Queensland Health Employee Review

View all Queensland Health reviews

Enjoyed my work and the compay of all internal and external stakeholders.
Senior Revenue Officer - Accounts (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD 48705 January 2014
My day was ensuring all accounts were sent out on time and were accurate. I would also liaise with staff on daily issues they faced. I would complete journals, sign cheques, and issue GPV vouchers for vendor payment.

I would assist other facilities with Debt Collection and prepare all month end journals, prepare write-offs and prepare all spreadsheets for revenue raised and balance the receipting with the Cashbook.

As a supervisor, I feel a had a great group of co-workers in the Revenue unit. Most of the staff worked as a team, helping out other areas if they were struggling.

I learned that there isn't a different culture in government jobs, and staff there just as hard as in any other industry.

My manager had a great understanding of our unit and could relate to each member of staff if they had an issue with processes.

My co-workers were a great group of people, and I miss them dearly.

The hardest part of my job was to recover deb t within 60 days, especially with overseas travellers with no insurance.

The most enjoyable part of my job was co-ordinating my staff and always looking at process to implement changes if necessary. I also enjoyed the Debt recovery for the district, which involved sometimes helping families with payment plans which suited their financial situation.
Pros
Cons
l always worked at least 5 hours per week overtime - with no renumeration.

Other Queensland Health Employee Reviews

Supportive environment with opportunities for growth and development if desired
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Brighton Health18 June 2019
Queensland Health offers a variety of developmental opportunities for those who are driven enough to seek them out. Educational courses and programs are ongoing ensuring each practitioner is up to date with best possible practice.
There are a variety of facilities with various positions that would suite any health care professional. Most individuals who work within Queensland Health are helpful and willing to help others advance, acting as mentors and references. Aligning with the right people can be advantageous as this will help advance careers and open up doors and opportunities.
Pros
Supportive environments, growth and development opportunities, stable and good benefits.
Cons
Shifts are 24 hours, requiring staff to work each shift and availability to work weekends
Generally a good and pleasant place to work.
ENAS (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD3 May 2019
Generally a good and pleasant place to work. Townsville is a teaching hospital so staff skill levels vary a lot.

The introduction of iEMR (the digital medical record system) is terrible from a nursing perspective as it is cumbersome and glitchy, and has massively increased time not spent with patients and instead typing into computers. Doctors seem to like it as they no longer have to chase patient charts all the time.

Contrary to QH public statements it has not increased pt safety, and is viewed by a majority of staff as tedious and time consuming.
Pros
good pay and conditions, job security.
Cons
iEMR. also if you have a "difficult" boss/NUM all complaints will be ignored.