Rashays Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW15 August 2019
My review of "Rashays" is 5 stars.
As a previous waitress / bar staff i can honestly say first hand it was amazing being apart of the " Rashays" Team.
Long hours, okay for beginners.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 June 2019
Found the hours long, difficult to leave on time, good place for beginners, since you need to be hands on the job n get to learn a lot. Management can be difficult to handle at times. People come and go.
Cons
Fun place to work but management could improve
Waitressing (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW28 April 2019
Rashays was a good first job to have, but shouldn’t be a permanent job as pay is very poor and shifts tend to be given once or twice a week. Co-workers were amazing and easy to work with, but the managers could learn to listen to and respect the staff more
Pros
Made life long friends
Cons
Poor pay, poor hours, no staff benefits
Worst employer ever
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 April 2019
Have had constant problems with my pay, will pay you the absolute minimum as they are the stingiest company, they do not listen to your availabilities and will roster you whenever they feel like it, hours are terrible, definitely not a workplace where you will be taken care of. Very high turnover rate due to poor treatment. Training is not focused on enough and management team is friendly but poor. No benefits while working the job, best you'll get is a 10 percent discount like every other public member. Would not wish this job upon my worst enemy
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Practically everything
needs to be more organised and managed well
WAITRESS (Current Employee) –  Punchbowl NSW20 March 2019
unpromising management, lies after lies.
Months later still haven't received my pay
but did learn customer survive skills, gained experience, and met new people
Okay place
team member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2019
It's not an excellent work place but it does provide various shifts, however, the managers are not exactly polite and nice to their crew members. Overall, there is no sense of community.
No understanding from management.
2IC Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW25 February 2019
It took me 6 months to realise that management and head office was a joke. they dont take into consideration the workers feelings and what they might go through. all they care about is if you can work and make them money. would not work with them again and i tell all my family and friends to not as well so they wont be treated with the same disrespect that i was.
Pros
free food
Cons
No compassion or understanding for the workers.
Have fun
Student placement: Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW 27701 February 2019
l had a great time with Rashay as a student placement for my hospitality class and generally like the atmosphere that the co- workers give. Generally the workers will help and guide you to know the basic procedure on how the work should be conducted, which was to serve drinks/food, put dishes away, dry the utensils/plates, wipe tables, sweep floor and if necessary mop floor. l also heard that you can order for free when you are a employee/volunteer but l not sure about now
Horrible management
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 November 2018
If you want to work somewhere where your manager and all the other staff bully you then Rashays is the place to work, only get $9 an hour and have asked to move to casual multiple times as I applied to be a casual but when I started I was Part time.
Official response from Rashays
5 November 2018

Hi,
We are very sorry to read of your experience. Please email welisten@rashays.com as we would like to assist in rectifying the issues. Please know that all correspondence to welisten is strictly confidential.

MacArthur Square Rashays is amazing
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Macarthur NSW5 October 2018
I have been working at Rashays MacArthur for over a year and I have enjoyed every moment. Everyone is nice and everyone is always working as a team. The ambience is energetic, friendly and cheerful. Teamwork is always present and everyone becomes a family.
Pros
Amazing business culture
Cons
Fun workplace suitable as a first job
Barista/Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool NSW3 October 2018
Working at Rashay's will teach you exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, while establishing and understanding the requirements of running a business.
Productive and competitive
Bar & Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW21 September 2018
Rashay's have an competitive work background. Working there made me develop to work under pressure whilst completing tasks in a well-timed manner. People tend to struggle to produce 110% after long hours but I maintain the same from the start-to-finish making sure to give it my all till I finish my shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the workers, made me feel at home and always the competition. Although the downfall to my experience were the short hours given to me, and I have requested for long hours. Also, the negative workers that will put you down because others out-preform them. Which can be demoralizing and sadly I became a victim to it.
Pros
competitive work culture
Cons
Short hours
Rashays
Waitress/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW13 September 2018
everyday is different, very friendly staff and management! Fast paced, but you make great friends and serve different people everyday. most enjoyable part is getting to know customers, and working with good staff
Pros
can have a day off, friendly atmosphere
Cons
little discount
Very busy and productive
Cashier / Waitress / Runner / Host (Former Employee) –  Merrylands NSW4 September 2018
Everyday was different, different managers, different people and good foods. Customers are so different. Some are kind and some are arrogant and rude. Rashays itself is a good place to work for people with little to no experience in the workforce.
Pros
Free dessert
Cons
Bad management
Can get full on at times but is a good way to build experience
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW20 August 2018
The job can get very full on at times, especially when busy, you need to be able to keep up with everything and be quick and efficient while also having excellent customer service skills. The pay isn't the best, but it's not the worst either, as long as you know how much you're legally supposed to be getting paid then it is fine.
Good experience in hospitality.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Merrylands NSW13 August 2018
Fast pass and intense at times, underpayed for amount of effort put in. Staff can be unreliable but this is understandable due to the percentage of younger employees.
Pros
People
Cons
Strenuous work
Evil Franchisee
BOH Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Narellan NSW25 July 2018
Terrible franchisee and the management was so rude!
Not a very good place to work if you would like to be treated with respect. Never got to start shift when it was suposed to if the store was not busy!
Amazing workplace with great senior management
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Penrith NSW17 July 2018
The workplace is amazing and the senior management is fantastic. Staff are great, customers love coming back to see us. Reliable owners and good culture!
Pros
Great culture, accommodating roster, nice owners
Working at Back of House
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 June 2018
• Working from orders, processing according to patron orders
• Preparing catering, garnish meals
• Skills and knowledge required to safely use commercial kitchen equipment to prepare a range of different food types.
• Skills and knowledge required to use a range of basic cookery methods to prepare dishes.
• the ability to select and prepare ingredients, and to use relevant equipment and cookery and food storage methods.
• Skills and knowledge required to use personal hygiene practices to prevent contamination of food that might cause food-borne illnesses. It requires the ability to follow predetermined organisational procedures and to identify and control food hazards.
• Packing and factory experience
• Able to work in a team or independently
• Able to follow instructions and manage time to complete set tasks
• Well-presented and friendly
• Work cooperatively with others and deal effectively with issues, problems and conflict.
• Mature, responsible and willing to learn
Pros
Get experience
Cons
work under pressure
very high stressful job
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW24 May 2018
rashays has had it ups and downs with me I was getting paid as a 13 year old when I'm 18! and I didn't get paid the first 2 weeks of my and 2 managers are not nice I'm not getting treated right by them at all
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rashays. Our community is ready to answer.