Queensland Government
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Queensland Government:

Queensland Government Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia61 reviews
Physically demanding, work rate is high have to get a lot done in a short amount of time. Team Leaders are not helpful they’re a good at seeing what’s wrong never uplifting the team in the work that they do. Not much support at all. Training is thorough but they do not allow progression in terms of higher roles.
Parking should be free
I started out really enjoying my work, feeling I was a small but important part of the team that contributes to the health needs of patients.
It's very busy on the wards, especially in the mornings. Doctors are very demanding, wanting pathology results ASAP and multiple urgent collects done at once.

We were always short staffed, management response was palmed off with "head office won't budget for more staff".

The current supervisor has been with Path QLD over 20 yrs, she is set in her ways uninterested in change, unsupportive to staff concerns, uncaring toward staff personal needs, and has created a toxic, negative working environment. The whole department wrote and signed a group letter to HR regarding her behaviour. Head office replied with a warning to staff to cease our bullying behaviour or we would face discipline reaction. 8 long term staff have resigned in as many months since.

Qld Health offers good pay rates and salary sacrificing benefits.
Excellent opportunity to develop your phlebotomy skills.
Inconsistency with all the different duties in a daily basis. They do not have a professional recruitment criteria to hire new staff. Basically,new staff has to be trained by old staff ,because the trainer officer is lazy to do the job. Some supervisors do not have people skills and disrespectful towards staff members. Nepotism plays a key role to get promoted.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
nepotism and disorganisation
very catchy labour forces...colleticng cans bottles care tidy town for everyone to admire...
ndis client worker to keep toowoomba and darling down a tidy town...
Pros
fee accomadation and meals
This one day i worked there with my school (the only day we worked there) everything was very strict what you could do what you couldn't that is too be expected with working with a government agency but i don't know the work place felt a bit of the chefs we had to work with weren't the nicest people but seemed very stressed themselves.
Pros
free lunch and work experience
Cons
no pay
The government is the government. It’s as simple as that. No doubt they would make the wage the legally required minimal if it wasn’t for the unions that fight for the rights of the workers. Not that they’d have many workers afterwards
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Have to work long hours and have to deal with unsavoury people
Not a great job if you also are keen to have a family life. You put in hours and hours of overtime with no pay, purely because you love the children. A most rewarding job all in all but you are confined to a tight scaffold. Can be very stressful.
Pros
Gorgeous staff and children, so many daily heartfelt rewards in seeing your class flourish
Cons
Long overtime hours, these hours affect your family life, work never ends, you are not paid for any overtime, you spend hundreds of your own money to help supplement your classes education, you are surrounded by sick children, a high stress job
There was no typical day at work and was primarily reactionary to members of the public in hardship.

The working environ was supportive and was never intended to be a long term role.
Pros
Good Pay Rate and hours of work
Cons
No future as was a temporary program.
I learned a lot about the Queensland Government funding process and about the way government departments work in general. The team I worked with was pretty amazing and that includes the management.

My co-workers were among the most collaborative people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

The hardest part of the job was when we would get a request from a Minister because it meant that we would have to stop the business as usual and frantically run around to get the information to the Minister's office - usually within a very short timeframe.

The most enjoyable part of this job was by far the people I worked with - the work was the work - but the people made the work fun and interesting.
Pros
job security, great salary packaging, excellent colleagues
Cons
change of government means change of conditions, high-pressure environment at times
A lot of variety of tasks to do on a monthly basis. Producing reports and journals. Helped support the corporate card unit.
Pros
Good salary for this type of job. Easy work. Set hours 36.5 a week.
Cons
Work culture is terrible and management have no idea what they are doing.
There was a nice area to use and the silence around the library allowed full concentration. The breaks were well and truly enough to rest and eat in. The hardest part would be that some boxes of books were rather heavy and hard to lift.