Queensland Police Service
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Queensland Police Service Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
Work–Life Balance
Pay & Benefits

Gd, Intelligence and Surveillance Officer

The job and salary are fine but once you get injured the 3 personnel on Sick NBank committee have the power to NOT support you as they did with me - after 8 injures on the job and multiple operations the last op required a neck fusion from an injury on the job - they decided not to support me ie. NOT pay me any wages for 6 months then offered me medical retirement which I took. No other choice. Shame on you so go get independent Income insurance if you can get it very difficult. If you are a cop and working in an office job no contact with the public you can get income insurance privately. Also as soon as you are sworn in get the maximum coverage of super life insurance use to be 32 units.

Pros

Good job really if you like dealing with criminals and putting them away

Cons

Some bad management but that is everywhere - income insurance is the issue

Challenging work environment, data entry of traffic offences and phone dealing with government departments proved very inspiring.

Challenging, job security was high, wry good salary, considerate. Good benefits. Data Entry with a Target limit of 100 x150 a day of traffic offences and offenders. Telephone inquires from officers, the public, probation and parole boards, courts and watch houses are also my duties daily

Pros

Job security, considerate, good salary, good benefits

Cons

Not a good management by superiors

Data Entry

I enjoyed working for Qld Police, the hours where flexible and you could save extra hours worked and have half a day off. The data entry I did was different and interest. I cant say to much about my time there, except that I done a lot of different office duties. I really enjoyed working there for the 8 years I did.

Jobs at Queensland Police Service