Qantas Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Good if you're looking to mostly work on your free days
Baggage Handler Casual (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 July 2018
the hardest part of the job is the shift work it can mess up your sleeping pattern, management is very polite and understanding, very cruisy and easy job if you don't have other commitments such as uni, or anything that requires a lot of your spare time
Pros
Good people, good benefits, easy job
Cons
early hours, shift work, hard to balance with something such as uni
A Great Employer
Aircraft Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 July 2018
I am very pro Qantas and always enjoyed working for them, during my periods of employment I worked from the ground up and I am familiar with all aircraft types
Cons
I am accustomed to long hours
Poorly Treated
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 January 2018
I did enjoy working at Qantas but found that I was treated like a another number in the organisation. Hard work is not rewarded and there is no loyalty from Management.
A motivating and supportive team focused company
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 December 2017
Every day was different and the people you meet would enhance your day. You worked as a team to fulfil the customer service promise and ensure the customer had a great end to end customer experience.
Pros
Working with different teams every day
Cons
Rosters
Dissapointing
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 December 2017
I currently work as CABIN CREW and I'm so disappointed in QF.

The recruitment process was exceptionally such a long wait (1 whole year of being on hold) and I finally got into the job only to realise it was totally nothing like they say it's going to be.

Like I've said, there was so much constant heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and you're constantly on your feet, especially when you have the shorter flights and there's absolutely NO time for a break during your entire day at work. They make it out to be such a wonderful amazing job and honestly guys it is so far from that. When you fly so much you notice some changes in your body and it's so hard to cope with such a terribly low wage to compensate.

There's also a lot of a crazy emphasis put on seniority so there's lots of people who have been working there for decades and treat you like you are young and you know absolutely nothing in the world.

I don't recommend. Really had my hopes up for this job.
Pros
Crew meals
Cons
Long hours, low pay, high seniority, short rest, jet lag, fatigue, long recruitment process
Challenging work place
Food production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Q - Catering, Melbourne1 October 2017
Being with Qantas for well more than 25 years it was great challenging career.It was not an excellent place to work but company looked after its employees well.
Enormous day to day challenges stressed me out at times, but at the end of the day it was so satisfying that I did the job.
Pros
I built up my career and had the experience of working in a challenging environment
Cons
Non practical software system to rely on
Terrible place to work
QGS groundstaff (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 July 2017
There are 2 sets of unions. 1 for the old and 1 for the new. the new get paid less , with less benefits but work harder.
You need to pay $600 for physical , go through an online course (12 subjects) and pass a forklift assessment all on your time. Once you pass all this , they think you will not leave.
You will not be working on aeroplanes , as they say. (this is for the old only) . You will be working mainly in the "mail room' , this is a brain dead job just lifting bags all day.
You will be working every weekend , lucky to get 1 out of every 8 off.
The place has a very bad culture , if you are not Friends or are family of the leading hands you will be subject to all the bad jobs.
They have a very large turn around of staff. Qantas has a really good airline name , and they are taking advantage of this ! If you dont believe me look at the history of their adds. They continually advertise for staff. Management do not listen or care. they say you will work 40hrs , but they are cutting that back to 25hrs. If your still going to go ahead with applying , speak to the interviewers about all of above . They will confirm all is true.
Pros
cheap standby tickets after 6 months of work
Cons
working weekends, bad culture, midnight shifts, unfair practices, two unions
Excellent learning time
Facilities & Project management (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 January 2017
Progressive company, forever changing to adapt to new challenges. Continuous improvement and safety at the forefront of all daily activities. Excellent career paths and management training.
Flexible hours
Airport - all aspects of freight. Import/export (Current Employee) –  Melbourne25 December 2016
Enjoy being allocated in different areas each day, thus each day is different yet challenging to the next. Enjoy working as a team.
Pros
Shift work. Allows me to gain work elsewhere.
Cons
Some weekends / late shift.
Productive & fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VICTORIA23 October 2016
Good place, enjoying preparing foods for the flights, good & friendly people. Safe & clean workplace. Enjoy working with team. Helpful people.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Seven hours
A really good place to work and Experience
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 October 2016
Really good people to work with as a team learned a lot of different jobs,manager was very good and help with anything you had problems with the most enjoyable part was working with theses people
Flexible hours
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  MELBOURNE VICTORIA27 August 2016
-An extremely busy environment handling approx 70 calls per day and under pressure to meet kpi.
- Developed skills in phone technique.
- Most difficult part of job - dealing with difficult clients.
-Little time to interact with co workers
spacious and big working area
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 August 2016
It's been a pleasure working with them most of the time. The workplace is awesome and clean, highly maintained with great staff and friendly environment. There are a lot to learn each day, since
you will be assigned in one area to another, which seemed to me very interesting. In regards to the management, it's quite amazing
because they are always open to some ideas, suggestions and
above all complaints and recommendations pertaining to any problems and serious situations that needs their immediate response.Although the hardest part of the job is all about a shift work rotation, but eventually I get used to it already. The most part of the job is the benefits and privileges you feel that you are working in Qantas (Catering) the name itself, has a status in the community.

Lastly, we all know that each one of us , came to work and we could certainly ask why ?

" TO EARN A LIVING ... "
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
car park is $20.00 fees / a week
Supportive Employer
Safety Adviser (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 June 2016
My current role has exposed me to a diverse range of hazards and risks within different operational business units.
I work with the business to assist in devising suitable control measures to reduce the risks within the business so that employees are working in the safest possible way.
I assist the business with investigations and help identify areas of improvement.
I work with a highly skilled team, and enjoy talking 'safety' with my safety colleaugues to share ideas and solutions.
It can be hard to define cost effective and implementable solutions however very rewarding when we do.
In my current role, I have been afforded the opportunity to fulfill the safety manager role and coordinate the safety team, and participate in regional discussions.
Pros
Staff travel, working around aircraft
Cons
minimal opportunities for career progression
Great benefits
Secretary/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 April 2016
Some days there was pressure, but not everyday.
Learned how to deal with customers
Management styles varied
Mixed ethnicity of co-workers made for an interesting work environment.
Hardest part of the job, dealing with unhelpful supervisors
Most enjoyable part of the job, being able to use initiative.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
The attitude of some management/supervisors
A short time but fun
Equity Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 March 2016
I was there only for a short time but my time there was enjoyable. I would be on the front line with customers and enjoyed helping travellers getting to there planned trip
Flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC20 August 2015
Loved assisting customers
High grooming standard
Worked well with colleagues
Always listening
Service industry always high standard
First aid
Customer service number 1
Learning daily
Pros
Travelling and passengers
Cons
Love to work
Satisfying
Regional Property Manager VIC/SA/TAS (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 February 2015
My day normally starts between 7.30-8 a.m.
Manage and discuss with other team members, contractors, suppliers work loads, meetings and work in progress.
Hardest part job is trying to obtain all stakeholders approval when a shut down is required.
The most enjoyable part of the job is maintaining Safety at all times, Customer satisfaction, the end delivery of a project on time and under budget.
Pros
Air travel
Cons
Travel not confirmed
Great company to work for
Airline Services Operator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne31 October 2013
Excellent team environment great benefits in a busy airport
Network operator
Lab operator (Former Employee) –  melbourne australia29 October 2013
working six days a week

Networking skill. routers and switches .
Management good.
No Benefits ..

shift work .6 days a week .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n.a