Queensland Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Queensland Government:

Queensland Government Employee Reviews

Australia61 reviews
Oso & pso
Physically demanding, work rate is high have to get a lot done in a short amount of time. Team Leaders are not helpful they’re a good at seeing what’s wrong never uplifting the team in the work that they do. Not much support at all. Training is thorough but they do not allow progression in terms of higher roles.
Parking should be free
Relaxed, challenging and rewarding role
My work involves administration and project work.
Managing calendars and assisting with administration as and when required, including HR.

I have been introduced to BI, am working with Content Manager as a super user. I am also looking to learn Microsoft Teams, so I can be a more effective conduit for the team.
Great learning experience, starting from the bottom of the hierarchy. Learn a lot this way and opportunities to climb the ladder.
It all depends on which Department you work for. Enforcement Depts tend to have more stress than no enforcement. QG does try to look after it's employees. Job Security is solid. A change of management is too often due to promotions. Scope for moving into other areas of the Depts or to other departments.
For Pathology Qld Toowoomba only
I started out really enjoying my work, feeling I was a small but important part of the team that contributes to the health needs of patients.
It's very busy on the wards, especially in the mornings. Doctors are very demanding, wanting pathology results ASAP and multiple urgent collects done at once.

We were always short staffed, management response was palmed off with "head office won't budget for more staff".

The current supervisor has been with Path QLD over 20 yrs, she is set in her ways uninterested in change, unsupportive to staff concerns, uncaring toward staff personal needs, and has created a toxic, negative working environment. The whole department wrote and signed a group letter to HR regarding her behaviour. Head office replied with a warning to staff to cease our bullying behaviour or we would face discipline reaction. 8 long term staff have resigned in as many months since.

Qld Health offers good pay rates and salary sacrificing benefits.

Excellent opportunity to develop your phlebotomy skills.
they value workers
very caring environment to work with a flexible hours. Though is a challenging job but there is a lot of support from workmate and leaders. They give us a lot of job training.
Toxic Environment promoted by the management
Inconsistency with all the different duties in a daily basis. They do not have a professional recruitment criteria to hire new staff. Basically,new staff has to be trained by old staff ,because the trainer officer is lazy to do the job. Some supervisors do not have people skills and disrespectful towards staff members. Nepotism plays a key role to get promoted.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
nepotism and disorganisation
work place
I think the workplace within the QLD government is at high standers and I love working with all of my piers.
awesome leaders, so understanding and they help so much with everyone
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
short breaks
jingled
very catchy labour forces...colleticng cans bottles care tidy town for everyone to admire...
ndis client worker to keep toowoomba and darling down a tidy town...
Pros
fee accomadation and meals
Rubbish Place to Work
First of all it's run by the Fat Controller (The Clerk) what a knob he is and believes he's top dog. Just a lonely fat guy that more than likely got bullied at school.
Secondly Security Trainer is some lady that's never even done security nor does she know what she talking about, just weird.

To top things off its the least i have ever been paid for working anywhere. My recommendation is keep your job and don't do it for yourself.
Pros
leaving
Cons
being employed at parliament house brisbane
Interesting and varied working environment
I enjoyed working for Queensland Government.. Working conditions were excellent and the co-workers were friendly and helpful at all times..
One of the better places to work in Brisbane
Great challenges working across a highly federated environment
The QGCIO is a fascinating place to work, there is always something new occurring across the QLD Public sector.

* Lots of challenges

* Working with great peers

* Highly complex work environment
Enjoy my work
Staff members are great to work with - management can be too political with certain things but in my experience are usually very understanding with personal issues
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Unless you're in a high up position you're suggestions are usually overlooked
Working at the Queensland Government offers a good work and life balance
The hours of work are fairly consistent even at the managerial level.
The key to success is forming a supportive network across multiple divisions and teams.
Cool
Again another DVD I was apart of
Just about domestic violence and the impact it has in our communities

Very important DVD and was very enjoyable to be apart of
Comfortable yet dangerous work situation
I find the work hours within my acceptable requirements (Mon-Fri 7:00am-7:00pm). Working with children family and teachers including ground staff very enjoyable.
Pros
within 1 km of my house
Cons
hours could be longer
Safe and happy environment
Happy and safe environment to work in. Working around diverse groups was a good experience for me. Gained new skills and met different people everyday.
Pros
Free art classes
Cons
Extra hours
Varied roles across 7 State Government Departments
I worked at 7 different Queensland Government Departments across a number of roles. The variety and experience gained was great. Mostly weekday hours but also worked shift hours at RBW Hospital Switchboard.
Pros
Good conditions
Cons
nil
Great experience
A typical day at work started at 4:30am and went until 8:30am, Then back again at 2pm until 6pm.

I learnt good time management skills as i had to get all the work done in a certain amount of time.
Very strict work enviroment
This one day i worked there with my school (the only day we worked there) everything was very strict what you could do what you couldn't that is too be expected with working with a government agency but i don't know the work place felt a bit of the chefs we had to work with weren't the nicest people but seemed very stressed themselves.
Pros
free lunch and work experience
Cons
no pay
Relief work in schools
Relief teaching pays well but often there is no work available at certain times of the terms. Older children can be very hard on relief teachers so it is best to be selective to what grades and schools you wish to work at. You need to come to work in the state schools with your own coffeee as they rarely provide it. Schools all have tuck shops. If you can apply to work in the Catholic schools you will find the work easier.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Difficult students
Motivational Interviewing
Quitline was effective in teaching me how to effectively communicate with many people from different areas of life. The time there was amazing. I love it.
Pros
Pro Development
Cons
To much work around the clock
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queensland Government. Our community is ready to answer.