Queensland Rail Pay & Benefits reviews

Watch your back
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 March 2018
With Company this old and big, its obvious that they have set a slow tempo. I was there as a contractor, however, they had their own ways of doing things that I may not understand. Many time I have been intentionally misguided, I was stepped on, taken advantage of while others showed off their efficiencies on my behalf, putting me down.
Pros
Work balance and benefits
Cons
Restrictive to Change and always watch your back.
Productive and fun place i like play footbaal
Queensland maintenance at cairns plaza hotel (Former Employee) –  Queensland15 December 2017
I would work 7 days out of 7 because without working I can not stay, for me it is not a problem to work on holidays and even a pleasure. I would like to learn a new job teaching. I hope to work in this company .cordiali sa luti
Pros
Free lunches
good money, stressful
LOCOMOTIVE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD15 February 2016
not a very physically challenging job but very mentally stressful. good money and good hours, the only let down was support in personal issues
Fun environment meet interesting people daily
Events and Ticketing Leader (Current Employee) –  Roma St Transit Centre, Brisbane17 October 2013
Process applications for security ID's, travel passes and duty passes. I enjoy everyday especially when Ex=employees come in for their passes, as you get to hear lots of stories from years gone by. The hardest part of my job is the large workload. We used to have three offices that have now been amalgamated into one main office. We lost two staff members which tripled my work load. I find lack of managerial support to be the most disappointing.
Pros
Free travel to and from work.
Cons
Excessive work load.
Excellent place to work
Mobile Presentation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Queensland Brisbane30 July 2013
Excellent Zero Harm philosophy
Great time management
Emphasis on on time running
Great teamplayer pre requisite
Pros
Free travel included
Cons
Long travel
No rights for contract labour
Maintenance Fitter (Former Employee) –  Wagon Shop, Redbank1 January 2013
No chance of permanent work even after 4.5 years without any sick days or workers compensation claimed.
Cons
no reward for good time keeping or loyalty to company (ie offer of full time employment)