Qantas Employee Review

Flexible and enjoyable workplace with friendly team members
School Based Traineeship (Former Employee) –  Alexandria NSW, Mascot NSW12 November 2018
A typical day at work at the Qantas offices involved a range of administration duties such as filing, printing, laminating, organising and assisting others, as well as computer based duties.

What I learned was how to use various machines, strong teamwork skills and what is expected of an office workplace.

Management at the Qantas offices comprised of effective allocation of employee skills such as mine with regard to my tasks undertaken and listening to employee feedback to reach effective productivity.

The workplace culture at the offices was amazing, as I made new friends and connections within the aviation and hospitality industry.

The hardest part of the job was adapting to new workplace experiences such as computer interaction and overcoming communication barriers by reaching new confidence levels.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a range of people that were both committed and welcoming, as well as good mentors to guide me through the workplace and job requirements.
Pros
Gaining experience to kickstart my career into the aviation industry.
Cons
Missing out on school days and study commitments.

Other Qantas Employee Reviews

Dynamic, young and international
Engineering intern in fleet development department (Former Employee) –  New South Wales11 May 2019
As an international intern, I had the opportunity to work autonomously on an interesting project, with the support of an entire team. Very enriching as a first mid/long-term professional experience
Big comercial kitchen.
CASUAL CHEF (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 January 2019
A big commercial kitchen with various departments, such as purchasing, receiving, storing, cooking, packing, Menu planning and also make the food as per the customer special diet.