Queensland Rail
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Queensland Rail Pay & Benefits reviews

Safety oriented business in rail operations and passenger services. Good chances for promotion across streams and business sections. Excellent benefits and training.
Pros
quality training
Cons
Often poorly managed
QR has so many different career options and working for them gives good job security, pay and conditions. The management is really poor but the colleagues are really good so it doesn't really impact heavily on the work environment. I'd spend the rest of my career here.
Pros
Good pay, overtime, conditions, union
Cons
really good pace to work in the crews are well to work with I really enjoy working with Queensland have been looking to get back. the pay is really good.
With Company this old and big, its obvious that they have set a slow tempo. I was there as a contractor, however, they had their own ways of doing things that I may not understand. Many time I have been intentionally misguided, I was stepped on, taken advantage of while others showed off their efficiencies on my behalf, putting me down.
Pros
Work balance and benefits
Cons
Restrictive to Change and always watch your back.
I would work 7 days out of 7 because without working I can not stay, for me it is not a problem to work on holidays and even a pleasure. I would like to learn a new job teaching. I hope to work in this company .cordiali sa luti
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not a very physically challenging job but very mentally stressful. good money and good hours, the only let down was support in personal issues
Process applications for security ID's, travel passes and duty passes. I enjoy everyday especially when Ex=employees come in for their passes, as you get to hear lots of stories from years gone by. The hardest part of my job is the large workload. We used to have three offices that have now been amalgamated into one main office. We lost two staff members which tripled my work load. I find lack of managerial support to be the most disappointing.
Pros
Free travel to and from work.
Cons
Excessive work load.
Excellent Zero Harm philosophy Great time management Emphasis on on time running Great teamplayer pre requisite
Pros
Free travel included
Cons
Long travel
No chance of permanent work even after 4.5 years without any sick days or workers compensation claimed.
Cons
no reward for good time keeping or loyalty to company (ie offer of full time employment)