Queensland Rail
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Queensland Rail Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative3 reviews
Australia3 reviews
Location: I worked through out the network in various positions
Despite being government, this organisation is semi-autonomous, full of nepotism and very open to corruption
I applied for a customer service role and the interview process was projected to take 2 months, from May to July. No worries, I want in a hurry.

The first interview was with a group of fellow applicants for an info session that provided me with zero information, a short math test, and a 5 minute interview that was so vague I still can't understand what the point of it was.

A month after that I was invited to attend a panel interview. This was successful and I received very positive feedback. My referees were subsequently contacted and I again received positive feedback. I was then asked to order my own police check, which was annoying as they are $50 and I didn't have the job yet.

3 weeks after that, I received an email at 9.53pm on a Sunday night advising me that I was unsuccessful. Bizarre to receive an email of that nature outside business hours after I'd been made to think I was in with a good shot at the role.

I replied to thanks them for considering me, and asked if any feedback could be provided. I have not heard back, and don't expect to.

This saga has proven to me that QR really is just as incompetent as I suspected, and the pathetic train service might just be the tip of the inefficient iceberg.
Mature and tactful approach when dealing with people in a warm and professional manner. totally committed to providing the highest level of service. ability to meet clients needs effectivively and efficiently.
Pros
patient and tactful when dealing with people of all ages.