Ramsay Health Care logo
Ramsay Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Ramsay Health Care Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

An excellent team to work with, keeps you challenged

This is related to Ramsay in Australia, a company that is expanding its mental health services, something sorely needed world wide. If you are passionate about mental health care then this is a great company to consider.

Pros

Great camaraderie

Cons

Limited PD opportunity

Don’t do it. Humanly impossible workload. Wards run on staff not taking breaks. Bullies get promoted. Burnout guarranteed.

I wouldn’t work for this company if they paid me $1000 an hour no exaggeration. Nurse and Dr ratios are dangerous to both patient and staff health. So much pressure from management to deal with lack of resources. Essential equipment and stock lacking. Hit the ground running with extremely pressured and poor training. Lots of grads break down and leave. Bullying rife. Bullies are promoted and act with impunity. I wouldn’t go there if I was sick ever. Company culture is about corporate profits. It’s worst in the private side. Nurse ratios are 2:13 in private rehab. Don’t send your loved ones there to die.

Pros

Free parking if you can get there an hour early and get one. That’s about it.

Cons

No SDNs on the wards they made them all redundant, Conned in the interview, starting second nurse at 3pm leaving 1:13 for an hour, bullying is never dealt with, bullying of grads, bullies getting promoted, unsafe workplace.

Fast Paced and Rewarding

Working with ramsay is a growing experience that teaches you many things about many different roles. Similar opportunities wouldn't exist in another companies. its a friendly and supportive place to work with a big workload to keep you focused.

Pros

team orientated

Cons

parking

Micro managing organisation

Expectation for staff to work over Micro managing managers Un- happy work place lack of communication culture of bullying culture of favouritism amongst employees

Need more staff

At time very understaffed over managed and under budgeted high stess levels with ataff could go on about lack of funding for a new off site training

Work hard no recognition

I learnt a lot enough to be management. I learnt administration, I worked with the pharmacist. Worked in the dispensary, dispensed with the former pharmacist, worked well with the former pharmacist.

Dietary and Catering

I'm a temp and was filling the hot side of the catering department at Joondalup Hospital, Although I'm not a full-time employee and don't know the main structure of the organisation, it is badly run and mismanaged. They expect you to know everything by the time you start your shift and have very poor communications and not tell you, if there's any changes, the equipment on the hot section is broke and once something breaks it doesn't get replaced, so I've heard from a employee that worked there full-time for many years. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this place they only care about the money for corporate profits and doesn't reinvest the money back to fix the broken equipment. As well as the ignorant managers and staff that has been there for years and are set in their ways, not a good environment to train new employees.

Pros

Stay away

Cons

More bullcrap than it's really worth

Will always be grateful for having my Nursing career start with this company. Full support and great culture

Was lucky enough to get a Grad program with this company and will be forever grateful, have also got a permanent position and the people I work with are amazing, truely have become a second family.

Pros

Training, support, free food

Cons

Late earlies

Workplace bullying culture)he are not helpful

Bad workplace bullying culture in admin/medical records. They sneak, coniive and play with your head. They know how to use gaslighting and mobbing techniques to make you questions your own sanity. So you have a breakdown. Then they blame you and make you get mental health care. They put me in the psych ward because of the mind games that they were playing. There is no way I would recommend Ramsay health to anyone. Another Ramsay health hospital are trying to sue a friend of mine for breaking a contract because the contract was making no money. It's all about how much money they can get. They don't care about staff. There were countless times that I was set up to loose the plot at work.

was a great place once not any more.

is not a good place to work, Ramsay Health only cares about it's Share Price only, staff come last. it was a great place to work once the Management does not respect the staff any more, Ramsay health have made poor investment decisions, staff have been told to take shorter hours to work, and Redundancies, it is very upsetting as a loyal staff member.

Jobs at Ramsay Health Care

See more jobs

Productive supportive workplace with good team approach

This is a private hospital and of course money is important to upper management Besides that the hospital still prepared its own food for patients, went to a lot of effort to ensure all services necessary for patients were provided, and the medical team was extensive. Nursing catering and cleaning staff all had the patient needs as there priority. The nursing team was great to work with.

Friendly place to work, staff all help and encourage each other

Great place to work,staff all work well together and help each other. No matter which ward you are on.Educating patients on the mpain relief and encourageing them in the rehab program so as to achieve their maximum potential.

Pros

Celebration lunches on special days

Cons

Shift work. Not enough inservices

Fun work place, very busy environment with excellent staff

I am currently working for ramsay health care and have over my years working there had ample opportunity to learn and progress . I enjoy working for Ramsay health care . It is a very busy environment I work in and I get excellent support from my piers .

Pros

Flexible with staff especially with children and family needs

Cons

Better pay

money orientated organisation

Organise, book and run theatre lists, coordinate doctors anaesetics and bio medical reps. Patient day procedure requirements and over night patient beds and post op requirements

Pros

Excellent workinging relationships with Doctors and theatre surgeons

Cons

High demand for efficiency and scheduling

Every shift at Ramsay has been excellent very professional and great teams. Highly recommend any one that is looking to work there, it has great values and work ethos

Amazing co-workers.

Westmead Private Hospital has the best workers. Also whether you are in a bad position they are always willing to help you no matter what. Amazing workplace.

Pros

Amazing People

Cons

No Cons

Ramsay is a professional, well established corporation.

Whilst I enjoy working at Ramsay, quite often low staff to patient ratios are dangerous, increasing stress levels amounts staff and also results in inadequate care.

Pros

I enjoy working with my regular team

Cons

Staffing levels are highly dangerous at times leaving staff to inadequately care for our patients

great team and great medical staff

Form commencing work AT Ramsay the people are great to work with as they are always willing to help and assist. There are always keeping staff up to date with any and all information.

very supportive of nursing staff

A nurturing environment in both learning and the workplace. Management was supportive and helpful. A structured learning program guaranteed excellence in patient care.

Pros

regular breaks

Cons

Great job and social gathering

Great place to work. I had the best time of my life. Excellent management and supportive. I learnt my new skills over there. Hard part over there which i took as lessons I learnt my new skill. I grew so much over there.

Pros

Flexible time and over time

Cons

Loved long hours of work

Positive and fun work place

Learned a lot about different products that hospitals have to stock. A great work environment and fun people to work with. A very competent management team with very good knowledge about the industry. A relaxed work culture but with set goals in mind.
  • Ramsay Health Care