Queensland Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Productive and efficient
Supply Officer (Former Employee) –  Richlands QLD25 August 2018
good working environment, always on top of there game, the pay is good, and they offer good overtime work/ pay on the weekends. I would recommend this job as it's pretty easy an flows
Far north Qld the place to be
Clinical Nurse Consultant - Dual Diagnosis (Former Employee) –  Cooktown QLD5 June 2018
I was lucky to have the opportunity to work as a senior clinician in Far North Qld predominately Cooktown and surrounding areas Wujal Wujal, Lakeland and Hopevale. I had the opportunity to work as a sole clinician where I was able to utilise all of my clinical, professional and personal skills and attributes.
Fantastic living conditions, housing and utilities included and excellent salary.
Pros
Great lifestyle, working conditions and ability to work independently
Cons
Remotness
Was a very bad place to work the culture and bullying is poor
LIAISON OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD27 March 2018
good working hours but this does not out way the poor culture and the buying in the workplace
Management do not manage the workers that are doing the bullying

I would never work at Qld Health Community Health again it was awful
Pros
Cons
just being employed there was a con
Fast paced environment. Very secure job with plenty of overtime available.
RN (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD26 March 2018
A typical work day was always very busy with lots going on. Patient turn over was huge and you had to be on your toes to keep up with the huge workload. There was a huge multidisciplinary team to work with and access to lots of resources.
Excellent opportunity to develope nursing skills. Generally your typical workplace culture with nice and difficult people to deal with.
The shift work and pace where the hardest part of the experience and abuse form patients was constant.
The pay was great and the benefits from working with Queensland health were numerous.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Lots of work available.
Cons
Short staffed often, abusvie patients and sometimes management.
Excellent Remuneration yet Terrible Management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD16 November 2017
A typical day involves assisting with all sort of emergencies, the job has variety with most management absent you are free to manage your own workload.

A lot of backroom deals go on during the recruitment process to either assist or hinder staff from progressing. Management love using "gotcha" word play moments in the interview process which makes it virtually impossible to progress in your career as they rarely offer stepping stone work opportunities to gain required experiences to answer their convoluted interview questions.

Management has a culture of incompetence and bullying which is so bad they had to bring in an external company to deal with bullying claims.

The hardest part of the job is management making decisions without any input from line level staff that have to work with the policies that they implement that cause more problems.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the remuneration because the management have no clue in managing an efficient budget along with the Government they throw money at the Organisation so if you can put up with poor management, stonewalling and other unethical conduct the tax and money insane benefits is why people work at QLD Health.

Should you work at QLD Health? Yes for the money but your health will
  more... be impacted as it isn't a healthy workplace if you are nice, honest sort of person. If you consider yourself good at intimidating staff, a bit of a smooth talker and are generally a nasty piece of work you should apply as management will welcome you with open arms.  less
Pros
Above Average Remuneration
Cons
Bullying incompetent workplace culture
Good pay and conditions
Porterage Officer/Operational Officer (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD2 August 2017
Good atmosphere. Secure Employment. Parking can be expensive but can be Salary Packaged. Well Managed good training. Penalty rates apply for weekends and shift loading.
Pros
Salary Packaging
Cons
Parking is expensive
Large Organization with clear process workflow
Medical Records Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 July 2017
Working at Queensland Health is good and it has great amount of benefits to the employee. I learned about Health Information Systems and softwares. The work environment is great as they really promote respect to each other regardless your cultural background or race.
Excellent Remuneration yet Terrible Management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD23 May 2017

I have learned QLD Health does not value skill level on staff and promotions and job offers are generally appointed by office politics under the guise of merit based recruitment to make it appear they are being equitable. Management know all the tricks and policies to ward of any challenges to staffing decisions. A lot of backroom deals go on during the recruitment process to either assist or hinder staff from progressing.

Pros
Above Average Remuneration
Cons
Bullying incompetent workplace culture
Blame culture with no support or debriefing, 2 sets of standards.
protective services officer (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD25 November 2016
Horrible place to work. Definitely a top down management style from an ivory tower. Praise is non existent, criticism, back stabbing rampant. Looking after their staff is the lowest priority. Assaults against staff are often regarded as the staffs fault to appease the public. $90 per fortnight if you can afford it to park in the car park, or you park on the street and walk for miles to get to work.
Pros
Air conditioning, that's about it.
Cons
Expensive parking. Blame game management.
Very structured place
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane14 May 2015
lots of benefits, lots of training, lots of restrictions.

very stable workplace.

excellent middle manager.

constantly changing work structure.
Pros
Training
Cons
constantly changing paperwork
Great to work for
SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLD10 February 2015
Managers understood the work/life balance and catered for every employees needs. There was always overtime if you wanted it but were never obligated to take it.
The money, benefits for working with the QLD Government was very rewarding.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Supportive, caring environment.
Part-time Registered Nurse Endoscopy (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD18 January 2015
Queensland Health is a great organisation to work for. QE11 hospital is small and has overwhelming support for staff. Facilities are also good.
Pros
free tea and coffee, free parking
Cons
No food available as canteen closes at 4pm
Difficult work culture to deal with, but good advancement opportunities
Admin Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cairns Hospital6 February 2014
Difficult work culture to content with. Poor behaviours are seldom dealt with and good behaviour not rewarded.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities, attractive salary and benefits
Cons
Bad work behaviour and culture, too many chiefs not enough indians, lack of support from Management, stressful
Enjoyed my work and the compay of all internal and external stakeholders.
Senior Revenue Officer - Accounts (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD 48705 January 2014
My day was ensuring all accounts were sent out on time and were accurate. I would also liaise with staff on daily issues they faced. I would complete journals, sign cheques, and issue GPV vouchers for vendor payment.

I would assist other facilities with Debt Collection and prepare all month end journals, prepare write-offs and prepare all spreadsheets for revenue raised and balance the receipting with the Cashbook.

As a supervisor, I feel a had a great group of co-workers in the Revenue unit. Most of the staff worked as a team, helping out other areas if they were struggling.

I learned that there isn't a different culture in government jobs, and staff there just as hard as in any other industry.

My manager had a great understanding of our unit and could relate to each member of staff if they had an issue with processes.

My co-workers were a great group of people, and I miss them dearly.

The hardest part of my job was to recover deb t within 60 days, especially with overseas travellers with no insurance.

The most enjoyable part of my job was co-ordinating my staff and always looking at process to implement changes if necessary. I also enjoyed the Debt recovery for the district, which involved sometimes helping families with payment plans which suited their financial situation.
Pros
Cons
l always worked at least 5 hours per week overtime - with no renumeration.
very enjoyable job
Program Tester (Former Employee) –  brisbane17 October 2013
I like the variety which was available in different positions as well as flexible work hours.
Pros
flexible work hours
Working in all areas of Nursing
Endorsed Enrolled NUrse (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast6 June 2012
In Aged care manging up to 30 patients and 4-5 staff. Co- worker are good and positive to work with. Organising all aspects of care. In the hospital it is a more clinical approach and a little more advanced with using machines that we use.
Pros
there can be lots of work at times.
Cons
long hours but managable, pay could be better.