Queensland Government Pay & Benefits reviews

Very strict work enviroment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 March 2018
This one day i worked there with my school (the only day we worked there) everything was very strict what you could do what you couldn't that is too be expected with working with a government agency but i don't know the work place felt a bit of the chefs we had to work with weren't the nicest people but seemed very stressed themselves.
Pros
free lunch and work experience
Cons
no pay
Paid to work
School Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wellington Point QLD19 December 2017
The government is the government. It’s as simple as that. No doubt they would make the wage the legally required minimal if it wasn’t for the unions that fight for the rights of the workers. Not that they’d have many workers afterwards
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Have to work long hours and have to deal with unsavoury people
Overworked for hours you put in., a very rewarding job
Teaching (for 17 years) (Former Employee) –  Dakabin QLD and mango hill Qld25 August 2017
Not a great job if you also are keen to have a family life. You put in hours and hours of overtime with no pay, purely because you love the children. A most rewarding job all in all but you are confined to a tight scaffold. Can be very stressful.
Pros
Gorgeous staff and children, so many daily heartfelt rewards in seeing your class flourish
Cons
Long overtime hours, these hours affect your family life, work never ends, you are not paid for any overtime, you spend hundreds of your own money to help supplement your classes education, you are surrounded by sick children, a high stress job
Good working environ
Community Recovery Officer AO4 (Former Employee) –  George Street Brisbane24 April 2017
There was no typical day at work and was primarily reactionary to members of the public in hardship.

The working environ was supportive and was never intended to be a long term role.
Pros
Good Pay Rate and hours of work
Cons
No future as was a temporary program.
Sector Funding and Performance Support was a great place to work!
SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD Australia19 June 2015
I learned a lot about the Queensland Government funding process and about the way government departments work in general. The team I worked with was pretty amazing and that includes the management.

My co-workers were among the most collaborative people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

The hardest part of the job was when we would get a request from a Minister because it meant that we would have to stop the business as usual and frantically run around to get the information to the Minister's office - usually within a very short timeframe.

The most enjoyable part of this job was by far the people I worked with - the work was the work - but the people made the work fun and interesting.
Pros
job security, great salary packaging, excellent colleagues
Cons
change of government means change of conditions, high-pressure environment at times
Operations Support Officer at Queensland Government.
Operations Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD11 May 2015
A lot of variety of tasks to do on a monthly basis. Producing reports and journals. Helped support the corporate card unit.
Pros
Good salary for this type of job. Easy work. Set hours 36.5 a week.
Cons
Work culture is terrible and management have no idea what they are doing.
A good, quiet working space
Cataloging (Former Employee) –  Yeppoon, QLD2 February 2014
There was a nice area to use and the silence around the library allowed full concentration. The breaks were well and truly enough to rest and eat in. The hardest part would be that some boxes of books were rather heavy and hard to lift.