Qantas Employee Reviews for Aeronautical Engineer

Very positive company to work for
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2017
Did an apprenticeship with QANTAS. Awesome place to work. Very well organised . Colleagues are helpful and supportive. Learned a lot. Work life balance is great. 4 days work and 5 days of.Interesting work on high tech machines.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Only in major Australian cities. Not possible to combine with a rural life style.
I ejnoyed working at QANTAS
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 July 2016
I left QANTAS because they brought out a contract stating they can terminate you the following day and that made me nervous.
challenging work but enjoyable
Aircraft maintenence engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney1 June 2015
I enjoyed the culture, the people I associated with and the challenges the engineering work presented itself to me. A great company to work for
Pros
days off
Cons
long night shifts
Challenging with job satisfaction and recognition.
Snr LAME (Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Sydney and Avalon Airports18 September 2014
For many years we were considered "World's Best " in Engineering and our reputation was second to none. Staff were well trained and proud of 'our' company. We had respect from fellow employees and the public. The past 10 years has seen a major transformation in the company direction through 'new age' management. This has led to a reduction in training, skills and job security and as well as confidence in current management. Many jobs have now been sent offshore and skills and quality have been impacted. Legacy engineers are proud of our past achievements but the determination by the company to reduce costs and seek alternate , cheaper manpower overseas, has seen the loss of "worlds best practice" and public satisfaction. It is a great diverse company to work for, if you are not in the firing line. It offers many opportunities to grow your skills; meet and work with some very talented people. It places 'Safety' before 'Schedule' to ensure we all go home each day to our families. It ensures we all get to celebrate the company achievements and continually challenges us to grow and improve. Our rewards are recognition of a job well done. I would always encourage people to apply to this great Australian company.
Pros
Talent pool, staff travel benefits, well paid position with responsibilities.
Cons
Early starts in harsh conditions to meet schedule
Fair with room for improvement
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Avalon,H511 November 2013
Shift work in a typical day lots of things to do and learn.

There are areas that would benefit in improvement through closer collaboration of different people from different parts of the organisational hierarchy,
Needs new management
Apprentice Aircraft Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mascot, NSW4 March 2013
Poor Management
Long Shifts
Poor Parts/Stock
Cold
No wet weather gear
Pros
free flights, food
Cons
too long a shift