RACQ Employee Reviews

PI Claims - Dream, soul and mental health destroyer
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD4 July 2018
The company is riddled with shockingly bad culture from HR, Membership, Branches to the Bank.

If you're at a loss and can't find work take a job here temporarily as long term you see the pathetic attempt of business running. Don't voice any opinion as no-one actually cares... and it's only fake news when they try and say they are.

Make no mistake this is a horrible company to work for and you are treated as just a number and someone who is replaceable.

Culture saw no improvement with a change of management. Lots of jobs will come up as the transformations they have started implementing take effect people will leave in packs, some already are.

All claim roles will be shift work, on a rotional roster. Yes you will get your week day off dont worry but will be on some random day like tuesday never a Monday, Thursday or Friday.
All We Have Worked for!
Road Service (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 April 2018
100+ Years of Hard Work to valuable members being shredded by Management in the name of Bonus and Profit. The push for profit is unseen like never before. I am all for being a viable business to maintain service to members , however to push for unrealistic benchmarks (management bullying tactics) on Staff who have built the RACQ to wheres it is , feeling made to sell a Battery to someone who doesn't need it, is crazy! Lost touch Losing my mind!
Pros
Battery Bonus
Cons
Unable to achieve Bonus
Productive with a casual atmosphere
Claims Manager and Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 December 2017
I was working as a contractor for 8 months.
I spent the first 2 months in claims management then was moved to administration to help with the work load in that area.
It was enjoyable learning another aspect to the business.

Various admin jobs. including....
Sorting through claims letters ready for posting.
Attaching invoices to the claims.
Sorting through rejected emails.
The job was enjoyable mostly.

The upper management were very friendly and approachable.
My immediate work colleagues were the best. Helpful, friendly and easy to talk to.
Pros
Frequent morning tea shouts. Friendly environment.
Cons
None that stood out.
Losing the human touch with its staff
Procurement Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 November 2017
A typical day consists of being pulled from one task to another with no clear direction. There is exposure to a wide variety of business models due to the complexity of the business.
The workplace culture is disorganised with a large amount of cross over of roles between departments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is delivering efficient support to the frontline staff thereby ensuring goods and services are delivered to the customer.
Pros
Discounts, exposure to wide variety of scenarios
Cons
Lack of leadership connectivity with staff, internal politics
Boys club turning into Little Britain
Road Service Patrol (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD20 October 2017
God forbid you have the most unfortunate circumstance to be employed with these creeps in Road Service. RACQ prefer now inexperienced sheep to forcibly sell batteries to their loyal members who refer to them now as customers ,(shh its a secret, join the bank) and let their highly skilled licensed and experienced Patrols sit by the road side and then micro manage them with stupid KPIs and force them into competing with one another through reward schemes so the managers receive their bonus and then pat each other on the back.. Shame on them for fooling employed staff out of their working conditions and replacing them with inadequate staff and contractors. Managers struggle to see how stupid they are , even having to try and find a blown fuse in an electrical circuit, they then treat their staff with complete contempt unless your in the click or one of their more recent British imports. If you enjoy working a roster that has 22 different start times and perhaps consider a divorce, knock yourself out, or perhaps working in the rain or extreme heat 11 hrs a day, go for it. You can look forward to a day of fun filled spying , being remotely monitored and having photos taking of you whilst working and then being shoved up the with a red hot stick by some small minded, inexperienced self possessed ..... of a manager trying to step on his workmates to get ahead who may one day realize know one likes him and is hopefully made redundant.
Pros
never found
Cons
worst roster known to man
RACQ is being abused for personal gain by management
VRO Vehicle Recovery Operator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD18 June 2017
Racq was supposed to be for the members but in the last ten years it has been steered towards profits at the expense of the members, in short ,a great job spoiled by incompetence and nepotism in both middle and senior management .
awesome place to work
Field support (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 May 2017
I loved working at RACQ. I had flexibilty and I was always listened to. There were always opportunities to further your career or change the path you were on.
Pros
work/life balance
Warm and inviting
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 April 2017
There is no judgement form other staff and everyone gets along with everyone else. Very good pay for a call centre job and has a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
prizes, incentives
Cons
hot-desking in cubicles
Horrible workplace
Business Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2017
Terrible place to work, no support, bad wage.
Structure of the business is falling over, and you're treated and called of, by a number.
I will never have anything to do with RACQ again.
Pros
Cons
Leadership team as a whole, terrible structure, no work life balance.
RACQ review
Manager Vehicle Inspections (Former Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD6 February 2017
Great brand, strong client membership base, good business practice, nice to be part of the solution.

Unfortunately due to the nature of this business its under constant change so when I first started my original direct manager was made redundant and our division was restructured which moved me into an area I had no interest in which is why I chose to leave.
Pros
brand, direction as a business to help people, offering help rather than being a grudge purchase
Cons
constant changes, old boys club
Great work colleagues, bad manager
CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD31 October 2016
Loved working at RACQ apart from my Executive Manager who was not approachable and a bully.

Team leader followed in Manager's footsteps and made incorrect decisions causing your own KPIs to reflect this. This was because of lack of knowledge regarding the roles.
Pros
Great people to work with. Money was good.
Cons
Bad Executive Manager and Team Leader.
Not a good job unless you like been by yourself on hope to make money
Road Side Assist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 September 2016
If you like to be by your self for 10 plus hours aday and sit around for 2 plus hours doing nothing while making no money and driving from Capalaba to Ipswich to change a flat Tyre with a rotating roster that is will be one day starting at 5am and the next day starting at 10pm and next to no management support on correct process just learn from your mistakes when they tell you then this is the job for you if not avoid this job there is nothing fun about this job its a drain and life suck
Great Company
Call Centre Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains QLD12 June 2016
I would arrive at my designated shift, log in to start taking calls from clients who have had an accident and needed to log a claim.
As it was such a wide range of claims that were logged no two calls were the same.. If a tow truck was required I would organise that while I had the client on the phone. I would advise them where the vehicle would be taken to. Also the recommended repairers available.

I was also cross trained to lodge household claims as well.

My co-workers were great people, we all understood each other.

Hardest part of the job was when a fatality was involved and the partner of the person was calling to lodge a claim.

Enjoyable part of the job was variety in calls, was never boring.
Pros
No two days were the same, great team.
Cons
Rotating Rosters.
Goal orientated, well organised, safe, customer focused company to work for.
Insurance Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Queenland19 May 2016
The work day was on the phone, and answering calls from members. The call enquiries ranged from basic questions about policy or claims, lodging claims, finding out details of repairs/payout figures, transferring members to the appropriate departments when i needed to and handling emotionally charged customers on a regular basis.
I learned about how to calm people down with skills learnt from a course - such as tone of voice, listening and understanding the affects of adrenaline in our customers who had just experienced a car incident or something going wrong in the home. Management were approachable, and the co-workers were great, made the job very pleasant. The hardest part of the job was when a major weather event happened and so many members needed help, and you can only do so much, which was hard as our customers were very distressed as you could imagine. Our members were always understanding for the most part in these situations and this was also the most enjoyable part of the job, as you want to help people when they are in a time of need, this is were you see the true heart of people and how decent most people are.
Pros
You have free secure car parking, and an hour lunch break, also RACQ put on a few free lunches for various reasons. Also get a free membership to RACQ roadside, which came in very handy. There was fairly generous uniform levi aswell.
Cons
Overtime in busy periods would leave you tired, this was opptional, and not being able to get time off when needed without giving heaps of notice.
busy
Claims Support Officer (Former Employee) –  brisbane10 July 2015
Answering phones, filing, calculating repair jobs, helping assessors with work.Staff easy to get a long with. Put through courses as needed
Fun Workplace
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD6 April 2015
I enjoyed by time at RACQ. I was made redundant due to restructure within the department and ready for a challenge and a change.
Event Management, Secretary
Internal Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains3 February 2015
Prepare highly organised seamless events for up to 1000 people, from inception to delivery and review. Events included formal lunches, presentation events, Staff BBQs for 900, Christmas smorgasbord for 900, including all aspects of arranging the event. (No assistance except at event) All bookings, invites, confirmations, correspondence, ensuring timelines through diarised reminders and using task lists and event timetables. I was often commended for the well organised and presented events. Very rewarding work.

Previously, as Secretary to two Managing Directors simultaneously, my time management skills were excellent. Correspondence, telephones, diary management, recording staff ideas for judging (around 350 ideas), and arranging event for awards including arranging travel. I like being busy and would like to do PA secretarial work again.
Pros
Being b usy and well organised presenting great events that were appreciated
Cons
None.
Productive and fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eight Mile Plains, QLD31 October 2014
Great penalty rates and overtime. Plenty of opportunities for advancement
Pros
Good social club
Cons
No cons
I always enjoyed customer interaction.
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Noosaville, QLD2 April 2014
Every day was different. I could have learned something different every day. I got on with everyone I worked with. It was the most stressful job I have ever done and the most enjoyable part was when I made a customer come back, just to see me because they were happy with my service.
Pros
satisfaction you did a good job
Cons
incredibly stressfull
Telephone Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD22 January 2014
RACQ is a fun fast past company which offers wonderful staff incentives.
RACQ is a very family friendly company and were a delight to work for.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
I can not think of any from your training to your everyday working life you are supported