Queensland Health Employee Reviews in Gold Coast QLD

Usless management
Tradesman Boilermaker Fitter (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD Robina24 January 2019
Nepotistic and short sighted management in engineering Poor pay for the effort. no future planning and no real maintenance being done. They like an outsourced model so continually push that on the permanent employees
Pros
2 days off a month
Awesome place to work
Operational Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast Universty Hospital1 October 2018
I found working for Queensland Health so enjoyable the staff fellow workmates and management such a pleasure to work with and so helpful. In my short time there i learnt so much worked in most departments and gained so much from theater,ICU, the wards,,A &E ups-killing and gaining my cert 111 age care (CHC30208) To me the hardest part of the job was having to leave and come back to NZ . And the best was putting a smile on patients and staff faces.
Pros
excellent super, meals, uniforms
Cons
car parking, and flat batteries on siegways
Productive and fun environment
CASUAL ENDORSED ENROLLED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD12 July 2018
Excellent training and professional development and access to public transport to the hospital. Opportunities to transfer to many departments and areas
Excellent place to work
Midwife (Student) (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast University Hospital9 January 2018
The learning and teaching at GCUH was excellent. I enjoyed being a part of the team. It was challenging and I learnt a lot. I enjoyed rotating through birth suite, antenatal clinic, maternity in patient unit and special care nursery.
Good pay and conditions
Porterage Officer/Operational Officer (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD2 August 2017
Good atmosphere. Secure Employment. Parking can be expensive but can be Salary Packaged. Well Managed good training. Penalty rates apply for weekends and shift loading.
Pros
Salary Packaging
Cons
Parking is expensive
Poor management, incompetent executive management
Casual Protective Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD17 February 2017
The organisation lacks professional leadership. There appears to be lots of poor decision made by people who do not understand the day to day running of the place. There also appears to be a lot of wasted resources, time and money.
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
Poor management
Blame culture with no support or debriefing, 2 sets of standards.
protective services officer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD25 November 2016
Horrible place to work. Definitely a top down management style from an ivory tower. Praise is non existent, criticism, back stabbing rampant. Looking after their staff is the lowest priority. Assaults against staff are often regarded as the staffs fault to appease the public. $90 per fortnight if you can afford it to park in the car park, or you park on the street and walk for miles to get to work.
Pros
Air conditioning, that's about it.
Cons
Expensive parking. Blame game management.
Professional, caring work environment
Learning and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, Australia26 June 2016
I liked working in a multi-disciplinary environment with each day being different and the opportunity to learn new information and gain more skills.

Each day in my team you had the opportunity to change someone's opinion, perspective or attitude with most staff wanting to improve their employability.
Pros
Good wages, flexible working hours
Cons
Lots of bureaucracy to get things done/changed
Productive, team-oriented work environment with diverse workplace culture
Administration Officer AO2 (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD29 February 2016
A typical day at work consisted of using internal workplace systems for data entry and retrieval of information relevant to my job role.

First point of contact for answering phone calls from both internal employees and external customers.

Collected incoming mail and delivered outgoing mail.

Required the use of systems such as SapHR, Springboard and Vader.

Used Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.

Attended weekly meetings with my manager and other recruitment officers.

Checked the fax machine for faxes received.

Checked the inbox and categorised emails to recruitment officers.

Processed Position Maintenance Requests and Organisational Unit Maintenance Requests.

Sent through Application Kit Requests and Role Descriptions to Qld Health employees.

Processed New Starter Paperwork for employees beginning a career in Qld Health.

Processed Criminal History Checks for Qld Health employees.

Processed Transfer at Level Applications for Qld Health employees.

Processed Unsolicited Resumes for people looking to join Qld Health in areas such as environmental services, nursing and medical recruitment.

Processed Invoices for clients such as Ricoh and Blaze, preparing GPVs.

Processed Acceptance of Offers (ADHOCs and Packages) for Qld Health employees that have accepted their position within Qld Health.
Pros
Positive, team-oriented, friendly environment with helpful and supportive colleagues
Cons
High volume of work, understaffed, busy, high expectations from management
Good Pay
Social Worker Homeless Health Outreach Team (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD16 May 2015
In Mental Health you never know what you are going to get day-to-day.
Some days full of outreach and assessments.
Difficult to write up assessments as not enough computers per staff ratio
Good team environment
Good work-life balance
Good opportunities for foreign workers
Gold Coast is very multicultural in staff groups
Pros
Good Pay, ability for secondment
Cons
not enough resources eg computers, GPS etc
team work, interesting job variation.
Aggressive Behaviour Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast9 April 2014
A fantastic job. Varied jobs and experiences. Enjoyed helping the public and fellow team members.
Productive and enjoyible workplace
Assistant in nursing (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast , Robina1 March 2014
I am doing 1;1 spesials , which described as looking after people with difficult behaviours , such as demented people .
Team of people as co-workers and managment ia very friendly . The hardest part of job is communication with demented people , the most enjoybale part to be able to find the way to provide pleasant envaroment for this people .
Worked for six years as an Administration Officer, where I have gained a lot of skills and knowledge regarding Community Health and Hospital structure
ADMINISTRATION OFFICER QLD HEALTH AO3 (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD19 December 2013
Due to continual funding restrictions there are not too many permanent positions advertised at QLD Health. I am a very consciencous worker and I am looking to secure a permanent position to use my skills and allow myself to progress in my career.

I have acquired so much knowledge during my temporary contracts over the last six years and enjoy interacting with staff members to work as a team member to deliver services with integrity and the high standard of work ethics I have.

The hardest part of my job, is never being able to perfect a position as I have moved around so much. I am told that I do an excellent job but I would like to have a job to call my own instead of always learning new roles for short times. The enjoyable part is the opportunity to work with so many varied staff members.
Cons
At the end of each contract it is very stressful, (due to the uncertainty of getting another contract), I have only been without work for one week in 6 years.
Excellent company
Cleaner / Suoervisor (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast Hospital / Carrara Health Centre31 October 2013
Excellent company to work for, 8 hour shifts , good management and people , great learning culture
Working in all areas of Nursing
Endorsed Enrolled NUrse (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast6 June 2012
In Aged care manging up to 30 patients and 4-5 staff. Co- worker are good and positive to work with. Organising all aspects of care. In the hospital it is a more clinical approach and a little more advanced with using machines that we use.
Pros
there can be lots of work at times.
Cons
long hours but managable, pay could be better.