QBE Employee Reviews

Good Company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 March 2019
My time at QBE was overall quite enjoyable, I had exposure to many different insurance schemes and was privileged to manage corporate clients in the mining sector.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Middle Management Glut
fun work place great teams worklife balance
Business Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD31 January 2019
processing of insurance policy
Reception relief
completing CTP certificates and taking payment over the phone
CTP insurance fleet reports
general administration duties as required - filing ect
Productive and Modern Environment
Transformation PM (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 September 2018
Productive and advanced working environment however the culture is still out of date, few transformational programs and initiatives that is modernising the culture, enhancing customer experience, and improving business.
Pros
Modern and well paid
Cons
Lack of management focus (reactive)
Top heavy, unstable
Support Services Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 August 2018
Executive revolving door, lack of commitment of senior management.Middle to senior management are mostly self serving with no accountability. More projects than number of people working on projects.

Good things are relating to work life balance and customer focus.
Great place to work if you are driven by ambition and money
Liability Claims Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW10 August 2018
Checking diaries, responding to emails and telephone calls as well settling claims.

You learn to read people and negotiate not just the claims but also persuade other parties to contribute to settlements they originally refused to contribute to.

Management were ready to listen if you had good strategies and reasons for early or larger/smaller settlements.

Workplace culture mainly catered to the younger demographic, morning teas, cakes or lunches but was great when volunteering for charities.

Dealing with third party lawyers that were greedy and the procedural red tape.

Settling claims fairly and with savings.
Pros
Satisfaction of fair settlements to claimants and saving for the company
Cons
Long hours, high pressure deadlines with big workloads and low staff levels
Good job but too much emphasis placed on minor aspects
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 June 2018
QBE was a very good company to work for but in the later years senior management came in from the statutory classes and tried to apply their knowledge across into general liability. A number of legally qualified but inexperienced solicitors were employed in the lower echelon management roles but they had no experience in insurance litigation or their experience was very limited

Prior to this staff of my rank had control of all functions of the claims. As an example I had a standard authority of $1M which was increased on a needs basis. There was a good rapport between senior management, claims officers and service providors.
Pros
Good staff and Service providors
Cons
Inexperienced lower echelon management
Job security
LAN Engineer (Former Employee) –  Figtree drive, SOP14 February 2018
My day used to be fairly busy managing an operation environment. To stay calm and collected while managing a critical situation has been a steep learning curve.
QBE Insurance
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA16 January 2018
It is not appropriate to provide feedback at this time as this is completely without any measurable validity and is highly subjective to so provide a review in this environment without a sense of balance is inappropriate.
Strong company with solid culture
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 December 2017
An enjoyable place to work with fantastic people. The business is embracing the need to change to tackle the challenges of the competitive environment.
Review of QBE
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW27 November 2017
A typical day at QBE working in workers compensation claim is really busy and diverse you never know what you are going to get! Always interesting and varied. Answering phones and provinding the necessary information. Prompt payment of wages and outstanding accounts. Copying files to send to the legal profession and respond to Subpoenas. Photocopying and binding notes for claims reviews. Arranging medical appointments.
Pros
Great oportunities for advancement and flexable
Cons
Technology needs to be updated
Progressive insurance company always reviewing how best to provide 10/10 service to clients / customers
Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 July 2017
QBE is a fabulous work / life balance company that has supported my progressive career for the past 23 years. Every day you deal with new challenging tasks which adds to the exciting workplace culture. Most enjoyable part of the my job is developing and maintaining close business relationships with the clients and brokers within my portfolio.
Pros
Flexibility and managing your working hours
Laid back workplace
Liability Underwriter and Liability Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia6 June 2017
Laid back and friendly workplace, but no career advancement or recognition of higher performing staff. Generally low performance culture where perceived rather than actual ability is rewarded.
I gained good experiences
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD2 April 2017
It's a very good company to work with. I also worked in a very good professional team. the company offer a very good work life balance. I learned a lot from the experiences
Worked smart and hard, was ackolwedged and given benefits
Facilities & Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW with Domestic travel11 January 2017
Fast moving business with a very driven culture, providing a constant learning curve and great new opportunities to grow if you are willing to focus on work and excel. Worked very hard and long hours with some travel but loved the work and the benefits.
A hectic and busy working environment
Case Manager - Workers Compensation (Former Employee) –  Perth WA10 January 2017
As a case manager, my role involved managing workers compensation claims as well as assisting with the development of return to work programs for clients.
Productive and Exciting Place to Work
Process Change SME - Global Transformation Project (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 September 2016
I have had the fantastic opportunity to work on a Global Fraud Project for this company in Australia.

My day is spent analysing information and creating spread sheets to show this information in a clear way.

I am presently reviewing Workers Compensation and CTP claims and reviewing these for fraud and potential fraud indicators.

My job varies a lot but that's what keeps it enjoyable.
Excellent opportunities for growth and experience
National Technical Underwriter, Rural Insurance (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 August 2016
International company provided the opportunity to work overseas and to work on national projects in a variety of roles. Very conscious of their corporate responsibilities.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Too often silo-based decisions are made
Culture destroyed in latter years
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 December 2015
Used to be a great company but the culture has been destroyed over the past few years, with the outsourcing and offshoring initiatives, coupled with global reporting lines, removing the ability to make a personal contribution. QBE is now subject to petty micro-management by people who have hidden agendas. I would not work there again.
Enjoyable working environment - was able to network with other offices when required.
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Traralgon VIC6 November 2015
Happy work environment, learning all the time, a lot of helpful people in Head Office and State Office, along with sharing information to do jobs better with other offices who could assist in making job more enjoyable. Insurance work was rewarding and challenging as the customers helped with questions and was good to continue learning so clients felt appreciated.
Pros
On line training
Personal Summary:
Claims Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Parramatta, NSW24 August 2015
I have been employed with QBE in the NSC workers compensation department for over 5 years. I am a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual capable of providing support to management, team members and individuals. I see myself as a role model to other staff members and always willing to help out within the NSC team. Through my time working in the NSC I have been assigned to do various roles such as EFT Setup, processing CTP/TMF payments, medical certificates and General insurance underwriting policy schedules. I have built a good rapport with my co-workers and managers and enjoy working with the NSC (National service centre)
I consider myself as a candidate you are looking for and would like an opportunity to be considered for an interview, and thank you for your time in this matter
Pros
End of month snacks
Cons
45mins lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QBE. Our community is ready to answer.