Qantas Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Great people, Challenging enviroment, Rewarding
Line Maintenance Manager - WA (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 June 2019
An environment t that requires the best of its people in a challenging ever changing environment.
Aviation industry is constantly changing in its area of growth and development while being at the forefront of technology change. This creates a challenging environment who operate within the organisation. requiring a high level of collaboration arcross various sectors of operations to ensure the customer expectation are met.

My time with Qantas both challenged me and was rewarding, being able to develop and grow individuals to meet both company and self expectations. to be able to make a difference in the culture and grow the business, in remote WA.
Qantas as employer
Ramp / Cargo driver (Former Employee) –  Perth Air23 November 2018
Roster system benefits the company and not the employee, trying to get a sleep pattern is impossible and effects health and social activities.
Pay is just a minimal wage with bonuses it barely covers expenses.
Management is top heavy and not really interested in personal issues but focused on feathering their position
Training was excellent
Safety was good
Work conditions were good but had to endure all weather conditions from heavy rain to 40deg days on the tarmac.
Work is not really hard but is very repetitive, this combined with being tired from odd hours means mistakes occasionally happen.
Enjoyed interaction with other staff as they were all friendly and supportive to get the job done.
Pros
Cheap business seat flights - if available
Cons
7 day roster and hours
Busy working environment clean working conditions, friendly work colleagues.
Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 July 2017
This is a fast paced environment your work colleagues are friendly and helpful as is your supervisors. The work place is hygienic and safety endorsed this is an 8hr day with over time available.
Pros
cheap lunches....really cheap.
Cons
there are some staff that have been there for far toooo long like 1/4 of a century.
multicultural organisation
SPECIAL MEALS CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 June 2017
amazing place to work
autonomous work
divided work load
leaves
free meals throughout the day
spacious car park
security in the campus
supportive team leaders
Pros
free lunches
Driver Review
Driver/Loader (Former Employee) –  Perth9 July 2015
Truck Driver and Loader, Management, Co-workers, Hardest part of the job, Most enjoyable part of the job, A typical day at work,
Good work place
Air Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Perth - Australia5 July 2015
Multi task job and focused on customer service. Liaise with freight forwarders and support them on their necessary needs.
great people great place to work
Airline Services Operator / Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth International Airport7 May 2015
Need a Career change
have to work soooooo much overtime to make ends meet, so i don't have much of a social life, other than that its a very good place to work
Pros
can do shift swaps with workmates
Cons
rotating shifts, sometimes morning, arvo and nights all in a week
Productive fun workplace with amazing colleagues, Unique personalities I will miss
Food assistant for business menu's (Former Employee) –  Perth18 April 2015
My day started at 5am change for work, say my hello's then off to the kitchen signing in and always in a great mood. Every morning was different. I was trained in 6 departments within cold and hot kitchen. I enjoyed hot kitchen I just had to manage my time well so I wouldn't fall behind. Communication to head chef, Keeping food temps in accordance with OHS procedures and working quickly and tidy at all times. Work was always busy and kept me on my toes I was able to work as a team and build some good friendships. I worked well with all my co workers and learned not to take things personal eg mood swings were a regular but we laughed it off allot... Hardest part of my job is when a shift wasn't covered so I would do my shift best I could then stay on for overtime. I enjoyed my overtime but the most enjoyable part was the people and relationships established, not taking things to heart and having a laugh with certain colleagues, bliss. Best part was learning different skills then excelling in them...
Pros
Free laughs and great conversations with some good people. Cheers
Cons
I worked for agency. Roster always changed and canceled shifts
• Provide advanced product information and booking services.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  perth wa8 March 2015
• Customer Services.
• Promote tourism in order to attract visitors.
• Provide accommodation and flight booking services.
• Provide advanced product information and booking services.
Working for another National company and serve it well
Freight Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perth WA5 June 2014
Having progressed through the Airline and Freight industry, I achieved many personal and professional goals, Qantas is going through a time of change and I accept change and move with it. I do not have the same confidence in the company as I have had before and that is an important aspect of wanting to stay with the company.
I believe in change and I progress with it. Now is the time to change direction with my career to use and share the knowledge and experience I have gained to better myself.
Experiencing work satisfaction is the ultimate and I have been able to achieve this on a daily basis.
Working with a variety of people with different personalities and attitudes makes each day different in a positive way. Experiencing a great team effort makes it all worthwhile.
While there are operational directives from central Head Office I feel that local management have no say whatsoever in the running of their own state which I feel is a lack of confidence in the management team. It is not a situation I totally agree with.
Pros
Experiencing work satisfaction in with a great group of co-workers
Cons
None to mention. There are both good and bad days.
exciting environment
Freight Resources and OHS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth14 May 2014
Ever changing role
Only left because I emigrated
enjoyed the technical side as state of the art