Queensland Government Employee Reviews

jingled
disabled ndis pensioner ndis careers qld director (Former Employee) –  toowoomba.gov.com,au/27 April 2019
very catchy labour forces...colleticng cans bottles care tidy town for everyone to admire...
ndis client worker to keep toowoomba and darling down a tidy town...
Pros
fee accomadation and meals
Rubbish Place to Work
Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 March 2019
First of all it's run by the Fat Controller (The Clerk) what a knob he is and believes he's top dog. Just a lonely fat guy that more than likely got bullied at school.
Secondly Security Trainer is some lady that's never even done security nor does she know what she talking about, just weird.
To top things off its the least i have ever been paid for working anywhere. My recommendation is keep your job and don't do it for yourself.
Pros
leaving
Cons
being employed at parliament house brisbane
Interesting and varied working environment
Programme Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD28 February 2019
I enjoyed working for Queensland Government.. Working conditions were excellent and the co-workers were friendly and helpful at all times..
One of the better places to work in Brisbane
Great challenges working across a highly federated environment
DIGITAL1ST Strategy & Governance Lead (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 February 2019
The QGCIO is a fascinating place to work, there is always something new occurring across the QLD Public sector.

* Lots of challenges
* Working with great peers
* Highly complex work environment
Enjoy my work
Orthopaedic Technician (Current Employee) –  Qld18 January 2019
Staff members are great to work with - management can be too political with certain things but in my experience are usually very understanding with personal issues
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Unless you're in a high up position you're suggestions are usually overlooked
Working at the Queensland Government offers a good work and life balance
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 December 2018
The hours of work are fairly consistent even at the managerial level.
The key to success is forming a supportive network across multiple divisions and teams.
Cool
Acting (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 October 2018
Again another DVD I was apart of
Just about domestic violence and the impact it has in our communities
Very important DVD and was very enjoyable to be apart of
Comfortable yet dangerous work situation
Crossing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD31 August 2018
I find the work hours within my acceptable requirements (Mon-Fri 7:00am-7:00pm). Working with children family and teachers including ground staff very enjoyable.
Pros
within 1 km of my house
Cons
hours could be longer
Safe and happy environment
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Injinoo QLD17 August 2018
Happy and safe environment to work in. Working around diverse groups was a good experience for me. Gained new skills and met different people everyday.
Pros
Free art classes
Cons
Extra hours
Varied roles across 7 State Government Departments
Youth Justice Officer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD9 August 2018
I worked at 7 different Queensland Government Departments across a number of roles. The variety and experience gained was great. Mostly weekday hours but also worked shift hours at RBW Hospital Switchboard.
Pros
Good conditions
Cons
nil
Great experience
Cleaner (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 March 2018
A typical day at work started at 4:30am and went until 8:30am, Then back again at 2pm until 6pm.

I learnt good time management skills as i had to get all the work done in a certain amount of time.
Very strict work enviroment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 March 2018
This one day i worked there with my school (the only day we worked there) everything was very strict what you could do what you couldn't that is too be expected with working with a government agency but i don't know the work place felt a bit of the chefs we had to work with weren't the nicest people but seemed very stressed themselves.
Pros
free lunch and work experience
Cons
no pay
Relief work in schools
Relief Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD16 March 2018
Relief teaching pays well but often there is no work available at certain times of the terms. Older children can be very hard on relief teachers so it is best to be selective to what grades and schools you wish to work at. You need to come to work in the state schools with your own coffeee as they rarely provide it. Schools all have tuck shops. If you can apply to work in the Catholic schools you will find the work easier.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Difficult students
Motivational Interviewing
Telephone counselor (Former Employee) –  AU7 March 2018
Quitline was effective in teaching me how to effectively communicate with many people from different areas of life. The time there was amazing. I love it.
Pros
Pro Development
Cons
To much work around the clock
Majority of the day was just working, no extra's thrown in, normal breaks
Pick Packer, Richlands Distribution Centre (Former Employee) –  Richlands QLD16 February 2018
They were not fair with all staff, i.e if you were a favourite then you could do and say whatever. Most times they were good but they had ways to bring your productivity down by giving you orders that were impossible to complete quickly. I actually kept to myself and they didn't have anything bad against me which probably didn't help. The staff that were doing exactly what I was doing were a great bunch, obviously there were some that you wouldn't give the time of day to but on a whole I liked everyone, I just avoided trouble makers.
Pros
Free ice blocks on a hot day.
Cons
The warehouse was exceedingly hot with no reprieve to fresh air.
got its ups and downs but overall well looked after.
Workplace Health and Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 January 2018
Work is always different and travel is a big part of the job. Visiting other regions and industries broadens our knowledge and appreciation of this vast land.
Management in the far north was better then it was down south.

Most enjoyable part is helping businesses and people sort thru WH&S issues without costing the earth.

The hardest part of the job is knowing about all the different areas in the workplace from Ergonomics to Amenities to Legislation.
Challenging professional environment
Principal Business/Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brisbane CBD3 January 2018
Difficult to apply experience and theory even when required as staff do understand the complexities of the projects they are managing.
Management is poor and disorganized
Dumbing down complex topics such as Assumption Based Risk Profiling is virtually impossible as although management demand these activities they have no idea of what it means and the implications thereof
Pros
Reasonable working hours
Cons
Lack of professionalism by governing and managing staff
Paid to work
School Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wellington Point QLD19 December 2017
The government is the government. It’s as simple as that. No doubt they would make the wage the legally required minimal if it wasn’t for the unions that fight for the rights of the workers. Not that they’d have many workers afterwards
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Have to work long hours and have to deal with unsavoury people
not the best enviroment
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Mareeba QLD23 November 2017
start at 7 prep for next day, start lunch cooking and desserts, I learnt how to manage my time efficiently to be able to get the meals out to their time schedule. was left alone to do my job once management realised I was capable to organise my offsiders and deligated the work where needed.The hardest part of the job was personal satisfaction of what I cooked.The most enjoyable part of the job was comments back from staff after their meal
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
not enough money
Productive, friendly atmosphere
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 September 2017
My internship was only for a week, but everyone was very welcoming and friendly when I joined. My manager was kind and understood that I was only a year 10 student at the time so she chose tasks for me accordingly.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Boring tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queensland Government. Our community is ready to answer.