Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

RAA Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
My time doing work experience at RAA was pleasant as the environment was very friendly and welcoming. As well as this it tended to feel productive overall.
To start with the interview and selection criteria is rediculous. I thought I was applying for a job with NASA at one point.A 6 month probation period, insane amount of product knowledge you are expected to learn, home, car, bike, caravan, boat, trailer insurance, finance etc etc and road service. And more. Insane monthly sales targets that are unrealistic. Not worth your sanity.
Pros
Free road service
Cons
Stress, unachievable sales targets, 6 month probation, no parking at center. Stupid systems and ridiculous protocols.
The middle management strangle progress due to personal control issues.

There is a tendency to look after consulting companies better than individual employees
Pros
nice people
Cons
Horrible IT managers
Was promised a ppt position and never received it.left a steady job on the grounds I received this position. Great place to work if you actually get the position promised.
Lets start with the positives - RAA is a good organisation, the general staff are awesome, the benefits are pretty good and I felt the salary was okay.

It all starts to go horribly wrong when you take into account the "do as I say" managers who - whilst maybe managers - are NOT leaders.

I had one particular day of insane workloads - my manager had managed to slide off for the day and when I finally broke down and lost my cool (as this had been building for weeks) - I was laughed at by another manager.

I felt very disrespected and once I left, I realised that they pick managers based on some "boys club" concept rather than talent.

Very strange and glad to have moved on.
Cons
Managers
You can't have fun at work just come in and do your work and don't talk to anyone unless your a favourite then you can get away with anything, very draining, if you want to keep your sanity don't work here. The pay is very low as well.
I loved my work experience here. I learned how to drain oil from the car, how to flush a radiator. I would definitely go back for more work experience or an apprenticeship.
On arrival to work, log onto computors , do housekeeping, Put money in register. Read emails, then customer service receiving payments from clients, booking accommodation, travel insurance, quoting on car, home insurance. Order stock, if stock arrived mark stock off put stock up and general housekeep. We rotated doing the banking. We were on targets each month so was a requirement to reach them. At end of shift balance monies turn of computer lock up