Queensland Health Employee Reviews in Cairns QLD

Varied as many places and roles to work within
Registered Nurse (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD28 October 2017
A wonderful company that has ample opportunities for all. Highly recommended for those who wish to help our community with its ongoing daily health requirements.
Pros
Great team ethos
Cons
None that I can think of.
Good place
Senior Technology Officer - Remote area (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD20 September 2016
Pros-
Co-Workers are great, happy and skilled
Some online education provided (to be done on own time)
Some face to face courses for some staff provided.

Cons-
Management micromanage a lot of trivial things
Great to work for
SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLD10 February 2015
Managers understood the work/life balance and catered for every employees needs. There was always overtime if you wanted it but were never obligated to take it.
The money, benefits for working with the QLD Government was very rewarding.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Vector Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLD17 September 2014
Contract work during the height of the Dengue outbreak in Cairns
I worked for the Dengue Action Response Team (DART), Queensland Health. A busy position involving constant fieldwork in all weather, dealing with the general public and working in interchanging teams, generally involved in ‘search and destroy’ of the Dengue mosquito in all stages of its life cycle, on private properties in Cairns and surrounding regions under an Authorised Program, recording of all actions done, dealing with chemicals of varying degrees of toxicity as well as basic maintenance of equipment and driving to areas of fieldwork.
Pros
Great, supportive environment
Cons
Hot, outdoor work
The Nursing and Support Staff
Senior Supply Officer (Current Employee) –  Cairns, QLD2 April 2014
I manage 7 Wards at the Cairns Base Hospital, each day I scan barcodes to refill stock of clinical supplies required by the ward.
Recently our Management changed and we are experiencing Management problems due to new Managers not knowing our Job Descriptions. My Co-Workers and I have our allocated wards and mostly work alone, but if required we help each other out as required.
Decanting stock on old and outdated trollies that are too high and hard to push for females. Job satisfaction as when I am away on Holidays etc. I am told that I am not to go on holidays again, I go the extra mile to keep my wards clean, neat, tidy and I go the extra mile to ensure my wards are well stocked. I enjoy working with the Nurses who appreciate the effort I make to their day by keeping clinical supplies visual and accessible.
Pros
Canteen and Rostered Days Off
Cons
Nepitusm - Management get jobs because of who they know not because they have the required skills.
Difficult work culture to deal with, but good advancement opportunities
Admin Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cairns Hospital6 February 2014
Difficult work culture to content with. Poor behaviours are seldom dealt with and good behaviour not rewarded.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities, attractive salary and benefits
Cons
Bad work behaviour and culture, too many chiefs not enough indians, lack of support from Management, stressful
An unhealthy environment that taxes ones mental and physical wellbeing
Aggressive Behaviour Management Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLD16 July 2013
Regrettably the culture of bullying and harassment is out of control and beyond repair. I learned to be very mistrusting of work colleagues as job cuts and insecurity had created this unhealthy environment. Rationale, logic and reason are suppressed by managerial personalities, egos, power players and willingness to make decisions for fear or repreive, legal repercussions and no support.
Cons
Unqualified and non suportive manager
Productive, supportive, busy, enjoyable work environment
Early Intervention Parenting Spec-Snr Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Cairns, QLD18 April 2012
Great environment to work within. Team work hard at supporting each other's goals with a strong focus on providing the best possible service to clients. Management are supportive with new ventures and programs to best meet needs of clients.
Pros
everything
Cons
nil