Qantas Employee Review

Dissapointing
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 December 2017
I currently work as CABIN CREW and I'm so disappointed in QF.

The recruitment process was exceptionally such a long wait (1 whole year of being on hold) and I finally got into the job only to realise it was totally nothing like they say it's going to be.

Like I've said, there was so much constant heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and you're constantly on your feet, especially when you have the shorter flights and there's absolutely NO time for a break during your entire day at work. They make it out to be such a wonderful amazing job and honestly guys it is so far from that. When you fly so much you notice some changes in your body and it's so hard to cope with such a terribly low wage to compensate.

There's also a lot of a crazy emphasis put on seniority so there's lots of people who have been working there for decades and treat you like you are young and you know absolutely nothing in the world.

I don't recommend. Really had my hopes up for this job.
Pros
Crew meals
Cons
Long hours, low pay, high seniority, short rest, jet lag, fatigue, long recruitment process

Other Qantas Employee Reviews

Great people, Challenging enviroment, Rewarding
Line Maintenance Manager - WA (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 June 2019
An environment t that requires the best of its people in a challenging ever changing environment.
Aviation industry is constantly changing in its area of growth and development while being at the forefront of technology change. This creates a challenging environment who operate within the organisation. requiring a high level of collaboration arcross various sectors of operations to ensure the customer expectation are met.

My time with Qantas both challenged me and was rewarding, being able to develop and grow individuals to meet both company and self expectations. to be able to make a difference in the culture and grow the business, in remote WA.
brilliant employer
Ground crew aircraft cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 June 2019
great job demanding staff and management always there to help out best employer I have had great training free meals good pay free flights for employees
Pros
free meals uniforms free flights
Cons
lots of overtime