Qantas Employee Reviews

Flexible hours
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  MELBOURNE VICTORIA27 August 2016
-An extremely busy environment handling approx 70 calls per day and under pressure to meet kpi.
- Developed skills in phone technique.
- Most difficult part of job - dealing with difficult clients.
-Little time to interact with co workers
spacious and big working area
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 August 2016
It's been a pleasure working with them most of the time. The workplace is awesome and clean, highly maintained with great staff and friendly environment. There are a lot to learn each day, since
you will be assigned in one area to another, which seemed to me very interesting. In regards to the management, it's quite amazing
because they are always open to some ideas, suggestions and
above all complaints and recommendations pertaining to any problems and serious situations that needs their immediate response.Although the hardest part of the job is all about a shift work rotation, but eventually I get used to it already. The most part of the job is the benefits and privileges you feel that you are working in Qantas (Catering) the name itself, has a status in the community.

Lastly, we all know that each one of us , came to work and we could certainly ask why ?

" TO EARN A LIVING ... "
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
car park is $20.00 fees / a week
An exciting and rewarding career, offering frequent opportunities to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 August 2016
I greatly enjoy working in my present position, as it allows me to develop core interpersonal skills in a dynamic workplace environment that exposes me to interactions with work colleagues and customers from a wide range of ethnic, linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Pros
Exposure to a variety of cultures
Cons
Frequent overnight shifts
I ejnoyed working at QANTAS
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 July 2016
I left QANTAS because they brought out a contract stating they can terminate you the following day and that made me nervous.
Supportive Employer
Safety Adviser (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 June 2016
My current role has exposed me to a diverse range of hazards and risks within different operational business units.
I work with the business to assist in devising suitable control measures to reduce the risks within the business so that employees are working in the safest possible way.
I assist the business with investigations and help identify areas of improvement.
I work with a highly skilled team, and enjoy talking 'safety' with my safety colleaugues to share ideas and solutions.
It can be hard to define cost effective and implementable solutions however very rewarding when we do.
In my current role, I have been afforded the opportunity to fulfill the safety manager role and coordinate the safety team, and participate in regional discussions.
Pros
Staff travel, working around aircraft
Cons
minimal opportunities for career progression
excellent working conditions.Great team.
Customer Service Agent / Baggage Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Australia19 May 2016
Qantas would have to be my favorite job of all time. They pay well. good working environment. Great benefits. great training
Pros
Staff travel is fantastic
Cons
Shift work
Challenging and rewarding
Acting Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alice Springs NT18 May 2016
An incredibly fulfilling challenging and rewarding career,
everyday presents with a new set of challenges and even the most ordinary of days gives the opportunity to interact with passengers from every possible walk of life. One learns to deal with many and varies customer issues from disabilities both extreme and delicate to minor and major flight delays affecting hundreds of passengers that all need to be resolved in a professional caring and empathetic manner.
The company always provides excellent training which I believe is an extremely important basis for all good customer service.
Pros
excellent HR support
Cons
Long and varied hours, delays
Great job with good lifestyle
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 May 2016
An interesting but challenging work place but offers a great lifestyle. Working days or nights can be very long and ardous however down time after a long day can be very relaxing when away from home.
I was able to learn good customer service skills, also fine dining meal delivery and meal preparation.
Management was not always appropriate but was reasonably flexable to needs and policies.
Co-workers were a very mixed array of different personalites. Mostly fun and outgoing, well educated people.
The most difficult part of my job was staying awake and alert during long night sectors.
The most enjoyable part of my job was travelling to overseas destinations and experiencing different cultures and cuisine's.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long arduos hours
nice workplace
Lounge attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 May 2016
it was a fast paced workplace with different people every day. A fun filled environment and I learned the basic of hospitality. Good mentors like my supervisors and mangers always approachable.
very fun work place
1, LEADING HAND (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 April 2016
awesome company to work very good. the people i work with very freind nujnkj hnfhfnfjhfh hhdhdhdhdhdh nfnnnnnnnnnnnn jdjfjfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
A pleasure to work here
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mascot, NSW15 April 2016
It was always a pleasure to go to work here. The culture was vibrant and everyone I knew enjoyed their jobs thoroughly. I wish I had never left.
Great people
PRICING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Bowen Hills QLD8 April 2016
The day always started with friendly greetings. The work was very interesting and there was never a dull day. I loved working there!
Great benefits
Secretary/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 April 2016
Some days there was pressure, but not everyday.
Learned how to deal with customers
Management styles varied
Mixed ethnicity of co-workers made for an interesting work environment.
Hardest part of the job, dealing with unhelpful supervisors
Most enjoyable part of the job, being able to use initiative.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
The attitude of some management/supervisors
Great place to work!
AME – Mechanical (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW2 April 2016
I quite enjoyed my time working at Qlink, Tamworth. It was a really good experience working within a group of so many talented engineers at an iconic company such as Qantas.
Pros
Gaining a fair amount of valuable Q400 heavy maintenance experience.
Cons
Tamworth's freezing winter mornings.
flight benefits not for casuals
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Mascot NSW30 March 2016
it was ok, made friends.the management seemed out of their capacity at times. the airline industry is organised chaos.
great team and training
Lounge Runner (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Airport VIC28 March 2016
very good rotating roster and job training very great.
team members very friendly.
I learn a lot about new things, knowledge about flight schedules and airlines knowledge.
Pros
staff lunch, free staff car park, uniform
Great company staffed by dedicated professionals.
Fleet Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 March 2016
A great company with long history of high standards built on previous generations of highly trained and dedicated people. The challenge is to maintain those standards in a modern highly competitive world.
Pros
Generally good pay and conditions, staff travel when seats are available.
Cons
Being a large company you sometimes feel you're just a number.
Dynamic place to work, great co workers
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 March 2016
Enjoyed over 15 wonderful years. Built amazing relationships and achieved so much over my employment. I enjoyed working in a changing environment and having to think on my feet.
Worst place ive ever worked
AME(Avionics) -Full Time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC14 March 2016
Company full of discrimination and bias. Any legitimate problems or concerns swept under the carpet to your detriment.

A criminal organisation.
Opportunities for advancement
Personal tax consultant (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS13 March 2016
A great, fun place to work with excellent training and job opportunities. On the down side you had to book leave 18 months in advance.
Pros
Cheap flights
Cons
Shift work