Queensland Police Service
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Queensland Police Service Culture reviews

If you are lucky you will get to work in a great team and have lots of fun. If unlucky, you get the opposite. And the court system is very unsatisfactory.
A very challenging workplace, my manager was a very considerate lady and I love the morning team breakfast every 3 months. Enjoyed communicating with staff in Probation Parole Board, Police Officers, Watchhouses, and Courts. As a team member of traffic team my daily work consists of data entry of traffic offences with a quota of 100 documents. This is the part I enjoyed most as I set up my own target which exceeded the set quota. The challenge rise as I answer enquiries from other team member or from other departments and doing other duties while focusing on exceeding the required quota set up by traffic team. There IS NO BORING TIME in Queensland Police.
In this position I was able to work in a variety of locations and able to work within different cultures of our community, while also working in a professional manner.
I absolutely loved working in the Police Service. I had gained so much knowledge and skills. Enjoyed the perks and team are amazing to work with. It was very disappointing that my contract had come to an end with no available opportunities to apply to because I very much loved the team spirit in that office.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Due to being an older female there is a severe lack of opportunities, there is still a culture of male dominance from many years. After being sent to the country there were very few opportunities to follow a career path I was wishing to follow.
Zero work/life balance - No room for advancement unless someone dies, mgt do not address concerns or complaints for admin officers job culture is a joke
The friends and colleagues in the job make everyday exciting and working on different levels and different varieties of equipment everyday
Work ethics were great and the work was interesting. A great place to learn about the queensland police service the people I worked with were great teachers
Fantastic co-workers, knowledgeable and helpful management who are always willing to give advice and guidance where needed.
Pros
Great colleagues and staff
Cons
Rigid and very structured, but this is often required for the type of work.