Qantas Employee Reviews

Great place to work with a great group of professionals.
Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW16 December 2014
The concerts industry is fast paced one and definitely not orthodox in its practices.

Sponsorships generate a big part of the revenue and it's been interesting to experience this side of the business.

The days are long but filled with excitement as the teams prep up for the main event.
Pros
Free concerts
Physically demanding
Fleet Presentation (Former Employee) –  Sydney11 December 2014
Ran to strict timelines in getting cabins cleaned and ready for each flight.

Teamwork and punctuality key factors, aswell as adversity.

Hardest part was working in all weather conditions and strict timelines under pressure in a physically demanding role.

Most enjoyable part was getting to work behind the scenes of the INTL airport and inside airliners.
Pros
Cheap Travel
Cons
Long Hours
Dedicated to safety
Senior Load Controller (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW29 November 2014
My days are varied and dependant on a number of factors which are constantly changing.
Aircraft delays due to weather conditions, unserviceable aircraft, airport delays all impact my job.
This position enables me to learn new things about the abilities and limitations on a variety of aircraft types almost on a daily basis.
Although we work on flights individually, my department very much functions as a team when things do start to go wrong, which my management encourages.
I work shift work which is 24/7 which is difficult on occasions, especially Christmas time and the holiday season. In saying that, I have been a shift worker for 26 years so I mustn't mind it too much.
Each day I dispatch many flights, knowing that I have done my very best to ensure each flight departs safely and on time...that makes it all worth while.
Pros
Opportunity to travel, having days off through the week, no traffic
Cons
very early starts. Working on public holidays
Productive workplace
Ramp and Baggage (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD28 November 2014
Fast paced busy enviroment where working as a team is a must.
Loading planes with all checked baggage, accounting for all checked bags making sure they are loaded correctly and safely into the aircrafts.
Pros
great comradery with workmates
Cons
some very early starts
Productive and fun place to work interesting
AME (Former Employee) –  sydney25 November 2014
Performed overhaul, rectification, servicing, maintenance and certification on company and client Aero Engines and equipment.
Managed a team of 10 plus maintenance engineers and workers
Performed engine overhaul, maintenance, servicing and repair as per manufacturers and company specification to a very high standard on and off the aircraft. Worked in a team environment and learned to work the variety of engine types.Certain concept and procedures.Travelling on and off work challenges and out post and overseas.
Pros
Industry benefits
Cons
long Hours, Shift pattern, week ends
A Good Day Working With Qantas.
Stock Investigation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mascot NSW15 November 2014
We always start with a toolbox meeting on what happened yesterday and things to do. We updates any news or changes about work and discuss any safety incidents. As we start going to our desk and start out work we prepare our scanners and tools needed for work. We do the system inventory check that gives as the location automatically to check and inspect. we count and scan the barcodes as our entry to the data system. The hardest part of the job is when we have a system breakdown and cannot perform our daily task and to do the check manually. We work as a team and coordinate with our managers if there are any incidents and changes to our work or task for the day. I enjoy working with a team as I help them on their task and the time goes very quick as we work together.
Pros
Staff Travel Discount
Cons
Diverse work environment with great opportunities
Principal Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mascot Jet Base13 November 2014
What started as 1 month contract, turned into a 15 year career with Qantas. I worked as clerical admin, business improvement analyst, production planner and principal technical specialist. I've had great opportunities to travel overseas and represent Qantas as technical documentation trainer and assessor. There are many highlights to my career, but I will always remember the people I worked with across many different areas of Qantas Engineering and Maintenance. I still believe that Qantas is a great place to work, however my career path is taking me in a different direction.
Pros
Integrated and cooperative work environment, great people to work with
Cons
Shift work is OK when young and single, definite impact on lifestyle.
Qantas Staff are Excellent
Supervisor Ground Operations (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport31 October 2014
In my opinion, the staff were the best to get along with. There are safety concerns working around aircraft.

Qantas provides and understanding environment for its employees.
Pros
People
Cons
Chemical Pollution
Great Place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney24 October 2014
Fantastic people and friendly learning environment. Everyone is very motivating.
Health and fitness with outdoor pool
Administration Customer service officer & driver (Former Employee) –  tullamarine11 October 2014
you would need to be helpful and positive from the moment you step in the door in order for clients to meet their goals and to look up to someone for positive reinforcement.

Learnt that anything is possible for the current moment.

A happy environment amongst all the offices.

Always looking forward to there holidays

Talking about nutrition to someone who isn't going to go near it

Seeing individuals meet their goals
Pros
free gym
Cons
range of shifts
An excellent empoyer
Customer Services Agent. Ramp Services Operater (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD10 October 2014
I worked for Qantas for nearly 18 years, and found the work to be both rewarding and satisfying. During my time I worked as Leading Hand, and a Customer Services Agent. The Qantas culture was strongly safety orientated and employee feedback encouraged. Physically it was a demanding job which helped in maintaining a high fitness level. Dealing with the public was both challenging and rewarding. Certainly job satisfaction was greater as a Customer Service Agent
Pros
Stability of job, staff travel benefits, salary and working conditions
Cons
Long hours and sacrifices to family life
Fun and organised well company
Canberra airport/ Floor runner and barista and bar (Current Employee) –  ACT7 October 2014
good job to be and all the peers are so nice and friendly to me.
amazing opportunity
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  brisbane, australia30 September 2014
Working for QantasLink provided a great opportunity to see Australia, work within a team but also have initiative to take responsibility if needed. Everyday was a new day with different destinations, passengers and requirements, but it allowed me to be flexible and adjust to what was needed each day. I got to learn great managerial skills when working alone or with a team to provide the best service for the customer in the safest manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making customers happy by getting them to their destination safe and in comfort.
Challenging with job satisfaction and recognition.
Snr LAME (Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Sydney and Avalon Airports18 September 2014
For many years we were considered "World's Best " in Engineering and our reputation was second to none. Staff were well trained and proud of 'our' company. We had respect from fellow employees and the public. The past 10 years has seen a major transformation in the company direction through 'new age' management. This has led to a reduction in training, skills and job security and as well as confidence in current management. Many jobs have now been sent offshore and skills and quality have been impacted. Legacy engineers are proud of our past achievements but the determination by the company to reduce costs and seek alternate , cheaper manpower overseas, has seen the loss of "worlds best practice" and public satisfaction. It is a great diverse company to work for, if you are not in the firing line. It offers many opportunities to grow your skills; meet and work with some very talented people. It places 'Safety' before 'Schedule' to ensure we all go home each day to our families. It ensures we all get to celebrate the company achievements and continually challenges us to grow and improve. Our rewards are recognition of a job well done. I would always encourage people to apply to this great Australian company.
Pros
Talent pool, staff travel benefits, well paid position with responsibilities.
Cons
Early starts in harsh conditions to meet schedule
loved the children
cleaner/stores person (Former Employee) –  Perth Airport, WA16 September 2014
was a great job, I went in at lunch time and prepared the childrens lunches, then sat and read stories to them as the other aids had there lunch. was great as I was able to take me children in with me
Pros
got to take my children with me
Cons
the hours where suitable
Great experience, loved interacting with passengers & Qlink staff/cabin crew
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Horn Island31 August 2014
Every day was unpredictable and each challenge i gained more experience & definitely confidence. The hardest part being employed by Qantaslink was not being able to meet up to customer satifisfaction * Note delays/grounded Qlink planes. What i had enjoyed most about working with Qantaslik was interacting with passengers whilst providing the best to my ability of customer service in a great working team environment.
Pros
Gaining Experience.
Cons
Long hours (Delays)
I loved what I did.
Senior Officer (Former Employee) –  Mascot14 August 2014
A typical day for me meant a lot of investigating and clearing. I was in charge of all the overseas accounts.
Pros
Kept me going!
Cons
None really.
I Enjoyed working at Airport & seeing Aircraft landing and taking off.
High Lift Truck/ Airline services operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Domestic Airport, NSW7 August 2014
I enjoyed working for qantas and Caterair , I developed so much skills and knowledge , I was treated with dignity and respect by management , I learned working together as team can achieve any goal , Friendly people and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job wasn't really hard it was challenging for me making sure cleaning the aircraft in a tight scheduled time frame .
I was treated right.
Pros
Equal Opportunity. Gratitude by management .
Qantas a great company to work for
Airline Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Adelaide Airport5 August 2014
Working for Qantas/Q-Catering was one of the most professional companies I have worked for.
Management, staff support, skill development and safety was second to none.
The work environment and culture was very healthy and you always had a sense of belonging to the company as apposed to it just being a workplace, which made it very enjoyable to be a part and a former employee of Qantas.
Pros
Staff Support, Work Environment, Management, Training, Staff Travel
Cons
Shift Work, very early start and some late finishes, but the pros out number the cons 10 fold
fun workplace
Kitchen hand and Food Handling (Former Employee) –  Fyshwick, ACT26 June 2014
I liked it, but I found myself so damm hard whilst other talk smack about other employees lol....Funny how I could hear everything they said and I ignored....washing everything while they were just standing there, eating the leftovers from the front..lol...
Pros
free taste lol
Cons
Having paid for parking at the airport..