Ramsay Health Care UK
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ramsay Health Care UK Employee Reviews

Australia38 reviews
This is related to Ramsay in Australia, a company that is expanding its mental health services, something sorely needed world wide. If you are passionate about mental health care then this is a great company to consider.
Pros
Great camaraderie
Cons
Limited PD opportunity
Expectation for staff to work over
Micro managing managers

Un- happy work place

lack of communication

culture of bullying

culture of favouritism amongst employees
At time very understaffed over managed and under budgeted high
stess levels with ataff could go on about lack of funding for a new off site training
I learnt a lot enough to be management. I learnt administration, I worked with the pharmacist. Worked in the dispensary, dispensed with the former pharmacist, worked well with the former pharmacist.
I'm a temp and was filling the hot side of the catering department at Joondalup Hospital, Although I'm not a full-time employee and don't know the main structure of the organisation, it is badly run and mismanaged. They expect you to know everything by the time you start your shift and have very poor communications and not tell you, if there's any changes, the equipment on the hot section is broke and once something breaks it doesn't get replaced, so I've heard from a employee that worked there full-time for many years.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this place they only care about the money for corporate profits and doesn't reinvest the money back to fix the broken equipment.

As well as the ignorant managers and staff that has been there for years and are set in their ways, not a good environment to train new employees.
Pros
Stay away
Cons
More bullcrap than it's really worth
Was lucky enough to get a Grad program with this company and will be forever grateful, have also got a permanent position and the people I work with are amazing, truely have become a second family.
Pros
Training, support, free food
Cons
Late earlies
Bad workplace bullying culture in admin/medical records. They sneak, coniive and play with your head. They know how to use gaslighting and mobbing techniques to make you questions your own sanity. So you have a breakdown. Then they blame you and make you get mental health care. They put me in the psych ward because of the mind games that they were playing.

There is no way I would recommend Ramsay health to anyone.

Another Ramsay health hospital are trying to sue a friend of mine for breaking a contract because the contract was making no money.

It's all about how much money they can get. They don't care about staff.

There were countless times that I was set up to loose the plot at work.
is not a good place to work, Ramsay Health only cares about it's Share Price only, staff come last. it was a great place to work once the Management does not respect the staff any more, Ramsay health have made poor investment decisions, staff have been told to take shorter hours to work, and Redundancies, it is very upsetting as a loyal staff member.
This is a private hospital and of course money is important to upper management
Besides that the hospital still prepared its own food for patients, went to a lot of effort to ensure all services necessary for patients were provided, and the medical team was extensive.

Nursing catering and cleaning staff all had the patient needs as there priority.

The nursing team was great to work with.
Great place to work,staff all work well together and help each other. No matter which ward you are on.Educating patients on the mpain relief and encourageing them in the rehab program so as to achieve their maximum potential.
Pros
Celebration lunches on special days
Cons
Shift work. Not enough inservices
I am currently working for ramsay health care and have over my years working there had ample opportunity to learn and progress . I enjoy working for Ramsay health care . It is a very busy environment I work in and I get excellent support from my piers .
Pros
Flexible with staff especially with children and family needs
Cons
Better pay
Organise, book and run theatre lists, coordinate doctors anaesetics and bio medical reps. Patient day procedure requirements and over night patient beds and post op requirements
Pros
Excellent workinging relationships with Doctors and theatre surgeons
Cons
High demand for efficiency and scheduling
Every shift at Ramsay has been excellent very professional and great teams. Highly recommend any one that is looking to work there, it has great values and work ethos
Westmead Private Hospital has the best workers. Also whether you are in a bad position they are always willing to help you no matter what. Amazing workplace.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
No Cons
Whilst I enjoy working at Ramsay, quite often low staff to patient ratios are dangerous, increasing stress levels amounts staff and also results in inadequate care.
Pros
I enjoy working with my regular team
Cons
Staffing levels are highly dangerous at times leaving staff to inadequately care for our patients
Form commencing work AT Ramsay the people are great to work with as they are always willing to help and assist. There are always keeping staff up to date with any and all information.
A nurturing environment in both learning and the workplace. Management was supportive and helpful. A structured learning program guaranteed excellence in patient care.
Pros
regular breaks
Cons
Great place to work. I had the best time of my life. Excellent management and supportive. I learnt my new skills over there. Hard part over there which i took as lessons I learnt my new skill. I grew so much over there.
Pros
Flexible time and over time
Cons
Loved long hours of work
Learned a lot about different products that hospitals have to stock. A great work environment and fun people to work with. A very competent management team with very good knowledge about the industry. A relaxed work culture but with set goals in mind.
The workers there are all very professional and very friendly. My boss is a very understanding woman who gives me work when available and understands when I have other commitments. STart of the year there was plenty of work where I got work 1-3 days a week. However, coming to the end and start of the new year there has been no work for me, which is why I need to look for a new job.
Pros
Long shifts, as many breaks as you want
Cons
Very repetitive work
Conveniently located workplace and hours.
Overall, poor working environment as outlined above.

Resignation due to lack of managerial support for staff, and plans to extend hospital into fields I did not wish to work in.
Pros
Convenient location, convenient work hours.
Cons
As outlined above