Queensland Health Employee Reviews in Ipswich QLD

4.0Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
Good job however shifts uncertain
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich QLD3 March 2018
Able to pick shifts and the number of shifts each fortnight. However, this shifts can be cancelled within an hour of start time. Clinical skills , people skills and time management have been required. Work environment is supportive. The most enjoyable part is being able to work along side supportive and friendly people and also, being able to brig joy and a helping hand to those less fortunate.
Pros
Supportive, pay
Cons
Shifts cancellations
patients well being
Medication Endorsed EN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ipswich City QLD23 October 2016
it was busy you learnt time management,
the staff were great,
management interfering and bullying,
watching patients pass away was hard,
seeing smiles on patients and staffs faces at the end of a good day
Pros
other nurses whom you work with
Cons
patient satisfaction
Fast paced, profesional, caring.
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, QLD22 November 2015
Prompt starts, beneficial for setting up interview rooms. Worked in a team of two to engage and encourage staff members to complete QLD health HR surveys. Professional co-workers. Educated staff members of upcoming changes HR sought to provide and advised staff of changes HR provided within the previous year. Assisted staff with online navigation to locate HR support sites. Providing solace to staffs enquiries and educating them on the support HR had in place for them.
Fantastic service
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, QLD22 January 2014
Everyone just got in a did it. It was implicit that the client came first, and that is what we did.
I learnt that we should never judge, well I knew that anyway; most people just need to be listened to;
I couldn't hope for better management than this particular service - bare in mind that when I was working here, it was a non-government service- and it was an inclusive and collaborative style of management. The style was particularly attractive because it empowered women to speak out and express themselves in many wonderful and artistic ways, for some, the only way they could express themselves at the time. That kind of service is priceless.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Loss of the service as an NGO
Great team work
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, QLD22 January 2014
Friendly, we were all a "family". And family included the boss. A typical day included frantic changes, more unexpected changes and then a chance to share a quick cuppa with my team. A typical day was never typical - it can't be when you are supporting people. The hardest part of the job was when we started losing funding and had to "trim" services. The best part was working with the lovely team I was in and the wonderful things we achieved for the clients. I am not sure I will ever find that again, but I live in hope!
Pros
Clent satisfaction; morning teas; great hours
Cons
Restictions on service
Was a great job with people I enjoyed working with.
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich13 December 2012
I worked at the receptionist counter as a mail sorter and customer support. I delivered mail and contacted maintanance when required.
Pros
great pay, stress free, air conditioned.
Cons
was only temporary.