Qantas Pay & Benefits reviews

great culture
Strong management
good strategy
great benefits
I have enjoyed career progression and leadership opportunities.
Strong company leadership, focused on the right things.
Great Airline within a great Industry
SENIOR AIRLINE SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport SA16 January 2018
I loved my time with Australian Airlines then Qantas. Worked with great people some more challenging than others. As a supervisor had the opportunity to lead from the front to achieve excellent customer service and a reputation as the best ground handling airport in our network.
Many challenges everyday faced and met and overcome.
Times are changing and full time work within the airline industry is virtually non existent today which is a real shame because this was a great career.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Shift work life balance was testing but challenging
management is strict but thats a good thing..
Catering firm (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Australia6 January 2018
management is strict but that's a good thing..workers are well decipline and workplace is clean and safe..fun workplace with excellent salary and benefits.i learned many things specially because my workmates have different nationalities..there's white, black, kiwi, chinnese , indian people and many more and lots of them can't even speak straight english ..i meet many kinds of people good and bad and lots of racist also but as years go by i got used to it..and my favorite part during that time is when we were all singing while busy working..
Pros
free meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks..
Cons
early hours
Life of Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 December 2017
A long day in the office for long haul flights.
Always work with a mixture of different crew members, so very social job especially when you land somewhere new.
I love working front counter at the airport
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD25 October 2017
Great company to work for, handle delays better than anyone, management very open with communication, very bad a dealing with non performing staff but always ready to praise good working staff
Pros
Job security and staff travel
Cons
Hours you work
Place of Qantas
Fleet Presentation (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 October 2017
Good place to work at but I’m suitable for IT/office type work as that’s where my main focus in career wise is heading, back to qantas, The benefits and all is good everything’s fine besides dealing with drama people but that’s life you get it anywhere you go however it’s jist amazing how the whole system works with your luggage to the plane and how clean the aircrafts become once the customers come off and all it’s a good experience
Pros
Free box of fruit for everyone every fridays
Cons
5 Hours to 7 and a half Hour shifts rotating roster
Staff travel
resource coordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth Airport WA13 September 2017
Great company to work for with good benefits, Is a very stressful and busy environment to work in at times. Many outside influences that impact on the work environment eg: weather, schedules staff sickness & dealing with the public in a fast moving environment. Need to be able to think on your feet and to resolve problems effectively & instantly.
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Shift work
Terrible place to work
QGS groundstaff (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 July 2017
There are 2 sets of unions. 1 for the old and 1 for the new. the new get paid less , with less benefits but work harder.
You need to pay $600 for physical , go through an online course (12 subjects) and pass a forklift assessment all on your time. Once you pass all this , they think you will not leave.
You will not be working on aeroplanes , as they say. (this is for the old only) . You will be working mainly in the "mail room' , this is a brain dead job just lifting bags all day.
You will be working every weekend , lucky to get 1 out of every 8 off.
The place has a very bad culture , if you are not Friends or are family of the leading hands you will be subject to all the bad jobs.
They have a very large turn around of staff. Qantas has a really good airline name , and they are taking advantage of this ! If you dont believe me look at the history of their adds. They continually advertise for staff. Management do not listen or care. they say you will work 40hrs , but they are cutting that back to 25hrs. If your still going to go ahead with applying , speak to the interviewers about all of above . They will confirm all is true.
Pros
cheap standby tickets after 6 months of work
Cons
working weekends, bad culture, midnight shifts, unfair practices, two unions
multicultural organisation
SPECIAL MEALS CATERING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth WA23 June 2017
amazing place to work
autonomous work
divided work load
leaves
free meals throughout the day
spacious car park
security in the campus
supportive team leaders
Pros
free lunches
Good place to work, maginificent training.
Ground Staff Qantaslink (Current Employee) –  Port Lincoln21 March 2017
Training was really professional. Good place to work, good management, pay rate is good. Hours aren't very good where I live though.we need more flights and passengers
Pros
Pay, training
Cons
Hours
productive
porter (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2017
good place to work, friendly people but the hours of working was no good only 4hrs a day but overall was a good experience working at the airport
workplace and workload
Porter (Former Employee) –  Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport NSW6 November 2016
this workplace is pretty laid back and easy as long as the work gets done. a few grumpy people in the work place but that's to be expected. is a bonus if you have your forklift license
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours
Productive & fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VICTORIA23 October 2016
Good place, enjoying preparing foods for the flights, good & friendly people. Safe & clean workplace. Enjoy working with team. Helpful people.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Seven hours
spacious and big working area
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 August 2016
It's been a pleasure working with them most of the time. The workplace is awesome and clean, highly maintained with great staff and friendly environment. There are a lot to learn each day, since
you will be assigned in one area to another, which seemed to me very interesting. In regards to the management, it's quite amazing
because they are always open to some ideas, suggestions and
above all complaints and recommendations pertaining to any problems and serious situations that needs their immediate response.Although the hardest part of the job is all about a shift work rotation, but eventually I get used to it already. The most part of the job is the benefits and privileges you feel that you are working in Qantas (Catering) the name itself, has a status in the community.

Lastly, we all know that each one of us , came to work and we could certainly ask why ?

" TO EARN A LIVING ... "
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
car park is $20.00 fees / a week
excellent working conditions.Great team.
Customer Service Agent / Baggage Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Australia19 May 2016
Qantas would have to be my favorite job of all time. They pay well. good working environment. Great benefits. great training
Pros
Staff travel is fantastic
Cons
Shift work
Great benefits
Secretary/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 April 2016
Some days there was pressure, but not everyday.
Learned how to deal with customers
Management styles varied
Mixed ethnicity of co-workers made for an interesting work environment.
Hardest part of the job, dealing with unhelpful supervisors
Most enjoyable part of the job, being able to use initiative.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
The attitude of some management/supervisors
great team and training
Lounge Runner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC28 March 2016
very good rotating roster and job training very great.
team members very friendly.
I learn a lot about new things, knowledge about flight schedules and airlines knowledge.
Pros
staff lunch, free staff car park, uniform
fun with my collegues
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine VIC28 February 2016
Lifting 550-650 bags a day averaging between 20-30 kilos each is really a hard work someday are hard than normal, someday is easy. the enjoyable part is working with my workmates and having a laugh together.
Pros
cheap flights
Cons
starting late.
Every day was different and challenging, but personally rewarding
OHS training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport, WA21 October 2015
I was responsible for the day to day running of Safety, Training, Property Management & Workers Compensation.
I enjoyed the interaction with the "coal face" employees and direction/ culture that I personally took charge of.
My job was made redundant due to company cut backs.
Pros
Discounted airfares
shift work
Airline Service Operator (Former Employee) –  adelaide16 June 2015
a large company with many avenues. A big change in airline industry.Many benefits from working in the airline but also away from the family a a lot.