Rashays
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Rashays Employee Reviews

Australia105 reviews
For me, Rashay's was my first real job and I am thankful for the amazing people I worked with on the daily. I was able to learn and grow into my role within the company to enhance my skills while working some of the most amazing, uplifting individuals in the world. Will forever be grateful the time I spent working here.
They were very nice and friendly and always helped me out when i needed to learn something, the only problem was my paid it was so small for all the work and effort put into the work i had to do.
After only getting 7 hours max a week, and being paid $16 as a 20 year old, this company did me even dirtier. In the midst of the current pandemic I was first stood down, then ignored for two weeks when asking about eligibility for job keeper and If I was employed part time. I wasn’t given an answer to my questions they just fired me via email. Even before this issue, there were extremely unprofessional managers there that treat staff poorly.
This company does not care about staff and only exist to make money for the owners. Unrealistic standards and expectations, considering the lack of staff permitted on shift at any one time. You get no staff benefits at all. Almost every catering establishment provides a meal on shift. Rashays makes you pay for everything. This company needs to disappear as quick as possible. You will learn nothing, gain nothing and would be making a huge mistake working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, poor management, zero staff benefits
would not tell anyone to work there they under pay the owners are not friendly people when there is a problem they wont work with the employee to resolve the issue
the type of work greatly impacts the level of diffuculty, the kitchen can get really stressful and management doesn't help this when it get really busy as most of them are lazy.
They not care much about their staff. The only thing important there is customer. They might ask you to sitting outside without paid when they are not busy.
Take advantage of youth for cheap labour.
Staff treated poorly, management is chaos, avoid tax by employing dodgy workers off the books, little incentive for employees to respect company.
Good for when you are in school earning cash but living after high school there is not much money in it and management don't listen to you and your ideas to improve the lack of customers
I've been constantly underpaid, not given my minimum 8 hour shifts as a part time employee. They don't like when people speak up with suggestions for the business or to talk about their rights.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
Constantly chasing up pay, constantly having to message management to fix shifts that I continuously specified I couldn't do
At Rashay's the lack of 1 on 1 training for Managers is the real issue. If you make a mistake you are usually just given the boot, even if you & they know you were not the problem. Toxic culture with bullying of junior staff. They can't keep good cooks as they are treated like a number & they know that. All food comes in prepackaged just so reheating is quick & easy. Esp veges/potato in bags.
I was happy with people I was working there however the owner and the head office (as rashays is a franchise) were strict and had bad attitude. Your hours and days could be cut every time the business is down.
the management isn't the best. Always understaffed. No weekend rates, public holiday rates or overtime rates for MOST staff. not enough training for staff working there. management does not care/ appreciate workers.
The owner of the restaurant is very rude and does not treat employees with respect. Back of house manager only cares about scheduling his employees based on his preferences. One of the employees were hired by nepotism and only comes to the job to slack around and sometimes would walk out of the job when he is not supposed to.
was fun experience great staff to work with money wasn't the best but overall tried my best to enjoy the place with all the other staff member and customers
Management is great and reasonable, lots of opportunities to grow in the company and overall job satisfaction. A really tight knit team which makes going to work enjoyable and as a result making our customers happy
the employees and managers are encouraging and provide good training. Shifts were highly flexible and consistant. Values of customer service is clearly shown through this company
The owner likes to be rude to staff and yells at them for every little thing they do wrong. The managers barely do anything. One manager goes to the back to use their phone or talk most of the time.
My review of "Rashays" is 5 stars.
As a previous waitress / bar staff i can honestly say first hand it was amazing being apart of the " Rashays" Team.
Found the hours long, difficult to leave on time, good place for beginners, since you need to be hands on the job n get to learn a lot. Management can be difficult to handle at times. People come and go.
Cons
The work environment was enjoyable. Though i was much younger than all the other employees so i did feel abit out of place. But the employees were nice and accepting.