Qantas Employee Reviews in Mascot NSW

Flexible and enjoyable workplace with friendly team members
School Based Traineeship (Former Employee) –  Alexandria NSW, Mascot NSW12 November 2018
A typical day at work at the Qantas offices involved a range of administration duties such as filing, printing, laminating, organising and assisting others, as well as computer based duties.

What I learned was how to use various machines, strong teamwork skills and what is expected of an office workplace.

Management at the Qantas offices comprised of effective allocation of employee skills such as mine with regard to my tasks undertaken and listening to employee feedback to reach effective productivity.

The workplace culture at the offices was amazing, as I made new friends and connections within the aviation and hospitality industry.

The hardest part of the job was adapting to new workplace experiences such as computer interaction and overcoming communication barriers by reaching new confidence levels.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a range of people that were both committed and welcoming, as well as good mentors to guide me through the workplace and job requirements.
Pros
Gaining experience to kickstart my career into the aviation industry.
Cons
Missing out on school days and study commitments.
Best Company I have ever worked
Catering Assistant and OH&S Committee member (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW27 September 2018
Best Company I have ever worked. The management, staff, work place environment, cultural diversity practicing is spectacular. Its won strategy attract any one to work with.
Enjoyable place to work at.
Freight Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW2 September 2018
Main role was Customer Service Agent servicing customers with incoming freight requirements and also Export requirements. Everybody was friendly and helpful in the workplace. Interaction with customer and helping them was the highlight of the job.
Fun work place
Process Worker / Pick packer (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW5 April 2018
Fun environment and also get the jobs done , people are very friendly.

The company has loved upto their name . They also treat their workers as their own
Pros
Free bfast n lunch n dinner
Very Enjoyable and Fun workplace
Floor Layouts, Meetings, Any Jobs Asked By Manager (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW11 March 2018
Within other work place in which I have been located none will give me the experience of this. Being apart meetings and having to take notes gave me and idea of a grown professional job. Planning and organising events gave me a sense of creativity. Very fun, flexible work place in which plenty of new experience was gained.
Pros
working
Cons
long travel
Freight Ground Services
Freight services (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW6 February 2018
Absolutely shambles, unprofessional and total chaotic recruitment system. I went through the vetting process for about 12 months and advised all was okay...only to be deleted from the system. There is no human cohesion from management to shop floor. The guys at the freight warehouse are doing their best under the circumstances. Business management and administration is flawed. The mission and vision is quite the opposite of application. I was looking forward to working for QF and hoped for better things. Disappointed, really. I took a gamble on staying with workplacement agency or QF. I chose latter and suffered loss. Sad cos I like the agency staff but I turned my back on them and got shafted by QF recruitment.
Pros
Meet good people on the shop floor with interesting backgrounds
Cons
Bad supervisors promoting bad management directives
Productive and useful workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW8 December 2017
Productive and useful workplace. You can improve customer service skills and handle situations under pressure.
Created an efficient cleaning routine.
Pros
Qantas free bus
Cons
No upgrade
Productive and fun place to work at
Cloud Transformation Program/Project consultant (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW28 November 2017
chat with my scrum masters on typical story points and how we can go faster
work on my financials and see where we can spend more to make our budget expectations
i learn about the Airline industry and how many depts exist that i didnt realise Qantas was into
Productive work place.
Senior Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW10 October 2016
nice group of co-workers.There is always lots of chance being done by the management team.The hardest part of the job is 45am start times and working weekends.
A pleasure to work here
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mascot, NSW15 April 2016
It was always a pleasure to go to work here. The culture was vibrant and everyone I knew enjoyed their jobs thoroughly. I wish I had never left.
flight benefits not for casuals
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW30 March 2016
it was ok, made friends.the management seemed out of their capacity at times. the airline industry is organised chaos.
High Pressure Place to Work
Ticket Investigations Officer (Current Employee) –  Mascot, NSW16 September 2015
I worked 3 different areas in this part of Qantas.

Ticketing - by far the best place to work, raising the document for the passengers to travel, building fares and seeing the finished product.

Refunds - also a good place as able to use my fare skills to calculate the refund due to the passengers.

Fares - by far the most difficult place to work as the Travel Agents request favours for errors they have advuised the passengers and blame the airline if not granted
Pros
Ticketing and use of fare skills
Cons
abuse from Travel Agents
Good learning platform
Lead Developer, Client Project (Current Employee) –  mascot10 August 2015
Very good learning platform. Respect new ideas and supporting management.very good culture and interesting activities around work.
A Good Day Working With Qantas.
Stock Investigation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW15 November 2014
We always start with a toolbox meeting on what happened yesterday and things to do. We updates any news or changes about work and discuss any safety incidents. As we start going to our desk and start out work we prepare our scanners and tools needed for work. We do the system inventory check that gives as the location automatically to check and inspect. we count and scan the barcodes as our entry to the data system. The hardest part of the job is when we have a system breakdown and cannot perform our daily task and to do the check manually. We work as a team and coordinate with our managers if there are any incidents and changes to our work or task for the day. I enjoy working with a team as I help them on their task and the time goes very quick as we work together.
Pros
Staff Travel Discount
Cons
Diverse work environment with great opportunities
Principal Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mascot Jet Base13 November 2014
What started as 1 month contract, turned into a 15 year career with Qantas. I worked as clerical admin, business improvement analyst, production planner and principal technical specialist. I've had great opportunities to travel overseas and represent Qantas as technical documentation trainer and assessor. There are many highlights to my career, but I will always remember the people I worked with across many different areas of Qantas Engineering and Maintenance. I still believe that Qantas is a great place to work, however my career path is taking me in a different direction.
Pros
Integrated and cooperative work environment, great people to work with
Cons
Shift work is OK when young and single, definite impact on lifestyle.
I loved what I did.
Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  Mascot14 August 2014
A typical day for me meant a lot of investigating and clearing. I was in charge of all the overseas accounts.
Pros
Kept me going!
Cons
None really.
Good company to work for
Industry and Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mascot, NSW11 April 2014
Our Sales department is very busy and we work well both as individuals and as part of the team. Great and passionate people work at this company.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
An ever changing dynamic industry
PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mascot19 March 2014
An interesting place to work for as the aviation environment is forever changing. This poses continuous challenges as no two projects are ever the same.
Pros
Variation of projects
Cons
lower pay than industry averages and uncertainity of avaition future
great company with great career opitunities
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Mascot, NSW4 February 2014
great company with a good work ethic....working with good people in a fun environment with lots of opportunities too expand yourself
productive workplace with benefits
LEAD STOREPERSON (Former Employee) –  MASCOT NSW29 August 2013
Level 4 storeperson
as well as; responsible for control, supervision and training to levels, 1,2 and 3; ensures productivity and performance criteria are met in designated area; demonstrates leadership, decision making and organisational skills; promote OH&S requirements; assists with identification of suitable duties for Return to Work plans; controls clients stocks; ensures all relevant Australian customs procedures/quarantine regulations are met and, investigates and reconciles shortage items.
Customer Service.