Queensland University of Technology Employee Reviews

Productive work place and kind people
Student Presenter (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 June 2018
I have learned how to present a presentation at an international conference and how to present my emotion during the period. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can have the great opportunity to know experts from WHO and learn new ideas from them.
Pros
Free lunches
Open and accepting
Lecturer/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 May 2018
Depending on the group you were with the culture was open and accepting. This was not the case in all environments, but true for the most part. People are accepting and tolerant of differences and even thoughtful and supportive.
Pros
The people
Cons
The people
I learned a lot through all challenges I went through.
Academic Staff (Postdoctoral Research Fellow) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 February 2018
Supportive environment; salary package is good; some of the staff are incompetent but in general, most staff are highly efficient; workplace culture was excellent; hardest part of the job was working beyond work hours; most enjoyable part was getting good support in all aspects of my job
Pros
comfortable working space
Cons
Good environment with excellent benefits
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 February 2018
professional academic environment with excellent employee benefits, fair pay and opportunities for growth. good workplace culture and good communication from upper tier management. Excellent IT support.
Progressive Academic Environment
PART TIME EMPLOYMENT (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 January 2018
Enjoyable place to work with a good level of support. Provides reasonable opportunities. Some very good unit coordinators and some mediocre calibre.
Generally a good place to work
Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane20 December 2017
Workloads can be high and hours long, but compared to other companies, the salary can balance out those cons.
Work hard and you're generally rewarded for it.
Depending upon your position at this workplace and the hierarchy, your place within the university is unlikely to be permanent or secure.
Having to rely upon contract renewals can be stressful.
Pros
Regular salary increases
Cons
Very rewarding project well managed
Business Strategist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 November 2017
An excellent contract 3 mths on a elearning portal project.
The project was very challenging and successful. The manager was extremely efficient and caring.

One of the best projects I have ever performed.
Pros
excellent remote working abilities and management
Cons
A fast-paced workplace, with a great deal of attention to detail.
Serials Assistant, QUT Library (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 June 2017
Full workdays in a role as an Office Administrator and Library Technician. Attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously and follow written instructions were vital. A happy workplace with a friendly and inclusive team.
Pros
Positive workplace culture.
Cons
Some repetitive tasks.
Good place to work, however lack of shifts available.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 June 2017
Queensland University of Technology gives students the opportunity to learn whilst also working. QUT gives many opportunities including one to get a blue card. However there is a lack of shifts available, meaning this must be held as a side job.
Pros
Hourly Pay
Cons
Unpredicatable Hours
Good empolyer for a broad range of people.
Logistics assistant (Former Employee) –  Kelvin Grove QLD21 April 2017
Qut located at kelvin grove and gardens point is one of the largest university in south east qld and in my role as logistics assistant in the qut mailroom got to know a huge majority of staff working for the university.
Pros
Good pay good work
Cons
Travel to work
Fabulous worklife balance and professional development support and opportunitities
Communications and Events Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 March 2017
I have been luck enough to gain skills and start at a reception level and shift into communications, events and training.

QUT provides its staff with a healthy work life balance and the culture is excellent.

It's also a good choice of employer if you are wanting to progress in your careers as it strongly supports career development through further training and encourages further studies.
Pros
Work life balance & career development
Cons
Pay scale is lower than Government & Permanent jobs are hard to secure.
Great business to experience the real world
Technology Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 March 2017
The business is very good for what its worth in the University frontier. I loved the opportunity in working there and believed it was a great experience of teamwork, and meeting new challenges and expectations.

Management were easy going and great to get along with. So were the other teams in other departments, Staff overall had been building the business into the family orientated structure that seemed to help us all keep moving forward throughout our daily routine.
Pros
Management and staff were wonderful to work with
Cons
Redundancy
Toxic management culture in IT department, but staff great
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelvin Grove9 March 2017
QUT Is struggling to adapt to an evolving educational landscape, in IT, this means ongoing outsourcing, and reorganization. Senior Management are only concerned with their own reputation.
Pros
Being at the cutting edge of technology, working for a not for profit organization, engaging with students, working with great staff
Cons
Senior management lack skills on how to manage transformational change, impact on staff
Enjoyed working in the education sector
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 February 2017
Engaging working with students and challenging keeping pace with ever changing technology.

Supportive workplace culture but very limited opportunities to change or adapt business initiatives.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and develop new skills
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
Great place to work with great people
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 February 2017
I continue to enjoy working for QUT. Once you understand how universities work, then you will be fine. The new Gardens point campus looks amazing and they continue to upgrade it whole Uni.
Variety of tasks
Sessional tutor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland6 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Queensland University of Technology, I was able to reinforce my learning through teaching students different concepts which included Digital and Analogue Electronics.
Wonderful place to work.
LECTURER QUEENSLAND UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Kelvin Grove QLD22 January 2017
Teaching at tertiary level is very satisfying.
My students were amazing and enjoyed learning.
My boss was the best boss I've ever had.
Great workplace culture and very dynamic.
Pros
self directed
Cons
casual
Best
Manager eLearning Services - TILS (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 December 2016
QUT offers flexible working arrangements and truly walks the talk. The work in interesting and you genuinely feel a sense that you are helping improve the quality experience for students.
Great opportunities for student involvement through employment
Mentor in PASS Buddy Mentor Scheme (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 November 2016
I am a student at QUT who has also been employed as a casual staff member multiple times in positions that let me help other students and advance my learning potential. A great atmosphere with a lot of autonomy.
Good salary
Accounts Officer and Customer service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 March 2016
enjoyed working with customer, also dealing with accounts and help customer out with there complains and day to day life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queensland University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2