Qantas Management reviews

company with a good name
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 November 2018
Jobs made harder with management more focused on profit then passengers. Staff working under manned and without updated equipment, so struggle to give passengers there dream holidays.
Pros
staff travel when you can get a seat
Qantas as employer
Ramp / Cargo driver (Former Employee) –  Perth Air23 November 2018
Roster system benefits the company and not the employee, trying to get a sleep pattern is impossible and effects health and social activities.
Pay is just a minimal wage with bonuses it barely covers expenses.
Management is top heavy and not really interested in personal issues but focused on feathering their position
Training was excellent
Safety was good
Work conditions were good but had to endure all weather conditions from heavy rain to 40deg days on the tarmac.
Work is not really hard but is very repetitive, this combined with being tired from odd hours means mistakes occasionally happen.
Enjoyed interaction with other staff as they were all friendly and supportive to get the job done.
Pros
Cheap business seat flights - if available
Cons
7 day roster and hours
Flexible and enjoyable workplace with friendly team members
School Based Traineeship (Former Employee) –  Alexandria NSW, Mascot NSW12 November 2018
A typical day at work at the Qantas offices involved a range of administration duties such as filing, printing, laminating, organising and assisting others, as well as computer based duties.

What I learned was how to use various machines, strong teamwork skills and what is expected of an office workplace.

Management at the Qantas offices comprised of effective allocation of employee skills such as mine with regard to my tasks undertaken and listening to employee feedback to reach effective productivity.

The workplace culture at the offices was amazing, as I made new friends and connections within the aviation and hospitality industry.

The hardest part of the job was adapting to new workplace experiences such as computer interaction and overcoming communication barriers by reaching new confidence levels.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a range of people that were both committed and welcoming, as well as good mentors to guide me through the workplace and job requirements.
Pros
Gaining experience to kickstart my career into the aviation industry.
Cons
Missing out on school days and study commitments.
Reasonable
Duty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA28 October 2018
Average working environment poor work life balance good staff management relations stable and consistent working conditions unsociable working hours good training availablilty
Pros
Good stability
Cons
Poor work life balance
Best Company I have ever worked
Catering Assistant and OH&S Committee member (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW27 September 2018
Best Company I have ever worked. The management, staff, work place environment, cultural diversity practicing is spectacular. Its won strategy attract any one to work with.
Excellent
Treasury Settlements Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 July 2018
Although I was only on a 12 month contact, working at Qantas was excellent. Good people, Management good and I'm going to miss the place once my contract ends.
Good if you're looking to mostly work on your free days
Baggage Handler Casual (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 July 2018
the hardest part of the job is the shift work it can mess up your sleeping pattern, management is very polite and understanding, very cruisy and easy job if you don't have other commitments such as uni, or anything that requires a lot of your spare time
Pros
Good people, good benefits, easy job
Cons
early hours, shift work, hard to balance with something such as uni
Great Benefits, poor culture and management
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD13 June 2018
Working for Qantas, you get great staff benefits with discounted flights, industry discounts and interesting training. However, management don't treat their staff well. They often manipulate younger staff into high stress and fatigue levels, make promises of work-life balance and then change their mind and force staff back into unsafe levels of work. Would recommend going with other airlines to really get a good idea of what being a flight attendant is like.
overal goos place to work
Airline Services Orderly (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC6 May 2018
24/7 roster, loading unloading aircraft with heavy freight, the ability to load and restrain heavy freight, push aircraft and use heavy machinery to load aircraft and supervise loading of aircraft ,management is very good and understanding, work culture can be difficult sometimes, hardest part of the jobs is the rotating shift rosters.
enjoyable is watching a fully loaded aircraft take off
Pros
i can earn good money putting in long hours
Cons
very low hourly rate, not very family friendly roster
A fun place to work with all meals provided
Payroll Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD21 March 2018
Qantas Flight Catering is a busy work environment with a very good culture. A good Management structure is in place and some roles provide a career path.
Pros
Free meals and great people to work with
Cons
Airport traffic to and from work.
Highlight of my career
Executive Assistant/Personnel Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 March 2018
I loved my job at Qantas.

Showing my age here, until a year before I resigned the office staff didn't have computers. Everything was done on paper.

My position was as a Executive Assistant, I started in the Engineering department and finished in the Human Resources department.

Uniforms were provided which I might add were lovely. At the time I can remember feeling very proud to wear the Qantas uniform and work with amazing people.

To be honest the hardest part of the job was resigning when I was due to have our son. To this day, I am incredibly proud that I got to work in this industry and meet some amazing people.
Pros
Pride in working for Qantas
Cons
Resigning
A dynamic and challenging workplace
Manager Load Control Operations (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 March 2018
- I was able to move up the ranks from Customer Service to a leadership position. There was the ability to move to other areas and departments, and work your way higher in the company.
- Working in an operational environment was challenging and dynamic, with no two days the same.
- There was extensive change the entire time I was with the company and at times this was unsettling.
- Continually changing management made it difficult to develop a good working relationship and sometime department goals were unclear and not fully developed.
- The team I work with were close and generally worked well together.
Freight Ground Services
Freight services (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW6 February 2018
Absolutely shambles, unprofessional and total chaotic recruitment system. I went through the vetting process for about 12 months and advised all was okay...only to be deleted from the system. There is no human cohesion from management to shop floor. The guys at the freight warehouse are doing their best under the circumstances. Business management and administration is flawed. The mission and vision is quite the opposite of application. I was looking forward to working for QF and hoped for better things. Disappointed, really. I took a gamble on staying with workplacement agency or QF. I chose latter and suffered loss. Sad cos I like the agency staff but I turned my back on them and got shafted by QF recruitment.
Pros
Meet good people on the shop floor with interesting backgrounds
Cons
Bad supervisors promoting bad management directives
Poorly Treated
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 January 2018
I did enjoy working at Qantas but found that I was treated like a another number in the organisation. Hard work is not rewarded and there is no loyalty from Management.
Great culture
Management (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia18 January 2018
great culture
Strong management
good strategy
great benefits
I have enjoyed career progression and leadership opportunities.
Strong company leadership, focused on the right things.
Cabin dressing & baggage ramp services
Cleaner/ ramp services (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Airport13 January 2018
High management does not see who is hard working & who is not. You are intimidated to join a union. The people keep to themselves work is work and family is family 90% there is no socializing after work. They do not give referees only a certificate of service meaning how many years you have work there making it difficult to attain work in same or other industries.shift work is hard on health.A culture of who you know for a promotion. Although, this was 12 years things may have improved.You find most staff are willing to convert from full time to any hours 1 or 2 rather taking redundancy eg ANSETT Airlines.
Pros
Cleaning continuus vomit & feaces.
Cons
No free immunizations for hepA, b, c, malaria or other overseas viruss etc
Good Place to work
Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Sydney10 January 2018
Good place to work if you can handle the shift work.Staff culture is good. Management are big on safety. Lots of training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Shift Work
Poor
Manager Airport Servcies, South Australia (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA8 January 2018
Would not recommend working at qantas ,extremely poor culture . Managememnt only promoting because of diversity not talent . Unions still allowed to bully in the workplace. Management really weak.
Pros
Staff travel
Cons
Unions, Jobs for the boys
Family Oriented
Customer Services Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport NSW7 November 2017
Everyday is different, you have good days and bad days. Bad Days are due to weather, plane delayed or aircraft under repair.
I enjoy every moment that i worked for Qantas , especially at Sydney International Terminal. The friendships that I have made with the staff members and management and the people that we are able to help and put a smile and assurance to ordinary everyday people/ customers are absolutely rewarding.
We are all from different culture background and beliefs however we stand together in wanting to help and ease the customers mindset in and assuring they have a pleasant and enjoyable trips
Pros
Cheap Airfares
Cons
shifts hours
I love working front counter at the airport
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD25 October 2017
Great company to work for, handle delays better than anyone, management very open with communication, very bad a dealing with non performing staff but always ready to praise good working staff
Pros
Job security and staff travel
Cons
Hours you work