domestic and Bussiness lounge. Looking after the buffet and very good customer service I did. I even learned how to ba a Barista in the Bussiness lounge. Very exciting job. I miss it really. My workmates very easy to go with.
Pros
with morning and afternoon breaks
Cons
always 8hours a day .3 weekdays n saturdays and sundays.
Fun workplace
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane,QLD2 December 2012
-Busy everyday
-I learned how to organise the flights.
-I managed staff to do the flight
-Every parts is hard.But the hardest is when its increases and the air craft change.
-I learn alot from this company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
A changing and evolving work environment
L5 Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Queensland9 November 2012
I would consolidate and modify the catering requirements for our International clients as their catering needs became more apparent as we proceeded towards their cut off time.
My roll was self motivated and self managed due to our continuously changing environment with aircraft movements and passenger requirements.
We were a small team of 7 in consolidation who totally depended on close team work,I did not find my roll hard but challenging with a level of satisfaction knowing our customer Airlines were correctly serviced.
Pros
discount airfares and free lunches.
Cons
becoming redundant due to restructuring.