Ramsay Health Care

Ramsay Health Care Employee Reviews

Australia182 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Great staff, poor management

Worked at this hospital for numerous years. Absolutely driven and amazing floor staff. Unfortunately, they were unable to reach their full potential due to the lack of support from upper management. The mentality that the hospital "was a business" seemed to diminish resources and staffing over the years. This made for a highly stressful environment.

Very busy and lots of opportunities to learn

I love working at greenslopes There’s lots of support for the staff if you’re struggling they’re always there When I had Covid and long Covid afterThey gave me all the help, referring me to the write peopleAnd putting me on sick leave for as long as I needed with no pressure at all.

Pros

Free car park

Cons

Can be stressful at times, and sometimes there’s challenging people

Ramsay Health Care insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

This is the best Hospital I have ever work. A job with a job security. I love it here.

This is a good job I have ever had. I love my job. This is a secured job. Multicultural sprit. No racist as compared to other hospitals I have worked for.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Enough shifts to cover a budget

Terrible management, runs on goodwill of staff

All this company cares about is profit. Always short staffed, nurses forced to work unpaid overtime to make up for lack of staffing. Very little training opportunities, no guidelines or work standards available. You just have to ask a colleague and hope they tell you the right way or wing it - very scary. The only feedback you receive is when you do something they perceive is wrong.

No support , rampant bullying

No support for RNs, constantly being asked to reduce hours to make KPIs at expense of patient safety and nurses burning out. “Makes sense” when you find out the NUMs get their bonus for meeting KPIs.Don’t do it.

Equal Opportunity for Everyone.

Ramsay Healthcare is equal opportunity organisation. The amount of clinical support any novice nurse get here is incredible. I am always thankful to Ramsay Healthcare for giving me an opportunity to enhance my nursing skills.

A major failure from top to bottom

If you ever want to feel a sense of not being appreciated as a human being for your work than this is the place to come. It has started to spiral out of control in the last 3-4 years and its never a surprise to see what new lows this place can hit. Record number of resignations and changes across all levels, nurses, admin staff, theatres, management and executive. They always "claim" to be listening to feedback and working on things but nothing will ever change. They don't communicate anything properly and there is a lot of talking behind closed doors, backstabbing and in general passing the buck. Executive levels need to bypass their management and talk to the people on the ground level to get a proper consensus of whats going on, because they just ask how things are and management cover it up by saying 'oh yeh all good'. This is not the case. There are people here who have left due to stress and work issues which could of ALL been prevented. They know this but choose to worry about just collecting their own pay packet and hoping the problem goes away. They do a staff survey 1 year ago, the place rates extremely poorly and are now trying to say oh we have implemented fixes! Sorry, where and how? Non existent. They must also do a good job of lying to the Ramsay health head honchos too. If you are a nurse, wards person, clerk or in catering, housekeep etc I would not recommend this place. Everyone is miserable at the moment and if you are considering a job, walk around the hospital for 10 minutes and you will see what I mean.

Pros

Fortnightly pay day

Cons

Pretty much everything. Management and stress levels at top of list.

Don’t do it. Run as fast as you can.

Do not care about their employees. One staff member vomited on themselves from stress and was just provided with a new uniform and told to carry on. Witnessed a horrific car accident on-site and offered no EAP. No flexibility and holidays need to be submitted 12 months in advance and even then you are not guaranteed to get them.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, no parking, toxic work culture.

Great workplace with awesome team, absolutely horrible management

My colleagues were the best part of the job. Unfortunately had the worst manager who had no management training whatsoever. After years in that position you would think there would be some professional development given or even motivation to do better but no. Fortunately I gained valuable experience through other staff members throughout the hospital who were very experienced and motivated.

Pros

Great workplace culture with awesome team

Cons

Selfish/Poor management

Ramsay Health Care promotes team work and takes care of its workers

Ramsay Health Care has an excellent approach to their staff; they always support and are fair to the staff. They have a good outlook and always are giving support to the team with constant e-learning and are able to progess

I worked for Ramsay for over 10 years at the start it was fantastic now i wouldn't recommend it as a place to work

High Workloads I do like the team nursing policy. The staff are amazing especially the long term staff, in such a busy work enviroment you learn who you trust and develop very close bonds with your fellow nurses. Ramsay have got rid of alot of the educators of the departments which has been hard as they were a huge back up.

Terrible working place

Despicable management. 70% are Toxic staff. You are just a number and no recognition from any department. Any support or encouragement and on the top of that they only care about the bad staff.

Great Opportunities

I really enjoyed my time working at Ramsay Health Southern Highlands Private.In my time as a nurse 👩🏻‍⚕️ working at the private, I was fortunate enough to work in all area of the hospital, which included but not limited to Medical & Surgical wards. HDU, CSSD, day stay surgery and theatres.I also helped out under supervision in Recovery. I worked with a number of fabulous staff and management in my 5 years at SHPH. I really enjoyed working night shifts on a busy surgical ward full of post op patients. It was extremely tiring heavy work, long hours with no doctor on duty and very minimal staff, but I worked with a great bunch of senior staff, that on the most part we’re willing to always offer their support, knowledge or assistance. We all worked very well as a team. The hospital also had some really FUN outside bonding activities like Miss Muddy that was a charity event to raise money for breast cancer.

Pros

Above Award wage, Meal Voucher if you did a double shift. Sleep day pay sometimes.

Cons

Long hours, short staffed, BIG patient loads on Night Duty.

the nicest place I have ever worked ,the staff in all areas are wonderful

always busy cleaning patients rooms and all other areas,the staff and management are great to work with,hardest part of the job when a lot of patients leave at the same time and you have to be quick so new patients can be admitted,most enjoyable part of the job is when patients and staff praise us with what a great job we do

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Nil

Its all about the bottom dollar

I was employed as a casual Environmental Assistant for 5 years. You don't get salary sacrificing nor other benefits they promote unless you are permanent. Despite working an average of 30hrs per week they twice rejected my request to become permanent. When they finally offered FT, it was insulting to be only guaranteed 8hrs per week.Most of the other staff are great but the further up the hierarchy, the ruder they get.Dont expect to get work/life balance as an ESA - I was regularly rostered for between 20-25 shifts per month and start/finish times were always adjusted to meet KPI's. One month I was rostered for 25 shifts and 21 of them were changed -either shortened, lengthened or cancelled and usually that occurred the day prior or on the day of your shift.

Nicest People you will ever meet

Ramsay Health Care very much embodies its motto of people taking care of people.The management really does everything they could to help you get started.

Pros

Remote Work Flexibility

Cons

Long Travel Distance

not ideal for newgrad

started working at ramsay as a newgrad . i found the support very lacking for new graduate nurses esp in the mental health clinics . But wants you get the hang of the role things get better

Pros

good food, staff try to be supportive

Cons

overtime constantly

Amazing Company to work for.

I loved working for Ramsey health care they were like a family to me and I love going to work every single day and we knew that we were helping people get better and stronger and heal and be happy and that’s what nursing is all about and that’s what this hospital is all about.

Nice people

Used and abused. Worked to death. Still there because of people. NoMoreToSayNo work/life balanceGlad for opportunity but promises were never met. No more to say

Very toxic , stressful work environment.

Workplace destroyed by ego and power of Perioperative floor manger. Management allows favouritism to flourish.Employees been treated unequally and unfairly. Executive levels choose to only listen to management and support them right or wrong. This creates an unhealthy atmosphere hate, fear and toxicity.

All about the bottom line; profits above patient care and employee morale

The bottom line is all that matters here in every aspect of the company.Staff are miserable and overworked. Unsafe staff/patient ratios.Employees are completely dispensable and treated that way. Worked to the bone with no appreciation.Patient care is sacrificed, treatment times are fudged to meet health fund requirements; not genuinely fulfilled.Questionable benefit for private health when patients are treated better with more resources and better staff ratios in public health- not sure why anyone would elect to have private health cover in this instance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramsay Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Ramsay Health Care with