Queensland Health Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Money is good, Bullying is at the top to the bottom
RN (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD14 November 2017
You enjoy the pay but you hate going to work because people will make you miserable and are bullies! your heart goes at 150bpm thinking someone will pick on you.

I know someone who was bullied so badly, they continue to take antidrepressants a few years later. The union was unhelpful during the hard times too. Management is made up of bullies in some of the wards so no one to go to because they are all in a click.

I am glad to know something is being done about it for future young nurses
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bullies and no one to turn to
Varied as many places and roles to work within
Registered Nurse (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD28 October 2017
A wonderful company that has ample opportunities for all. Highly recommended for those who wish to help our community with its ongoing daily health requirements.
Pros
Great team ethos
Cons
None that I can think of.
supportive workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD2 July 2017
The staffs at TBH are supportive and friendly. However the shift hours are either staring too early at 6am or finishing too late at 11pm. That not fit my life balance well at this moment.
Pros
good support
Cons
shift work
poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD10 April 2017
Too much of a culture driven who is who. Short staffing a constant issue. Very little support given to staff who are struggling with the stress of the job. Casual position.
Pros
Being the advocate for the clients
Cons
being intimidated by staff.
productive day filled with all aspects of patient care and assessment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Caboolture QLD7 March 2017
-Enjoyable busy Hospital ward with a diverse range of patients ranging from acutely ill to long term medically stable.
-Ive learned the importance of patient assessment, following infection control procedures, patient care planning, evaluating patient care, and reflecting on care and assessments, the triage of patient complaints and conditions, effective time management skills around the workplace, the importance patient safety, education for patients regarding their medications and medication safety, the assessment and care of acute and chronic wounds, administering all types of injections including immunisations, the care of the cardiac patient, the care of the unconcious patient, the care of the CVA patient and overall care of the medical patient including diabetes management and managing dementia and treating infections in acutely ill patients.
-There is a supportive work enviroment and training courses are available at your discretion.
- The hardest part of the job is reflecting on the death of a patient, expected or not
- Most enjoyable part is caring for my patients, seeing improvement in conditions and managing their illness, giving them quality of life, keeping them comfortable and assisting them to work towards discharge when they are safe and supported to go home.
Busy and challenging environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD9 December 2016
I enjoy working for queensland health as a registered nurse/ mental health. I work alongside very competent nurses. As a casual nurse, this enables me to work in 4 different wards within the hospital.
Pros
organised
Cons
not enough hours available
Supportive
Casual Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 September 2016
I worked for QHealth permanently for 16 years and now work casually for them. They have supported my change of life needs and I enjoy the variety afforded by casual work.
Renal Nursing
Registered Nurse (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba City QLD24 February 2016
A high pressure job requires a lot of knowledge .The unit has great support and promotes personal development .We work in a team that facilitates recognition for experience. It a great place to expand your knowledge will working in a multidisciplinary team. No time for tennis tables.
Enjoyed working for with the elderly
lEVEL 1-2 RN (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD10 November 2014
Team management ,rostering and problem solving many challenges working with different kinds of chronically ill patients and having to solve the problems
Gained experience in mentoring and preceptoring subordinates
Has been good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Ipswich3 July 2013
Worked for this company has been good experience. It was more of a learning experience
Excellent professionally oriented facility
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD25 May 2012
This facility is resident oriented with high profesional standards with a team management approach and always family and patient centered.
Pros
a team oreinted work place
Cons
distance from family