Interesting organisation managed by Administrators who could have made a real success if they put more trust & empowerment in their people.
Learning & Development Consultant (Former Employee) – Brisbane – 12 January 2014
* Multi-task range of duties covering broad geographical area dealing with Managers, Supervisors, Workers, support Departments and a range of External Training Providers made this role an interesting, varied and very interactive.
* I learned that thorough planning, extensive knowledge of the work & related training plus great communication & interpersonal skills are essential for undertaking the job successfully.
* Experienced a range of management abilities & styles that were very confusing and lacked integrity in their implementation.I have worked for a Japanese Motor manufacturer who exemplified thorough planning followed by successful implementation and tried to exert some of that in QUU, unfortunately unsuccessfully.
* Many co-workers, particularly in the Field, were great to work with however some of the Service delivery employees fell into the `bureaucratic' ways of operating and displayed poor levels of service and competency.
* Hardest part of job was influencing Management to commit to and follow through their processes and procedures thereby providing the necessary leadership and consistency to the workforce at large.
Most enjoyable part of job was making a difference to those workers we serviced re. their training requirements and advice.
Interesting range of work covering a wide geographical area.
Lack of integrity from management