Qantas Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant in Melbourne VIC

3.9Pay & Benefits
3.6Job Security & Advancement
Dissapointing
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 December 2017
I currently work as CABIN CREW and I'm so disappointed in QF.

The recruitment process was exceptionally such a long wait (1 whole year of being on hold) and I finally got into the job only to realise it was totally nothing like they say it's going to be.

Like I've said, there was so much constant heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and you're constantly on your feet, especially when you have the shorter flights and there's absolutely NO time for a break during your entire day at work. They make it out to be such a wonderful amazing job and honestly guys it is so far from that. When you fly so much you notice some changes in your body and it's so hard to cope with such a terribly low wage to compensate.

There's also a lot of a crazy emphasis put on seniority so there's lots of people who have been working there for decades and treat you like you are young and you know absolutely nothing in the world.

I don't recommend. Really had my hopes up for this job.
Pros
Crew meals
Cons
Long hours, low pay, high seniority, short rest, jet lag, fatigue, long recruitment process