Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Employee Reviews

The days were challenging but my team made the days bearable. Great group to work with. I wish I was still with them. They do excellent work with very little recognition.
Pros
General Work was for the benefit of the public
Cons
Time pressures were excessive
I had a great time working for Queensland Fire and Emergency Services. Everyone was great they helpful and I had the best time working with them. I learn a lot of things from my colleagues.
Volunteer work is often rewarding but being a volunteer firefighter takes it to a whole new level. You meet great local people who want to give back to their community. You learn great skills that can be applied in your personal and professional life. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Pros
The people, the equipment, the feeling of saving property and lives... everybody loves a Firey
Cons
Only one... emergencies don't just happen during office hours
quick pace, protocol, listen for direction and follow. a support group is available anytime. the team environment is great personal development reskilling and up skill avaliable
when the job is done there is satisfaction of knowing that you have made a difference to other people lives with out any thanks ready to do it all over again in a heart beat,
Pros
on long jobs free lunch
Cons
never know what you are going to lift assist/ fire/car accicedent/ alarm / death
The organisation is still working through departmental changes and there is a great deal of unrest amongst current permanent and temporary contract staff. The organisation lacks administrative consistency when performing ones routine tasks within most departments.
Pros
salary
Cons
organisation has ongoing issues relating to changes not fully implimented.
Great workplace providing an ability to help serve the community. Many opportunities and training provided throughout. Shift work involved for operational positions. Various day work administrative positions required to assist operational staff.
Pros
Secure long term employment opportunities, working with other professionals and building life long friendships.
Cons
Only positives gained from my time in the service.
On going training in all aspects of urban and rural fire fighting. Response too all fire related incidents as well HAZMAT, Road Accident Rescue, Vertical and Swift Water Rescue. Work in conjunction with permanent fire fighter and other emergency services to serve and protect the community
* Helping the community in emergencies * Every situation is different and you learn something everyday in this job. * Management are some of the best people I have had the opportunity to work with. * My co-workers at the station are dedicated to the job and are a great bunch of blokes. * The hardest part of the job is not been able to help someone. * The most enjoyable part is been there for the community and having the training to be able to help, I really enjoy the training.
Pros
The training and the people
Cons
Not enough hours