Ramsay Health Care UK Employee Reviews

Dietary and Catering
Temp Chef (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA17 February 2019
I'm a temp and was filling the hot side of the catering department at Joondalup Hospital, Although I'm not a full-time employee and don't know the main structure of the organisation, it is badly run and mismanaged. They expect you to know everything by the time you start your shift and have very poor communications and not tell you, if there's any changes, the equipment on the hot section is broke and once something breaks it doesn't get replaced, so I've heard from a employee that worked there full-time for many years.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this place they only care about the money for corporate profits and doesn't reinvest the money back to fix the broken equipment.

As well as the ignorant managers and staff that has been there for years and are set in their ways, not a good environment to train new employees.
Pros
Stay away
Cons
More bullcrap than it's really worth
Will always be grateful for having my Nursing career start with this company. Full support and great culture
Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joondalup WA16 February 2019
Was lucky enough to get a Grad program with this company and will be forever grateful, have also got a permanent position and the people I work with are amazing, truely have become a second family.
Pros
Training, support, free food
Cons
Late earlies
Workplace bullying culture)he are not helpful
Health information services clerk (Former Employee) –  John Flynn private hospital11 December 2018
Bad workplace bullying culture in admin/medical records. They sneak, coniive and play with your head. They know how to use gaslighting and mobbing techniques to make you questions your own sanity. So you have a breakdown. Then they blame you and make you get mental health care. They put me in the psych ward because of the mind games that they were playing.

There is no way I would recommend Ramsay health to anyone.

Another Ramsay health hospital are trying to sue a friend of mine for breaking a contract because the contract was making no money.

It's all about how much money they can get. They don't care about staff.

There were countless times that I was set up to loose the plot at work.
was a great place once not any more.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  hollywood hospital Nedlands wa2 August 2018
is not a good place to work, Ramsay Health only cares about it's Share Price only, staff come last. it was a great place to work once the Management does not respect the staff any more, Ramsay health have made poor investment decisions, staff have been told to take shorter hours to work, and Redundancies, it is very upsetting as a loyal staff member.
Friendly place to work, staff all help and encourage each other
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nambour QLD1 April 2018
Great place to work,staff all work well together and help each other. No matter which ward you are on.Educating patients on the mpain relief and encourageing them in the rehab program so as to achieve their maximum potential.
Pros
Celebration lunches on special days
Cons
Shift work. Not enough inservices
Fun work place, very busy environment with excellent staff
Carps co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 February 2018
I am currently working for ramsay health care and have over my years working there had ample opportunity to learn and progress . I enjoy working for Ramsay health care . It is a very busy environment I work in and I get excellent support from my piers .
Pros
Flexible with staff especially with children and family needs
Cons
Better pay
money orientated organisation
Patient Services Assistant / Theatre Orderley (Former Employee) –  Hollywood Prtivate Hospital Nedlands Wa5 February 2018
Organise, book and run theatre lists, coordinate doctors anaesetics and bio medical reps. Patient day procedure requirements and over night patient beds and post op requirements
Pros
Excellent workinging relationships with Doctors and theatre surgeons
Cons
High demand for efficiency and scheduling
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pindarra, John Flynn28 October 2017
Every shift at Ramsay has been excellent very professional and great teams. Highly recommend any one that is looking to work there, it has great values and work ethos
Amazing co-workers.
Theatre Orderly (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW26 September 2017
Westmead Private Hospital has the best workers. Also whether you are in a bad position they are always willing to help you no matter what. Amazing workplace.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
No Cons
Ramsay is a professional, well established corporation.
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW5 August 2017
Whilst I enjoy working at Ramsay, quite often low staff to patient ratios are dangerous, increasing stress levels amounts staff and also results in inadequate care.
Pros
I enjoy working with my regular team
Cons
Staffing levels are highly dangerous at times leaving staff to inadequately care for our patients
great team and great medical staff
Security Guard & Sterilization assistant (Current Employee) –  Birtinya QLD18 May 2017
Form commencing work AT Ramsay the people are great to work with as they are always willing to help and assist. There are always keeping staff up to date with any and all information.
very supportive of nursing staff
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA29 April 2017
A nurturing environment in both learning and the workplace. Management was supportive and helpful. A structured learning program guaranteed excellence in patient care.
Pros
regular breaks
Cons
Great job and social gathering
RN (Former Employee) –  Attadale WA15 April 2017
Great place to work. I had the best time of my life. Excellent management and supportive. I learnt my new skills over there. Hard part over there which i took as lessons I learnt my new skill. I grew so much over there.
Pros
Flexible time and over time
Cons
Loved long hours of work
Positive and fun work place
Part-time Assistant Accountant - Finance (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 February 2017
Learned a lot about different products that hospitals have to stock. A great work environment and fun people to work with. A very competent management team with very good knowledge about the industry. A relaxed work culture but with set goals in mind.
Hardworking, Clean, Professional and friendly
Invoice Processor (Current Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC6 January 2017
The workers there are all very professional and very friendly. My boss is a very understanding woman who gives me work when available and understands when I have other commitments. STart of the year there was plenty of work where I got work 1-3 days a week. However, coming to the end and start of the new year there has been no work for me, which is why I need to look for a new job.
Pros
Long shifts, as many breaks as you want
Cons
Very repetitive work
Poor wrking environment due to constant staff changes, policy changes, and extreme cost-cutting measures.
Registered Nurse Division 1 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 December 2016
Conveniently located workplace and hours.
Overall, poor working environment as outlined above.
Resignation due to lack of managerial support for staff, and plans to extend hospital into fields I did not wish to work in.
Pros
Convenient location, convenient work hours.
Cons
As outlined above
Not a great experience
Catering Assistant - commenced prior (Former Employee) –  Catering19 October 2016
Poor practices in HR, Executive & Managerial roles had many staff leaving the company. Staff did make complaints about serious matters which were dismissed as lies or not followed up by HR. All staff were kept isolated from each other during HR complaints allowing HR to lie directly to individuals about no other complaints have been made, which was untrue,
great team on the floor heavy workload
Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joondalup WA20 July 2016
Great co workers
work load to heavy to give the quality of care we as nurses want to give to each patient
Management continually put more on the nurses without any acknowledgment or extra resources to manage increased work load or paper work
Pros
great team on the floor
Cons
work load unrealistic some shifts
management
Catering Assistant (Permanent Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Benowa QLD19 June 2016
i felt that there was never any encouragement to go further within the organisation. I would have liked to been able to explore other avenues of this company.
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse Division 1 (Current Employee) –  Donvale VIC10 May 2016
A typical day includes talking to patients and other health pro
fessionals, co-ordinating their day and keeping them pain-free and encouraging independence.
My co-workers are mostly supportive and fun.
The hardest part of the job is being casual and moving around.
The best part of the job is forming relationships with patients.
Pros
Education sessions and good food
Cons
shiftwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramsay Health Care UK. Our community is ready to answer.