Qantas Employee Reviews

Interesting job that kept you busy
ENGINEERING/FLEET PRESENTATION - DATA COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Sydney18 June 2014
Turn on computer and then its go go go until the end of the day
The different types of software and how important triage and perfection and exact information is needed to file the report,if not problems may occur.
Easy to talk to. Listened when you have a problem. But at the time I was there they needed more staff, not less.
Co-workers were the best I have ever worked with. So friendly and helpful, and pitched in when we were on a deadline and had back logs.
Deadlines--no overtime given so you worked in your own time to try to catch up thru no fault of your own.
Very interesting job, people you worked with, social and kept informed of things we needed to know with-in safety and our job.
Pros
If you had an appointment or you were late or you wanted to go early, you could make up the time later.
Cons
Not enough staff for the work load, so if we were behind it was our fault
Staff Travel
FLEET PRESENTATION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW18 June 2014
Cleaning inside planes after landing to present to standards of Qantas. On the go all day.
We need to able to work well together and to help each other to get a job done properly and on time.
We all found that management saw us as a number not a person.
Its the first job I have been in that all not all co-workers thought of the job but themselves. But when you found the workers, we got along well which made work easier.
Up and down stairs and on hot aircrafts bending, twisting,streching,lifting, and damaging your bodies for up to hour and a half, then getting little or no rest then we are on another aircraft.
The job was easy to do but it was hard as well.Payday and the friends you made.
Pros
Staff Travel and overtime
Cons
Hard working on hot planes and stairs
Load Controller (Former Employee) –  Mascot Sydney7 June 2014
Management need to be more pro-active with employees without hiding anything
Pros
Staff Travel
Cons
Not knowing when you are going to be retrenched anytime
Working for another National company and serve it well
Freight Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perth WA5 June 2014
Having progressed through the Airline and Freight industry, I achieved many personal and professional goals, Qantas is going through a time of change and I accept change and move with it. I do not have the same confidence in the company as I have had before and that is an important aspect of wanting to stay with the company.
I believe in change and I progress with it. Now is the time to change direction with my career to use and share the knowledge and experience I have gained to better myself.
Experiencing work satisfaction is the ultimate and I have been able to achieve this on a daily basis.
Working with a variety of people with different personalities and attitudes makes each day different in a positive way. Experiencing a great team effort makes it all worthwhile.
While there are operational directives from central Head Office I feel that local management have no say whatsoever in the running of their own state which I feel is a lack of confidence in the management team. It is not a situation I totally agree with.
Pros
Experiencing work satisfaction in with a great group of co-workers
Cons
None to mention. There are both good and bad days.
Gained great experience and was supported all the way.
OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine Vic26 May 2014
38 Hr working week,
Great benefits,
supportive managers,
friendly environment
Excellent Safety culture
Hardest part: business transformation (redundancies)
Enjoyable part: great rewards
the work place was like a family
Airline operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD19 May 2014
i learnt computer skills and met alot of different people from all airlines and companies
Pros
resonably priced travel
Cons
sometimes long hours and working 3 weekends a month but thats the job
exciting environment
Freight Resources and OHS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth14 May 2014
Ever changing role
Only left because I emigrated
enjoyed the technical side as state of the art
Clean work Environment
Stock Clerk / Store Person (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD13 May 2014
Great well trained dedicated friendly people a pleasure to work with all of them. Very Safety Oriented Company... Great Safety Record they invented the word. The cleanest work place I have ever seen well organised. Lots of equipment to make the job easy for all employees.
Pros
Clean well organised enviroment
Cons
Lay offs made me leave
Dynamic, fun, fast paced learning and working environment
Digital Design Internship (Former Employee) –  Sydney6 May 2014
I engaged in a volunteer digital design role with Qantas loyalty, a large dynamic organization. With focuses on EDMs and banner design. I worked with minimal supervision and was responsible for managing workflow, meeting deadlines and liaised with management and clients via email and in person.

Over all the experience was enjoyable and beneficial, I was mentored by great management and friendly and supportive team. I enjoyed the challenge of managing work load and reaching deadlines.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team of friendly, dedicated professionals.
Pros
I loved the job
Cons
lack of income
empresa muy buena para trabajar
supervissor general mantenance (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW25 April 2014
una empresa con muchos requisitos y muy buena para trabajar
very nice company to work with
Offshore support Aircraft Production (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW24 April 2014
I am currently a Maintenance Production Planner and I learned all different types of Aircraft. I enjoyed working with my workmates very much. All are very helpfull and well respected.
Pros
Discounted trips
Cons
Stand by on trips
Good company to work for
Industry and Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mascot, NSW11 April 2014
Our Sales department is very busy and we work well both as individuals and as part of the team. Great and passionate people work at this company.
Pros
Travel benefits
productive day
Food & Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  tullamarine3 April 2014
pleasing costumers was the main concern with this job. They are wanting to enjoy and relax before they travel, and providing this service was catered for.
Rotation of food and prep was the key jobs aswell and serving alcohol and taking control of OHS.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shorter breaks
Great Componey to work for .
Store person (Former Employee) –  Tullamarine, VIC30 March 2014
Working hard to achieve best results without time delay .
Team work is most important .
I had one of the best Mangers ever .
People i worked with were great , I made some very special friends . The hardest part of my job was having to say goodbye.
Pros
Lots of Trainning
Cons
Working to a roster
Very diverse
Senior Professional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW and Fisherman's Bend Vic26 March 2014
Had the opportunity to work and manage several projects within BOEING
Experience gained was second to none
Great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge
Pros
Pro-active management
Cons
An ever changing dynamic industry
PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mascot19 March 2014
An interesting place to work for as the aviation environment is forever changing. This poses continuous challenges as no two projects are ever the same.
Pros
Variation of projects
Cons
lower pay than industry averages and uncertainity of avaition future
great company with great career opitunities
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Mascot, NSW4 February 2014
great company with a good work ethic....working with good people in a fun environment with lots of opportunities too expand yourself
Global cultual engagement
Senior Air Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW16 January 2014
I enjoyed working at Qantas for a number of reasons including the opportunity to engage in global culture and travel to all parts of the world. I also enjoyed engaging with customers and being responsible for their wellbeing and safety.
Aircraft repairs work
Tradesman in the Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Sydney Perth Brisbane13 January 2014
Hardest part was working around the clock on major repairs with limited resources
Productive Workplace with Job satisfaction and Comraderie within the entire organisation.
Senior Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney Jet Base9 January 2014
A typical day at work is reviewing compliance issues with current regulations and conducting investigations into anomalies found .
What Qantas has taught me is to be a team player within the organisation and have responsibility.
Management allows team members to actively be involved in decision making,also encourage team members to be actively involved and are extremely friendly.
My co-workers are friends and everyone plays a part in the everyday running of the business.
The hardest part of the job is historical records to review.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a very dynamic environment with a sense of achievement at the end of every day.
Pros
Discounted air travel.