RACV
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

RACV Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
Difficult job, lots of heavy lifting,lots of driving a truck around Victoria, building strong relationships with customers. sales targets to abtain, long hours.
Totally enjoyable place to work, everyone is so helpful, supportive and friendly. Information is readily available. I would love to be permanently employed here.
Pros
Flexible working days/hours
Cons
workload
Despite paying well, RACV workplace is one of the worst I've ever worked for. Rife with harrassment, bullying and managers who share personal information about health and well being with other employees. I would not recommend this to anyone until they worked on their management style
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
The manager at the retail store I worked was horrible only cares about her self does not know how to manage people .
No work life balance I was ment to be partime but rostered full time hours almost.
Nice people and work culture, with lot of career progression option.
Motivated Team and fast paced environment. Focus is given on process and detailed documentation.

Self motivated Teams.
Great place to work. was there for short time but liked it very much

If you can find a permanent role there then you can think of retiring from this place.
I enjoyed my time at RACV, my store owner was an extremely nice man. The manageress was difficult to deal with. I learned many things about the insurance industry and how to correctly insure myself on my own belongngs and even in the event of travel insurance.
Would be great if there were more floor support people when challenging calls came through.

Hardest part of the job was getting the flow of the computer systems for new consultants.
asked to overwork because project is behind. No ergonomic desks. No humanistic methodology, there were all threatening and using force against employees for making them overwork.
Not paid for week-end work even after I asked for it.

they look at people like spare parts, do what PM says or throw you away.

No one listens if you cannot work that hard or have a family problem.

Managers bossify people and there is only one speaking and deciding.

No Goodbye, No respect when they want to get rid of you.

No thank you for the time and effort you spent.
Focus on both Customer centricity and capability development. Moving from on-premise to cloud with SaaS first strategy.

Very freindly organisation.

Learned some new tech areas such as Open CTI integration..
Pros
Good location and working env
Cons
Their office is an "agile" workplace - hot desking with not enough desks to go around. Arriving after 8.30am could mean you sit nowhere near people you need to interact with, and might be hunched over your laptop at a bench somewhere rather than an ergonomic workstation. This makes life difficult for people that have responsibilities like dropping children off on the way to work. Current management very focussed on individual KPI's - they spruik collaboration but good luck getting anything out of any team that doesn't help them deliver their own major targets. High turnover means it is very difficult to work across the business and have a good working relationship with people.
Pros
Nice looking office in good location.
Cons
Very high turnover, people not truly caring about the members
Worked here and had some health issues which saw me hospital for 6 weeks.
They were made aware of what was happening. Continuously asked for medical certificates even after drs had rang them to let them know as well.

No one ever called to see if I was ok in those 6 weeks.

Recieved bullying emails threatening me to come into work or I would be terminated.

Was even sent mail to say that they will be cancelling my contract if I didn't return to work on a certain date.

Ended up being pushed into writing a resignation letter whilst I was in hospital.

High turnover of people.

I worked most public holidays including Christmas day. Hit targets and had good customer feedback all the time..... this is how they treat a good worker.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not understanding of health issues or even trying to contact to check in, Unless you're going to make RACV your life Then i wouldnt bother, Not enough room for progression, Wont let you transfer from memberline to roadside
Great place to work and lot of encouragement to progress further. Good workplace culture and most enjoyable part of the job was see operations of contact centre
Was a great place to work with a lot of perks! The calls come in non stop can be very stressful. you get a mixture of all different customers but overall its a good place to work.
RACV is a hard working organisation with many people working for the company. I was able to meet some friendly people. The hardest was for me to stay at my desk all day long but after a while I got use to it.
Pros
Wages were good
Cons
Repetitive work
definitely a business that's micro manages

you also have to crawl up and be the call centre managers best friend for a career advancement at all - favors the young crowd makes him feel good about himself but they all laugh behind his back.
Great people, good benefits. Increasing pressure, but still an excellent employer.
Extremely supportive during my wife's cancer and its terminal re occurrence
Pros
Benefits and fellow workers making a pleasant environment and good customers
Cons
A call centre
Shifts of 14 hours with no breaks. They went down to 10 hours..
Constantly on the road and pushed by your boss to sell as many batteries as possible even when the existing battery could still work.

Culture is: if you don't sell enough, you are not good.

Most enjoyable part: when you (rarely) don't get calls from members, you can chill in a car park.
Pros
14 hours shifts = decent pay per day
Cons
14 hours shifts = tired on the road, risk of accidents and no time for personal life
During my employment with rhe RACV, overall the training is good & ongoing, the job is detailed with a lot to know & learn, the company does set targets for the staff & pays according to the level that you are working at! If you looking for a career driven job, this could be an opportunity for you to grow, however if you are just looking to fill your day to take home a wage this job may be to much pressure for you!
Cons
Always opportunity to do overtime
Overall, good place to work. If you like strict KPI's and pressure from management, this may be for you. Computer systems always stop working, management is poor, and work environment has changed over the past 2 years.. not so much for the better!
Pros
good people
Cons
long shifts, management, pc systems
Was a rewarding environment to work in as we were all striving to provide a great member experience in a greatly changing environment
My days consisted on 8hrs of member physical, phone and email contact and responding to current members needs and introducing potential members to the Club's varied benefits both locally and internationally
Pros
Member satisfaction
Cons
Long distance from home
Ask a question about working or interviewing at RACV. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7