Ramsay Health Care

48: Ramsay Health Care Employee Reviews

Australia48 reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

not ideal for newgrad

started working at ramsay as a newgrad . i found the support very lacking for new graduate nurses esp in the mental health clinics . But wants you get the hang of the role things get better

Pros

good food, staff try to be supportive

Cons

overtime constantly

Amazing Company to work for.

I loved working for Ramsey health care they were like a family to me and I love going to work every single day and we knew that we were helping people get better and stronger and heal and be happy and that’s what nursing is all about and that’s what this hospital is all about.

Very toxic , stressful work environment.

Workplace destroyed by ego and power of Perioperative floor manger. Management allows favouritism to flourish.Employees been treated unequally and unfairly. Executive levels choose to only listen to management and support them right or wrong. This creates an unhealthy atmosphere hate, fear and toxicity.

All about the bottom line; profits above patient care and employee morale

The bottom line is all that matters here in every aspect of the company.Staff are miserable and overworked. Unsafe staff/patient ratios.Employees are completely dispensable and treated that way. Worked to the bone with no appreciation.Patient care is sacrificed, treatment times are fudged to meet health fund requirements; not genuinely fulfilled.Questionable benefit for private health when patients are treated better with more resources and better staff ratios in public health- not sure why anyone would elect to have private health cover in this instance.

Ruins people lives both mentally and financially

Don’t waste your time. All Ramsay Health Care, care about is the bottom line. They don’t care about the their staff or the culture of the company. Run a mile don’t even bother applying for any job within this company!!!

Workplace destroyed by ego and power driven management and executive

For an organisation who’s motto is ‘people caring for people’ they sure have a strange way of showing that internally. Executive levels choose to only listen to management and support them right or wrong. This creates an unhealthy atmosphere of neglect, hate, fear and toxicity. Sure not every employee is fantastic but I’ve seen so many come here with such enthusiasm and it rapidly wanes once you get on the inside. I don’t have enough words to describe the incredibly neglectful people we need to look up to. They are complicit with so many wrong doings and try to dismiss all concerns.

Pros

Starting here you think you can make a difference

Cons

Reality is you are nothing and you will be reminded of that

Great staff and wonderful cutlre

Fantastic little hospital to work with. The curltue and staff are amazing, genuinely kind, caring and compassionate, while maintaining professional relationship that support one another.

Pros

Amzing hospital culture

Don’t do it. Humanly impossible workload. Wards run on staff not taking breaks. Bullies get promoted. Burnout guarranteed.

I wouldn’t work for this company if they paid me $1000 an hour no exaggeration. Nurse and Dr ratios are dangerous to both patient and staff health. So much pressure from management to deal with lack of resources. Essential equipment and stock lacking. Hit the ground running with extremely pressured and poor training. Lots of grads break down and leave. Bullying rife. Bullies are promoted and act with impunity. I wouldn’t go there if I was sick ever. Company culture is about corporate profits. It’s worst in the private side. Nurse ratios are 2:13 in private rehab. Don’t send your loved ones there to die.

Pros

Free parking if you can get there an hour early and get one. That’s about it.

Cons

No SDNs on the wards they made them all redundant, Conned in the interview, starting second nurse at 3pm leaving 1:13 for an hour, bullying is never dealt with, bullying of grads, bullies getting promoted, unsafe workplace.

Fast Paced and Rewarding

Working with ramsay is a growing experience that teaches you many things about many different roles. Similar opportunities wouldn't exist in another companies. its a friendly and supportive place to work with a big workload to keep you focused.

Pros

team orientated

Cons

parking

Micro managing organisation

Expectation for staff to work over Micro managing managers Un- happy work place lack of communication culture of bullying culture of favouritism amongst employees

Need more staff

At time very understaffed over managed and under budgeted high stess levels with ataff could go on about lack of funding for a new off site training

Work hard no recognition

I learnt a lot enough to be management. I learnt administration, I worked with the pharmacist. Worked in the dispensary, dispensed with the former pharmacist, worked well with the former pharmacist.

An excellent team to work with, keeps you challenged

This is related to Ramsay in Australia, a company that is expanding its mental health services, something sorely needed world wide. If you are passionate about mental health care then this is a great company to consider.

Pros

Great camaraderie

Cons

Limited PD opportunity

Dietary and Catering

I'm a temp and was filling the hot side of the catering department at Joondalup Hospital, Although I'm not a full-time employee and don't know the main structure of the organisation, it is badly run and mismanaged. They expect you to know everything by the time you start your shift and have very poor communications and not tell you, if there's any changes, the equipment on the hot section is broke and once something breaks it doesn't get replaced, so I've heard from a employee that worked there full-time for many years. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this place they only care about the money for corporate profits and doesn't reinvest the money back to fix the broken equipment. As well as the ignorant managers and staff that has been there for years and are set in their ways, not a good environment to train new employees.

Pros

Stay away

Cons

More bullcrap than it's really worth

Will always be grateful for having my Nursing career start with this company. Full support and great culture

Was lucky enough to get a Grad program with this company and will be forever grateful, have also got a permanent position and the people I work with are amazing, truely have become a second family.

Pros

Training, support, free food

Cons

Late earlies

Workplace bullying culture)he are not helpful

Bad workplace bullying culture in admin/medical records. They sneak, coniive and play with your head. They know how to use gaslighting and mobbing techniques to make you questions your own sanity. So you have a breakdown. Then they blame you and make you get mental health care. They put me in the psych ward because of the mind games that they were playing. There is no way I would recommend Ramsay health to anyone. Another Ramsay health hospital are trying to sue a friend of mine for breaking a contract because the contract was making no money. It's all about how much money they can get. They don't care about staff. There were countless times that I was set up to loose the plot at work.

was a great place once not any more.

is not a good place to work, Ramsay Health only cares about it's Share Price only, staff come last. it was a great place to work once the Management does not respect the staff any more, Ramsay health have made poor investment decisions, staff have been told to take shorter hours to work, and Redundancies, it is very upsetting as a loyal staff member.

Productive supportive workplace with good team approach

This is a private hospital and of course money is important to upper management Besides that the hospital still prepared its own food for patients, went to a lot of effort to ensure all services necessary for patients were provided, and the medical team was extensive. Nursing catering and cleaning staff all had the patient needs as there priority. The nursing team was great to work with.

Friendly place to work, staff all help and encourage each other

Great place to work,staff all work well together and help each other. No matter which ward you are on.Educating patients on the mpain relief and encourageing them in the rehab program so as to achieve their maximum potential.

Pros

Celebration lunches on special days

Cons

Shift work. Not enough inservices

Fun work place, very busy environment with excellent staff

I am currently working for ramsay health care and have over my years working there had ample opportunity to learn and progress . I enjoy working for Ramsay health care . It is a very busy environment I work in and I get excellent support from my piers .

Pros

Flexible with staff especially with children and family needs

Cons

Better pay

money orientated organisation

Organise, book and run theatre lists, coordinate doctors anaesetics and bio medical reps. Patient day procedure requirements and over night patient beds and post op requirements

Pros

Excellent workinging relationships with Doctors and theatre surgeons

Cons

High demand for efficiency and scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramsay Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ramsay Health Care