Qantas Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Great Benefits, poor culture and management
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD13 June 2018
Working for Qantas, you get great staff benefits with discounted flights, industry discounts and interesting training. However, management don't treat their staff well. They often manipulate younger staff into high stress and fatigue levels, make promises of work-life balance and then change their mind and force staff back into unsafe levels of work. Would recommend going with other airlines to really get a good idea of what being a flight attendant is like.
Life of Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 December 2017
A long day in the office for long haul flights.
Always work with a mixture of different crew members, so very social job especially when you land somewhere new.
Dissapointing
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 December 2017
I currently work as CABIN CREW and I'm so disappointed in QF.

The recruitment process was exceptionally such a long wait (1 whole year of being on hold) and I finally got into the job only to realise it was totally nothing like they say it's going to be.

Like I've said, there was so much constant heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and you're constantly on your feet, especially when you have the shorter flights and there's absolutely NO time for a break during your entire day at work. They make it out to be such a wonderful amazing job and honestly guys it is so far from that. When you fly so much you notice some changes in your body and it's so hard to cope with such a terribly low wage to compensate.

There's also a lot of a crazy emphasis put on seniority so there's lots of people who have been working there for decades and treat you like you are young and you know absolutely nothing in the world.

I don't recommend. Really had my hopes up for this job.
Pros
Crew meals
Cons
Long hours, low pay, high seniority, short rest, jet lag, fatigue, long recruitment process
Flexible Work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC3 November 2017
It can be a great job for the right person but being s flight Attendant doesn’t suit everyone.

It can be hard work but can also be rewarding at the same time
Pros
Work was always different
Cons
Seniority
Aviation Career was varied, interesting and challenging
Cabin Crew/Purser (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD29 October 2017
Each day presented with different crew, new passengers and new Flight Crew. It began with a Crew Briefing which covered tracking Crew movement for the trip, special requirements of passengers, expected delays etc, special needs and catering, aircraft movements. Flights could sometimes be delayed due to various reasons. Positions were allocated for the duration of flights the crew were together, safety responses were verbally addressed each day. I learnt how to quickly 'read' people! Well trained to observe and notice incidences before they happened, prioritising tasks came naturally when working to flight schedules. No matter where you flew in Australia, there was always someone in an Airport you knew! Cross crewing with interstate crews meant you were always meeting new staff, constantly, and having to work together. The culture is very strong with airline crew because it almost has it's own language. The most difficult part of travelling was adjusting to time zones and keeping healthy. Most enjoyable part of this career was advancing to Purser with it's added responsibilities. As the Airline is held in high regard, you felt a sense of pride being associated with an Austrlaian Icon.
Pros
Variety, Travel, Uniforms, World Class Training, Safety Professional, Good Wages, Good Conditions.
Cons
Different time Zones, Midnight Flights, Delayed Flights, Disruption to plans, Limited meal choices.
You're just a number at Qantaslink
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 August 2017
Like all airlines you are just seen as a number who is a robot to their system. A constant roll over of staff is the norm, I had 5 managers in 3 years. Terrible shift work, long hours and no recognition.
Pros
Staff Travel
One Big Family
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
No day is the same. Every flight is a challenge even if we were flying the same destination over and over again. Everyone is well trained with respect for each and everyone's believe.
Work coliges
Title - Driver and Cabin Attendant for catering (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC5 January 2017
The job was not too difficult how ever, management and or the organisation i feel that it needs to be looked at.
And even though they clam to have a high regards to OH&S, I personally did received a number of injures that could and should have been avoided had more attention to detail had been implemented.
Pros
Discount flights
Cons
Shiftwork
An exciting and rewarding career, offering frequent opportunities to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 August 2016
I greatly enjoy working in my present position, as it allows me to develop core interpersonal skills in a dynamic workplace environment that exposes me to interactions with work colleagues and customers from a wide range of ethnic, linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Pros
Exposure to a variety of cultures
Cons
Frequent overnight shifts
Great job with good lifestyle
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 May 2016
An interesting but challenging work place but offers a great lifestyle. Working days or nights can be very long and ardous however down time after a long day can be very relaxing when away from home.
I was able to learn good customer service skills, also fine dining meal delivery and meal preparation.
Management was not always appropriate but was reasonably flexable to needs and policies.
Co-workers were a very mixed array of different personalites. Mostly fun and outgoing, well educated people.
The most difficult part of my job was staying awake and alert during long night sectors.
The most enjoyable part of my job was travelling to overseas destinations and experiencing different cultures and cuisine's.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long arduos hours
fun place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Flight Attendant) (Current Employee) –  sydney28 September 2015
MaM avaiation does look after you and very caring company. Its a contractor that provides Flight attendants to Qantas Airways and they always got your back.
Pros
aircraft food
Cons
shift work
I experienced what it was like to live the life of the rich and fortunate
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney...The world4 September 2015
One of the most challenging jobs I have undertaken. The opportunity to visit places many people only dreamed of. Truely a life of fantasy.
Flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC20 August 2015
Loved assisting customers
High grooming standard
Worked well with colleagues
Always listening
Service industry always high standard
First aid
Customer service number 1
Learning daily
Pros
Travelling and passengers
Cons
Love to work
amazing opportunity
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  brisbane, australia30 September 2014
Working for QantasLink provided a great opportunity to see Australia, work within a team but also have initiative to take responsibility if needed. Everyday was a new day with different destinations, passengers and requirements, but it allowed me to be flexible and adjust to what was needed each day. I got to learn great managerial skills when working alone or with a team to provide the best service for the customer in the safest manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making customers happy by getting them to their destination safe and in comfort.
Global cultual engagement
Senior Air Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW16 January 2014
I enjoyed working at Qantas for a number of reasons including the opportunity to engage in global culture and travel to all parts of the world. I also enjoyed engaging with customers and being responsible for their wellbeing and safety.
Exciting and restricted Environment to work within.
International Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW14 November 2013
It is a role that is always changing, required flexibility and understanding as to why products and services continuously change. Consistently working with new colleagues can be a challenge however after the first food and beverage service we are a team that cant be broken. The people that travel are a mixed bunch, excited, emotional, tired, agitated and underage, but have the same goal, get to their next destination safely with the best service available.
Pros
Being part of something truely unique
Cons
A regular shift is 17hours (2 hours on the ground, 15 airborne)
Challenging and exciting on board the aircraft
First & Business Class Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW15 October 2013
-Do a security check on board the aircraft and confirm the catering and ensure they are properly stowed
-Language skills and human relations
-self management when I am on board when serving passengers and handling customer complaints; all within company standards
-long nights are the hardest part of the job
-customer satisfaction is what I find most enjoyable
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
long nights