Qantas Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

a fun, cultural working environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA31 January 2018
it was a safe fun working environment i learnt a lot about Qantas's history. and how they treated there customers. i learnt how to check customers flights and baggage in. the hardest part was when a customer asked something i couldn't help with, the most enjoyable part was definitely interacting with customers from all parts of the world, helping them with there needs and seeing the smiles on there faces after i achieved helping them.
Pros
working for Qantas..
Cons
long hours standing on my feet all day
I love working front counter at the airport
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD25 October 2017
Great company to work for, handle delays better than anyone, management very open with communication, very bad a dealing with non performing staff but always ready to praise good working staff
Pros
Job security and staff travel
Cons
Hours you work
Good enjoy n fun
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Hedland WA20 September 2017
Love working with Qantas a lot training to do every months to increase our experiences n knowledge
As customer service in Qantas club as well as check in counter met a lot of people with different characters but enjoyed
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Enough hours
Loved working for Qantas such a great team
Ramp and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moranbah, Queensland20 September 2017
If you're interested in Aviation you need to apply with Qantas great way to start off and keep going in your new career. Absolutely loved working for them for the past 2 years best people I've met and worked with
Pros
Staff discounts
Great Job
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD24 April 2017
I litrally love working at the airport, customer focus, fast paced, challanging at time, great team work and ability to keep on learning, would love to return one day defently
Pros
everything its my life
Cons
i had to leave to have a baby
Social and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2017
My day at work consists of helping the general public and making sure all there needs a meet with no issues so the walk away happy. Also to work as a team with my colleagues and make the enviroment and happy place so that we look forward to coming to work.
Pros
Cheap travel
Cons
Working shift work
Busy, hectic, exciting work with like minded colleagues.
Customer Service Consultant (Full-time/Shift) (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC 312416 March 2017
A typical day began with a briefing, focusing on national/international events that may impact our workload. Feedback from the previous shift and a discussion on what procedures may be implemented, then straight into what our specific role was for the day
All employees continuously attended training modules whether conducted online or in a classroom environment.
We enjoyed a friendly, procedural/organised work culture, overall interaction with colleagues and passengers was with a positive attitude.
Like any job it had its challenges, disrupted passengers, natural events causing delays, time constraints and long hours with various shift starts and occasionally repetitive.
I would say I loved the camaraderie, I have many life long friends and also the being part of a established, well respected Australian Airline.
Pros
Travel, shift work
Cons
Difficult start and finish times
Great people to work with, Not everyday the same.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD14 September 2016
- Great experience to work in aviation.
- Every day is different.
- Sadly the pay isn't that great.
- Shift work can be very tuff on the family.
- Expect to work Christmas day.
- Most management sadly have no idea what they are doing.
- The people you work with are fantastic, you settle in very quickly.
- You get to meet new people everyday with a smile.
Pros
Great Staff Travel, Really Great !!
Cons
Shift work, expect to lose you social life.
Flexible hours
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  MELBOURNE VICTORIA27 August 2016
-An extremely busy environment handling approx 70 calls per day and under pressure to meet kpi.
- Developed skills in phone technique.
- Most difficult part of job - dealing with difficult clients.
-Little time to interact with co workers
excellent working conditions.Great team.
Customer Service Agent / Baggage Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Australia19 May 2016
Qantas would have to be my favorite job of all time. They pay well. good working environment. Great benefits. great training
Pros
Staff travel is fantastic
Cons
Shift work
Challenging and rewarding
Acting Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT18 May 2016
An incredibly fulfilling challenging and rewarding career,
everyday presents with a new set of challenges and even the most ordinary of days gives the opportunity to interact with passengers from every possible walk of life. One learns to deal with many and varies customer issues from disabilities both extreme and delicate to minor and major flight delays affecting hundreds of passengers that all need to be resolved in a professional caring and empathetic manner.
The company always provides excellent training which I believe is an extremely important basis for all good customer service.
Pros
excellent HR support
Cons
Long and varied hours, delays
Great benefits
Secretary/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 April 2016
Some days there was pressure, but not everyday.
Learned how to deal with customers
Management styles varied
Mixed ethnicity of co-workers made for an interesting work environment.
Hardest part of the job, dealing with unhelpful supervisors
Most enjoyable part of the job, being able to use initiative.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
The attitude of some management/supervisors
Dynamic place to work, great co workers
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 March 2016
Enjoyed over 15 wonderful years. Built amazing relationships and achieved so much over my employment. I enjoyed working in a changing environment and having to think on my feet.
Fun and busy
Customer service, catering for functions (Former Employee) –  Airport West21 September 2015
Busy and face paced working along side some beautiful chefs. Was a family, and me being the only non family member made the mediator in a lot of arguments which I could not put up with anymore.
Was not stable enough. Was very flexible and often was just myself running the show. Constantly busy.
Pros
Consistant and Busy
Cons
Family Business
good place to work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport, VIC26 June 2015
Shiftwork , Ability to get along with the public was required. Cooperation is essential. Sometimes the work can be frustrating. The rewards from your customers and fellow workers when something goes right are very satisfactory
Pros
Travel
Cons
shiftwork
Call center well sited on Derwent River
customer service officer (Former Employee) –  Hobart, TAS25 May 2015
Attend to roster as required. Complete travel arrangements.Book flights, hotels and cars for domestic international and awards. Qantas loyal customers are fantastic.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
The line managers did know how to manage staff
great people great place to work
Airline Services Operator / Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth International Airport7 May 2015
Need a Career change
have to work soooooo much overtime to make ends meet, so i don't have much of a social life, other than that its a very good place to work
Pros
can do shift swaps with workmates
Cons
rotating shifts, sometimes morning, arvo and nights all in a week
A very good work place to be in
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hurstville Head Office26 April 2015
I loved going to work at QCU, the culture was very nice to be in. I worked in the contact centre and took 70-100 calls/day relating to any banking enquiries or issues a end use customer had.

I'd never been in a contact centre before so everything I learnt was new, I received a good level of support from manager/team leaders. I very much liked the people I worked along side.

The hardest part of the job was accepting redundancy and having to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything, I was finally in a workplace where a employee was valued and considered, and the work culture was acceptable.
Pros
Diverse calls covering all aspects of banking
Cons
Having to accept redundancy
• Provide advanced product information and booking services.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  perth wa8 March 2015
• Customer Services.
• Promote tourism in order to attract visitors.
• Provide accommodation and flight booking services.
• Provide advanced product information and booking services.
An excellent empoyer
Customer Services Agent. Ramp Services Operater (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD10 October 2014
I worked for Qantas for nearly 18 years, and found the work to be both rewarding and satisfying. During my time I worked as Leading Hand, and a Customer Services Agent. The Qantas culture was strongly safety orientated and employee feedback encouraged. Physically it was a demanding job which helped in maintaining a high fitness level. Dealing with the public was both challenging and rewarding. Certainly job satisfaction was greater as a Customer Service Agent
Pros
Stability of job, staff travel benefits, salary and working conditions
Cons
Long hours and sacrifices to family life