Queensland Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Queensland Government Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good

Training good and people in track with others team leader support and call quality to make sure we're doing write thing over the phone time mangemant needs to be better andctgr organized luch break people take longer and fill out fill out form to be correct witch j have noticed but mmm manger and supervisor can not keep track because of all the employee that work there if pneed to s

Worst place I have ever worked Bullying culture

What do you say?Worst place everManagement micro manageworkloads too highBullying culture just awfulnot enough hours in the day to get it all doneyou need to have a legal background as now we do all the lawyers work Court work extremely high.not enough time to spend with families and this is suppose to be our job.

Pros

Helping families

Cons

Management stick together you have no chance

Warning - Do not apply!

I can not warn you enough do not apply for DOCS unless you want to ruin your career, ruin your health and possibly never work again. The Dept is toxic - all their stakeholders and clients do not like them - so it is hard working there when nobody likes the Dept - no matter how hard you try. You’ll be humiliated time and time again - most of the management are toxic. There is no supervision - even after experiencing some horrific events . If you’re a young social worker - don’t do it - you’ll ruin your career as most of the young ones walk out. Then that makes you look bad to get another job.

Pros

Cons

The events that are covered up by the govt and the CSO the scapegoat.

There needs to be a change in management at all levels and a review of standard qualifications to be accepted for practice.

There is a bad workplace culture at Child Safety and a mismatch of qualifications required to undertake all roles. Specialist roles need to be filled with relevant core qualifications as a minimum e.g. Social workers, Social Welfare graduates, who possess as a minimum, a Bachelor Degree. There also needs to be specialist training in OHS, Safety & Security of children so that staff are able to identify risks e.g. perpetrators, carers, partners, and physical and environmental risks etc. This could be facilitated by collaboration with police in investigation etc. and Crime Prevention. When OHS was raised at Team Meetings all staff would laugh, yet staff experience burn out and the organisation, the associated Workers Compensation costs. Morale is low. External Supervision should occur and not be as a group process to cut time. The time for External Supervision should be allocated as work time and occur at least fortnightly and be undertaken off site.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Very Long Hours

Well led, productive and inclusive work environment while I was there.

Provided an environment where innovation was welcome and effort rewarded. Resulted in committed and productive team work and a harmonious office workplace.

Productive, committed and harmonious place to work for during my stint.

Well led, conscientious and diligent management. Committed and reliable work group. Work objectives clearly enunciated to staff and expectations understood.

Oso & pso

Physically demanding, work rate is high have to get a lot done in a short amount of time. Team Leaders are not helpful they’re a good at seeing what’s wrong never uplifting the team in the work that they do. Not much support at all. Training is thorough but they do not allow progression in terms of higher roles. Parking should be free

Relaxed, challenging and rewarding role

My work involves administration and project work. Managing calendars and assisting with administration as and when required, including HR. I have been introduced to BI, am working with Content Manager as a super user. I am also looking to learn Microsoft Teams, so I can be a more effective conduit for the team.

Great learning experience, starting from the bottom of the hierarchy. Learn a lot this way and opportunities to climb the ladder.

It all depends on which Department you work for. Enforcement Depts tend to have more stress than no enforcement. QG does try to look after it's employees. Job Security is solid. A change of management is too often due to promotions. Scope for moving into other areas of the Depts or to other departments.

Great place to work and staff are always great to get along with supervisors are always helpful and easily approachable would recommend working here to anyone

Cons

To many breaks during the year being temp work

Great team environment

I managed to utilise my administration skills from previous jobs which made it easier for me when working within this department. Although there are several internal systems to get used to you recieve all the necessary training required.

For Pathology Qld Toowoomba only

I started out really enjoying my work, feeling I was a small but important part of the team that contributes to the health needs of patients. It's very busy on the wards, especially in the mornings. Doctors are very demanding, wanting pathology results ASAP and multiple urgent collects done at once. We were always short staffed, management response was palmed off with "head office won't budget for more staff". The current supervisor has been with Path QLD over 20 yrs, she is set in her ways uninterested in change, unsupportive to staff concerns, uncaring toward staff personal needs, and has created a toxic, negative working environment. The whole department wrote and signed a group letter to HR regarding her behaviour. Head office replied with a warning to staff to cease our bullying behaviour or we would face discipline reaction. 8 long term staff have resigned in as many months since. Qld Health offers good pay rates and salary sacrificing benefits. Excellent opportunity to develop your phlebotomy skills.

they value workers

very caring environment to work with a flexible hours. Though is a challenging job but there is a lot of support from workmate and leaders. They give us a lot of job training.

High caseload put on beginners and not enough morale support

Time wasted on unnecessary meetings adding pressure to CSOs who under pressure already with high case loads, time restraints, lack of morale support.

Pros

Excellent CPD and training

Cons

High case load not enough time or morale support

Toxic Environment promoted by the management

Inconsistency with all the different duties in a daily basis. They do not have a professional recruitment criteria to hire new staff. Basically,new staff has to be trained by old staff ,because the trainer officer is lazy to do the job. Some supervisors do not have people skills and disrespectful towards staff members. Nepotism plays a key role to get promoted.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

nepotism and disorganisation

work place

I think the workplace within the QLD government is at high standers and I love working with all of my piers. awesome leaders, so understanding and they help so much with everyone

Pros

amazing people to work with

Cons

short breaks

jingled

very catchy labour forces...colleticng cans bottles care tidy town for everyone to admire... ndis client worker to keep toowoomba and darling down a tidy town...

Pros

fee accomadation and meals

Rubbish Place to Work

First of all it's run by the Fat Controller (The Clerk) what a knob he is and believes he's top dog. Just a lonely fat guy that more than likely got bullied at school. Secondly Security Trainer is some lady that's never even done security nor does she know what she talking about, just weird. To top things off its the least i have ever been paid for working anywhere. My recommendation is keep your job and don't do it for yourself.

Pros

leaving

Cons

being employed at parliament house brisbane

Interesting and varied working environment

I enjoyed working for Queensland Government.. Working conditions were excellent and the co-workers were friendly and helpful at all times.. One of the better places to work in Brisbane

Great challenges working across a highly federated environment

The QGCIO is a fascinating place to work, there is always something new occurring across the QLD Public sector. * Lots of challenges * Working with great peers * Highly complex work environment

Enjoy my work

Staff members are great to work with - management can be too political with certain things but in my experience are usually very understanding with personal issues

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Unless you're in a high up position you're suggestions are usually overlooked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queensland Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Queensland Government