Qatar Airways Employee Reviews

productive with variety culture workplace with library
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Doha18 June 2019
well i usually work in a different shifts started between an early morning shift like 7 am or late shifts at 12 pm however before i started my work i make sure prepare all my working tools, my bottle of water, open my computer and launch the Amadeus and other application that i work with it then at time i receive my first call.

in this short experience i learned that group work is better and efficient than working lonely even everyone have a different task and the success of company is by collaboration between all the staff.

the workplace is like a mini-world,it contains culture and you hear tongue from all around the world , you smell and you taste dishes from world i actually love this variety.

satisfaction of customers is the hardest part but by the good sense of communication and the best customer service skills customer will enjoy the experience.

hard cases is the most enjoyable part of my job cause every time i handle a case i sharpened my skills, my reflex , testing my limits in work of course like (pressure,patient)
Pros
if-tar boxes in ramathane
Cons
long hours and no payment allowance in other spoken languages
OK Company to work for
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC15 June 2019
Travel opportunities. Great Healthcare. Very process driven. IT can be frustrating sometimes as it was often a struggle to get things done. Salary wasn't great.
My Lifetime Experience!
Manager Outstations Business Finance (Former Employee) –  Doha14 June 2019
where I spent 12+ years of my life. A give and take situation and a lifetime experience. A multi culture environment. A fast growing industry and a great challenge.
Current Senior Employee: No Signed Agreements and Terminations Unexpected
Senior staff (Current Employee) –  Worldwide13 June 2019
This company has some good experienced staff, and good money. However, it is very unsafe to stay after 1 year. First, during joining, they will ask you to sign 2 agreements and they will promise that they will sign one and give it back to you, but nothing you will see. This is applicable to all staff (pilots, engineers, cabin crew, ground staff, managers). Second, your manager controls your life and career development especially Indians and Sri Lankans or Qataris and he can send HR at anytime for your termination. Third, if your manager is fine, you did a mistake or someone is not happy, you may get a termination depends upon that person connections who knows another manager then ends up with firing you. All terminations are SUDDEN and they suck your end of service benefit, and you will be asked to leave the country IMMEDIATELY, no matter your children in schools or not. You cannot complain to any authority because you have NO CONTRACT. You will be put in airport as black list for 2 years. Many managers became in their positions without qualifications or experience, but with their staff numbers or date of joining, and those managers will definitely kill your qualifications and limit your experience and encourage you to resign. Many of my colleagues have faced ALL of these conditions.
Pros
Money, Some experienced staff
Cons
No agreement in your hand, Terminations anytime, Manager controls your life and career, Unsafe
Good place
NDT inspector (Current Employee) –  Doha13 June 2019
Perfect place to work with a good safety environment plus friendly working collages
I found it is the best place also the culture of many countries with in the working area
Draining and political
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London10 June 2019
I thought working for an airline would be pretty cool and full of opportunities but working for qatar airways really put me in depression. people stuck in a role for 5+ years with no motivation and are hushed by HR and management to remain quiet. even though we have staff travel, it does not benefit me much because I do not travel much and when I compared prices to travel agencies / hotels, they had better package and lower prices.

if you want experience then go for it but I suggest you only work here for 1 year MAX. Anything more than that will make you lose your mind, you will be forced to work out of hours and they will cut your overtime and try to monitor how you work. I started to think of leaving 3 months in to the job!
Pros
2 good colleagues
Cons
management, Hr, culture, draining and depressing environment, silly regulations
Fun environment
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Qatar31 May 2019
Good environment and fun coworkers. It has a lot of diversity and good possiblity to meet new people and see new places. New experience and new exposures
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long flights makes u tried
Great company to headstart your career
Customer Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Doha29 May 2019
One of the best companies in the Gulf region especially for first job seekers. Decent salary and great benefits. Your attitude to work is what sets u apart the crowd in ur dept and opens the doors of promotions for u.
Pros
Multicultural environment, good pay, travel discounts
favoritism is big
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL28 May 2019
None stop abuse.
Micro management, rewards are in the form of a KUDOs or paper recognition.
no room to grow.
2, 10 minute break and 30 minute lunch.
Supervisor tells you to come 15 min early to read company emails.
you clock in twice..at time clock and at computer. Both MUST be no later than start time.... slow computers and they still use GREEN SCREENS.
Lot of MANUAL FARING due antiquated pricing module bought.
They do manual credit card verification a lot and even on same day of travel.. they don't care to leave passengers behind.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
no money to travel
Great company to work for
CRM instructor & Cabin Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doha22 May 2019
Great chance to work in multicultural airline, with a lot opportunities to grow. Excellent trainings allows to gain new skills and knowledge. Company with a potential to discover new places and improve their services all the time.
Pros
Opportunities to grow with the company.
Cons
Restrictions.
Fast Paced Environment
Fun Environment
Good Networking Possibilities
productive work environment
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Doha10 May 2019
*Rotational shifts- starts off by checking your own allocation and preparing for your flight
*learned everything with regards to customer service on an international level and intense training
*management is co- operative
*working with colleagues worldwide -very interesting/learning experience
*to tell a passenger NO
*when you help a passenger and they are genuinely thankful
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
rotational shifts
decipline,fun working
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Doha9 May 2019
amazing place to work with, a lot of things to learn from, the work culture is great the company is fair to all its employees... the job has taught me hoe to b independent
Amazing company
SEP INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Qatar4 May 2019
5 stars airline is not coming just because.
excellent management, excellent opportunities, I have got the chance to expand my professional career working in this company for the last three years and a half, and there is not a single day that i am not thankful for the opportunity given
Excellent professional organized workplace
Cabin Service Director- Purser (Former Employee) –  Doha3 May 2019
The best place to work and enjoy
Professional staff and environment
Well paid on time salaries with amazing benefits
A growing company to grow with under the vision of the company
Excellent experience
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Doha28 April 2019
To be responsible for customers safety, security and their comfort.
Well managed.
Multicultural.
Quality of life night shift and too many working hours.
Change to travel the world and meet lot s of people good career opportunity, lots of discounts all over the city!
Pros
So many opportunities
Cons
Timings
first work experience
Senior Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hilal area17 April 2019
o Made airlines bookings.
o Solved all Privilege Club members’ problems and meet their queries.
answering phone calls
preform admin tasks as required
Amazing benefits and professional workplace
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  Doha16 April 2019
I still wanted to stay in this company. However, due to some health issues maybe i need to switch a job that is not flying. I really wish i can fly more. Professional workplace -benefits, privelege, and lifestyle was spectacular. This company helped me to be the better version of myself. Full or less capacity of load has difference, the other has more challenges. However, if flight has lighter load it wasn't productive. So it's the best when everyone's busy and challenging. There's always better opportunities and choices. It was the best chapter of my life,i will never forget.
Pros
Free accomodation, food are available for crew
Cons
curfew hours and health threat
Productive worklife
Senior Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Doha, Qatar13 April 2019
I gained a lot of confidence working with Qatar Airways because of dealing with different people, nationalities, culture, etc. My customer service skills and my knowledge in handling customers gave me more workmates turned into friends because of how I treat them with respect. Hardest part of the job is when you change the roster because there's a chance of changing your team again after you bonded in a month or 2 months. The most enjoyable part is work and social life is balanced.
Pros
with discounted tickets
Cons
ladies have curfew in accommodation
I dont recommend any of my friends to work for Qatar airways
Supervisor F&B in Hub lounges (Former Employee) –  Doha13 April 2019
Qatar Airways is the worst company to work.no job security. poor management but it has one of the best Gceo Qatar airways has.managers are into full politics they do not care for the employees who work hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Airways. Our community is ready to answer.